Profile for C. Brabham > Reviews

Content by C. Brabham

C. Brabham "Chiara1421" (Warrington)

Page: 1 | 2
Crypto MP2400Bt 8 GB MP4 Player with FM Radio, Video/Voice Recorder with Bluetooth and Micro SD Card Slot - Black/Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do what it says on the packaging..., 3 Jan. 2016
As a bog-standard MP3 for playing music - this is okay. I can load up music and listen to it. It doesn't recognise any video formats, won't use Bluetooth and I can only set the year and the hour - months, days and minutes inaccessible. No details in the instructions for date and time, and when I went to the website for 'further' instructions as advised - the instructions were identical to those already included in the pack. Still - what can you expect from a product under forty quid?

Original Ketchup Sugar-Free
Original Ketchup Sugar-Free
Offered by PureNature

1.0 out of 5 stars Definitely NOT sugar free, 24 Nov. 2015
Claims to be sugar free, but actually contains 21.7g of sugar per 100 g. Don't be fooled by the incorrectly listed title.

The Man in the Water
The Man in the Water
by Ali Sparkes

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book with equally lovely and evocative illustrations, 29 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Man in the Water (Paperback)
A beautiful book with equally lovely and evocative illustrations. Works on so many levels - for lovers of Jersey, for good clear writing for children and a gentle ghost story that chills but does not scare. Reminded me of my own Man in the Water - Anthony Gormley's 'Another Place'. Wonderful to be able to buy a book that will help save the lives of babies in Intensive Care, and even more special because it was written specifically for a particular little girl and her family. Buy it. Buy it for your children and other young relatives. Enjoy.

Artis Light Up Safety Flashing High Visibility LED Dog Collar Leash - Blue - Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely product, 10 April 2014
Lightweight and comfortable for my dark-coated dog. He prefers the steady light but doesn't seem to be perturbed by the flashing lights - just a bit confused! Would recommend wholeheartedly. Good price and speedy delivery. I love it and my dog loves it too. We have a blue collar and he pretends to be a police dog.

Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Slate
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Slate

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive but entertaining too, 7 Feb. 2014
Bought a fitbit flex for myself and my best mate in January for our birthdays. Our friendly rivalry fits in well with the fitbit dashboard as we can see how we are doing from day to day. There is a real sense of achievement when you get five solid lights on your bracelet. Love the sleep monitor - it confirms my theories about how restless I am at night and just how little sleep I am getting.. Shame there is no app for my Blackberry though. We've lost a stone and a half between us.

Sea Gate Remembered
Sea Gate Remembered

4.0 out of 5 stars Gated Communities, 13 April 2013
Very much aimed at the friends and families of those who lived in Sea Gate during its heyday, nevertheless this book provides a very useful insight in one of the earliest examples of a gated community. As with all Kindle-only books - difficult to reference using Harvard as there are no page numbers. Well worth the money though.

Coin Dozer
Coin Dozer

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Addictive, 15 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Coin Dozer (App)
A way of wasting time initially, then the skills develop and it becomes totally addictive. Comes highly recommended. Love the giant coins.

SPSS 17.0 Integrated Student Version for Business Statistics: Decision Making and Student CD Package
by Inc. SPSS
Edition: CD-ROM

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete waste of money, 23 Aug. 2012
The CD-Rom contained corrupt files and would not load - it was tried out on three different computers to make sure there wasn't a hardware issue. There wasn't. I contacted the seller who blamed my hardware and when I explained that it was the CD-Rom that was at fault, the seller told me that I could not return the CD-Rom because I had breached copyright by opening the packaging and attempting to load the software. They also wanted me to pay another £12.00 in shipping costs so that they could send me another CD-Rom - which might also be corrupted as far as I know. A very cynical method of customer exploitation.
I didn't buy this product so that I could put it on the mantelpiece and look at the unopened packaging. The seller has been patronising, officious and unhelpful. I would never use them again.

The Best Of The Sensational Alex Harvey
The Best Of The Sensational Alex Harvey

2.0 out of 5 stars Track listing doesn't match tracks, 19 Aug. 2012
Looked forward to this CD but the track listing bears no resemblance to what is actually on it and Windows media can't read anything on the second cd. Tried it on different PCs and laptops - same result every time.
Cheap but not cheerful.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2016 10:19 AM GMT

The White Lie
The White Lie

5.0 out of 5 stars Confession: I neglected my husband, children and the cat in order to finish reading this book, 1 April 2012
This review is from: The White Lie (Kindle Edition)
This was one of the first books I bought for my Kindle. I always read the beginning and the end of a new book. The acid test for me is whetherI still want to know what happens in the middle. Not a very literary process but it works for me and it certainly worked here.

I tried to ration my reading but got to the point where the family went unfed, work that I was supposed to have finished off over the weekend was ignored and even the wailing cat couldn't distract me. My Kindle may as well have been glued to my fingers.

The characters are true and believable. Whilst some are obnoxious; there are others that I will miss now I've finished the book. I was delighted to find that my own husband met with Vita's six criteria, I wanted Mog to find happiness more than anything else, and I hated Joan and Johnnie with a passion. Every family has its skeletons but this one has more than most and whilst the secrets are kept for the best of reasons, they have far-reaching and devastating effects.

'The White Lie' made me laugh and cry when I read it. I love this book and hope other people will too.

Page: 1 | 2