Profile for Jijjssen > Reviews

Amy Carmichael of Dohnavur
by Frank Houghton
Price: 8.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Amy Carmichael of Dohnavur, 16 April 2014
I read this book a while back. I still have quite a vivid memory of it. I had read the books "If" and "God's Missionary" by Amy Carmichael prior, and I really wanted to get to know more about Amy Carmichael.

Frank Houghton did a stellar job. The amount of primary sources he uses throughout the book is so extensive you could almost call it an autobiography. He is by no means an impartial biographer though. He refers to her as 'Amma' (an Inidian term of endearment meaning "mother") throughout. Frank himself was an Anglican Missionary, and his dear love, affection and admiration of Amy Carmichael is very apparent throughout the book, since I share this love, affection and admiration for her God-given earthly assignment, the book was well suited to me. I believe Elizabeth Elliot has produced a biography of Amy Carmichael entitled "A chance to die" which I hear is a little more impartial.

I am giving this book four stars (I really wish I could give it 4.5), the book is well written though at parts it is a little difficult to read. All in all this book is definetly worth buying especially if you know a little of her and her work already. I assure you, if you give this book a read it will inspire you, and bring you closer in your relationship to the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Only Arranged Marriage
The Only Arranged Marriage
by Raj Jarrett
Price: 15.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime!, 15 Mar 2014
A very compelling autobiography, there are absolutely no chapters in this book you will have to 'struggle through', from start to finish it is interesting, thought-provoking fills you with hope and excites your emotions. You will find it hard to put this book down as Raj takes you through the journey of her extraordinary life of how a young girl raised into a Sikh family, surrounded by spiritual darkness and confusion found the only one she was truly destined and arranged to Marry, Jesus.

Buy this book, you won't regret it.

40 Juicing Recipes For Weight Loss and Healthy Living (Juicer Recipes Book)
40 Juicing Recipes For Weight Loss and Healthy Living (Juicer Recipes Book)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Binta review:40 juicing recipe s, 5 Oct 2013
Great read. Lovely recipes. Nice layout for easy read. Only thing which would improve it is if the calorie count was included for each recipe the it would have 5 stars. Glad I downloaded it. Even better it was free. Loved it.

The Autobiography of George Muller
The Autobiography of George Muller
by George Muller
Price: 5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have, 6 Feb 2013
You know Its a great book when you go buy another copy so you can bless someone else with it. You won't regret reading it.