Profile for shawshanksteve > Reviews

shawshanksteve "shawshanksteve" (UK)

Magic 2015
Magic 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Magic 2015 (App)
Magic. What more can I say?

Hitachi HTS721010A9E630 Travelstar 7K1000 1000 GB Internal
Hitachi HTS721010A9E630 Travelstar 7K1000 1000 GB Internal
Offered by Inkubus Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Drive for PS4 Upgrade, 3 Jun. 2014
I purchased this as a PS4 upgrade. It arrived quickly and was quick and easy to upgrade. When you download the PS4 fimrware beware as there are two different downloads and the web page does not do a good job of explaining the difference. One download is much smaller than the other. You use the small one if you want ti simply update your firmware from a USB device. The larger download is the one you need if you're performing a hard drive replacement. Took me a while to figure out but a bit of gooling sorted that out...

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Battery. Thanks ZeroLemon!!!, 10 Jun. 2013
I performed the initial charge and I was still on the same charge a week later. I kid you not. I may not be a heavy user like some but I would say a medium user. Use it for emails, browsing and have been playing a fair amount of Where's My Water and I can't believe that I'm still on the first charge. It is worth pointing out that I do switch off wi-fi and mobile data and only switch them on when I want them. This is a habit I acquired due to the stock battery and will probably continue to do this.

The downside to the white moulded case is that it has got dirty very quickly. My S3 is red and I thought that the white case would look good on it but I wish I'd gone for the black instead especially due to the dirt. I emailed ZeroLemon and they said that they will be sending me a free black case. It has not arrived yet as it is coming from Asia but excellent service from the company. The quality of the moulded case is very good though.

The phone is obviously chunkier and heavier with this battery but I personally prefer the feel of it this way even though I know some people crave for ever thinner and lighter phones. I guess it all depends on your preference.

So far so good I would recommend this to anyone.

It's Not What You Think
It's Not What You Think

5.0 out of 5 stars Book is great but NO PHOTOS ON KINDLE VERSION, 6 Oct. 2010
I consider photos to be an essential part of a biography (or autobiography in this case). I was disappointed to find that they were not present in the Kindle version. I have obtained a refund from Amazon and have orderd the traditional book instead.

5 stars for the book, 5 for Amazon's customer services but 0 stars for Harper Collins who somehow think it's OK to issue a sub-standard product.

I came across a section where Chris was talking about his brother and he wrote something along the lines of "And here is a picture of him" and there was no picture. What??? Cheated. May seem petty to some but having recently purchased a Kindle (not cheap) I did not expect to find such shoddy work when the Kindle is perfectly able to display the photos.

Sort yourself out Harper Collins...