Profile for Fitz Gerald > Reviews

Quartet
Quartet
by Ronald Harwood

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the movie better, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Quartet (Paperback)
I saw the documentary "Tosca's kiss" which is the reference to Ron Harwood's play; I read the play and I saw the movie. There is a great deal of differences between play and movie. It seemed to me that the movie is more convincing relating to the characters. Nevertheless the play is worth reading.

These Three Remain: A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman: 3
These Three Remain: A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman: 3

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe dead harsh, 15 May 2013
I love "Pride and Prejudice", not only for the story but the way of telling, the narrative style. Austen is literature.

For my money, these Aidons's books are kitsch..

An Assembly Such as This (Fitzwilliam Darcy Gentleman)
An Assembly Such as This (Fitzwilliam Darcy Gentleman)

Duty and Desire; Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman, Book 2
Duty and Desire; Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman, Book 2

Quartet [DVD]
Quartet [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith
Offered by The Happy Zombie

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't expect the taste of peaches, if you eat apples., 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: Quartet [DVD] (DVD)
First and foremost: I went gray. Maybe this opens the eyes and ears and the heart (called preconception) to enjoy the film and to leave the cinema cheerfully and gayly.
The film hasn't been intended about Verdi - it isn't said by the "film maker" anywhere - it's about feelings.
I love the actors. I admire Jean's and Reggie's change in facial expressions from being apprehensive and worried to happiness (This is the film's plot.). I think Maggie Smith and Tom Courtenay did it dead greatly. And Pauline Collins - I remember her from "Upstairs-Downstairs" - is awesome. And last, but not least I discovered Sheridan Smith as a wonderful actress.
And then there are these beautiful pictures of the park around the house, with old trees as damaged as we old people are.
Yes (Cissy quotes it): Old age is no place for sissies. And you can decide, if you are one or not.
And those people being not gray yet are asked for some empathy.
And actually, by the way: There's no accounting for taste.