Profile for Sunqueen > Reviews

Content by Sunqueen

Sunqueen

Trust Me, I'm a Vet: (Talyton St George)
Trust Me, I'm a Vet: (Talyton St George)
by Cathy Woodman

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for on hols, 10 Jan 2011
I bought this book as a holiday read last year. The author is an ex vet and an animal lover and I thought this book might appeal to me. I was not disappointed, it's a nice little tale - although the love story element of it is predictable. The animal tales actually brought a tear to my eye.

Between the Lines: My Story Uncut
Between the Lines: My Story Uncut
by Jason Donovan

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 10 Jan 2011
I borrowed this book from a colleague and read it in the space of two days. Was never a particular fan of his music but as he is the same as age me I was interested to read about his life and how he met Kylie etc. Didn't realise what a mess he had got into with drugs and frittering money away, he's lucky that he has managed to turn his life around; he's seems like a nice chap.

A good read, I really enjoyed it.

Memoirs of a Fruitcake: The Wilderness Years 2000-2010
Memoirs of a Fruitcake: The Wilderness Years 2000-2010
by Chris Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 10 Jan 2011
Thoroughly enjoyed the second instalment as much as the first, probably a little bit more actually. It's the Billie Piper, LA years here (enjoyed the story of when Chris and Billie bumped into half the cast of Friends whilst house hunting). Explains how Chris got the Radio 2 breakfast slot and how he met his wife Natasha. Pity it's up to date now, will have to wait a few more years for the third one.

It's Not What You Think
It's Not What You Think
by Chris Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 5 Jan 2011
I absolutely loved this book and read it really quickly. There were some great tales in it, the Richard Branson and Concorde escapade was very amusing. Liked the format of the book with the top tens, am looking forward to the sequel.

Must Be Love
Must Be Love
by Cathy Woodman

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected, 5 Jan 2011
This review is from: Must Be Love (Paperback)
The story carries on from where the first book ends but I was left feeling disappointed. The first book had a lot more animal tales in it but this book concentrates more on the relationships that Maz has with her boyfriend Alex and the strain on her friendship with her partner at the vet surgery. Although the book was not as good as the first it wasn't at all bad and I will read the final book in the trilogy to see how it all ends.