Profile for F. Paraiso > Reviews

Content by F. Paraiso

F. Paraiso "Ripperfreak" (Downunder)

LG 3D Smart Wi-Fi Blu-ray Player with Private Sound Mode and Miracast
LG 3D Smart Wi-Fi Blu-ray Player with Private Sound Mode and Miracast

3.0 out of 5 stars LG BP645 Bluray player..., 21 Jun 2014
I bought this May 7th and June 13th develops a fault. It froze during boot process and stucked on the LG Logo. LG service centre collected it for repairs, returned 3 days later telling me it was resolved. Lo and behold it didn't then I recieved another letter advicing for a refund or replacement from the seller due to unrepairable fault. There I will be returning for a refund. The player was slow in boot up, connecting to the Router via wifi was fast but acquiring content takes ages. I bought this specially to stream from Lovefilm. Though once it a quired the content it is good viewing. But to become faulty after a month of few usage is not acceptable. lucky still under warranty tho the return window for Amazon had lapsed. I got an LG UPLIFT REFERENCE due to Beyond Repair fault.

Samsung S24C300HS 24 inch HDMI VGA LED Monitor
Samsung S24C300HS 24 inch HDMI VGA LED Monitor
Offered by Crampton And Moore

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung S24C300HS, 6 Jan 2014
I have the older version S24B350B but similar to this without the HDMI input.
I have no complaints about the picture clarity it is excellent.
The only flaw of the design is NO VESA FIXINGS. if you intend to put in the wall or use a non conventional base unit.
Secondly, the base TILT MECHANISM is too loose, it can only be in two positions fully Backward or fully forward. Not unless on this more latest modern that flaws are already fixed on the base arm.
Tilt in a more upright position and it just tilted forward at minimal touch. No way to tighten the screw either. I put lots of BLU Tack to hold it into place as i have a logitech webcam on top of it.

Lighthouse 8 Led Headlight 3 Function Silver
Lighthouse 8 Led Headlight 3 Function Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Lighthouse headlight, 19 April 2013
Bought this the other day sealed in its plastic packaging. Put battery in it 3AAA and doesn't turn on at all. NO LIGHT NOTHING!!!! Put another set of battery and still nothing.
I am a mechanical engineer so I thought time to find out what's wrong. i BOUGHT IT CHEAP £2.50 so not bad to waste. 1)checked battery magazine output..4.7V okay as 3 x 1.5 more or less 4.5V, 2)Forced open the other side of lamp this is glued
, okay too.3) Undone the lamp assembly via a knife edge along the joint and 4 clips, then 2 small screws on both side of the LED board. It cam out easy and found the TWO LITTLE SPRINGS THAT SUPPOSE TO CONNECT TO THE BATTERY PLATE IS BENT AND NOT TOUCHING THE METAL AT ALL. Removed the springs and soldered a piece of wire direct to the plate from the electronic board. Reassembled and working as suppose to be.... I saved my dough.
Now the light itself...aside from almost ended in the trash works as intended 3 different settings and quite good. My only criticism is for Lighthouse very POOR quality control. Probably never test the units after assembly. Those spring contacts are very easily out of position and doesn't make metal to metal contact. So I give nil star to quality control but the lights if it worked has to be 4 star. 1 star less for my troubles!!!

Fire Shovel Mat Black 5" Spade Scoop Coal Remove Ash
Fire Shovel Mat Black 5" Spade Scoop Coal Remove Ash
Offered by Lastminute Deals

1.0 out of 5 stars REALLY FOR ASH!!!, 2 April 2013
Bought one for the compost out of the bag but unfortunately, it went 90 degree on the neck the 5th scoop I have done. To be fair, the compost is wet and heavy while the shovel was categorized as ASH SHOVEL which ash is featherweight. I suggest before using it, put a wood handle as far down below the neck. and screw or nail it top and below the neck area. So if you intend to use this shovel other then ash...you can forget it!

CiT Vantage Midi Mesh Gaming Case with HD Audio, 4 Fans, Card Reader and No PSU - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful case, 20 July 2012
I bought this for my new build. Quite roomy for anything and easy access with two finger screw each side cover.
The wires were fully labelled so easy to know where they should be plugged on the board. The side fans a bit noisy if on but not too noisy
to interfere with anything and can be switched off. The lights looks good too. I intended to use my old 400W PSU from my old DELL but it only take ATX from factor.
My only criticism is when installing HDD's if the mobo and wirings already in as everything is on the way of the slots. Not like the Optical drives that is pushed in from the front. I used 120 GB SSD for my OS drive and 2TB HDD for my storage dump and used GE Force NVidia 440 GT graphics. Overall a nice and lovely case for the price paid.

Samsung S24B350BS 24 inch Widescreen LED Monitor - Gloss Black (1920 x 1080 Full HD, 5ms, VGA)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but Not perfect!, 16 July 2012
PROS:
The monitor was light and classy in appearance. Easy to install though you have to make note of the Model from the box as nothing on the paper documents came with it.
Colours quite good though I adjusted the brightness to 68% as its is too bright to my liking on the default settings. Menu is easy to navigate and adjust to your specs.

CONS:
My only criticism on this monitor is the...
a) No VESA MOUNT as one reviewer note.
b) the Base Fulcrum (joint) Its just too loose it cannot hold any position between LEAN BACK and FORWARD. It pains me because I cannot adjust it to a better viewing angle.
The "SAMSUNG MAGIC ANGLE" Facility helps in this respect as it adjusted the pictures and the text conforming the angle you wanted. Mine as I position my monitor on the Laid back position I opted for the "LEAN BACK MODE 1". If the fulcrum is a little tighter then I give this monitor a 5 star rating but because of this flaw on the design I give it a 3*. My LOGITECH camera perched on top of the monitor flew several times when I am reaching something at the back of it as it just drooped forward too easily.
c) It came with a VGA not DVI? Not much difference but I prefer DVI as its the only output on my graphics card (no VGA), I have a converter though. Again, for a £2.50 cable they could have included it on the pack.

String in WHITE, Extendable LED system 4501-200 - Festive Lights - made by Konstsmide

5.0 out of 5 stars Extendable LED by Konstsmide, 8 Dec 2009
I had a few of these units (3 white and 3 Blue string 90 LED) for 2 years now and I can attest that they're of highest quality.
LED covers are glass not plastic as my other units are made by Fotodiastaci. LED's Very bright and robust in construction. I cannot find any cons aside from the pricey starter cables. Actually I just bought another starter, one in three connector and 2 units of 90 LED string from Woowoo.
Get it while you can.

Canon PIXMA iP5000 Colour Bubble Jet Printer
Canon PIXMA iP5000 Colour Bubble Jet Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars <Canon Pixma iP5000>, 22 Oct 2005
I have this Canon Printer now for 6 months and it's the first Canon printer I ever own. I bought this printer specifically for printing Photos and CD/DVD's. Software installation was simple but the only hitch was that it messes up my other printers (Dell AIO 960) envelope set-up. Enquired Canon if any known conflict but told none so Dell sort it out for me in the end. Now they are happy together I just select which printer to use with no problem. Another hitch is the printers INK monitor. It doesn't show the actual ink level until it's almost critical level already which is bad because you get caught up if you have no spares. Positive side of this printer was the quality of prints and VERY stingy with ink. Compatibles work well also. The CD label design software was also excellent almost comparable to NEATO in functionality. Cd printing be it Silver (Ritek found best for the ink no smudging at all) or white top printables was superb. Only downside was the label center hole adjuster only allow -10mm which is 10mm short of a full face printing. Photo prints excellent too so all in all when it comes to functionality it's a superb printer. The two paper source and the sleek design was a bonus.