Profile for A. Hutt > Reviews

Content by A. Hutt

A. Hutt "Electric Woman" (Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Mass Effect (Original Game Soundtrack)
Mass Effect (Original Game Soundtrack)
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Space.... Nothing Like You'd Ever Expect!, 28 Jan 2014
"We finally get out here, and the final frontier was already settled. And the residents don't even seem impressed by the view. Or the dangers."
Enter the world of Mass Effect and you will be stunned by the environment created, over it all is the music, the icing on a decadent cake.
The score blends ideas of futuristic, deep space exploration and organic music to create something that is an overwhelming yet cautionary tale, like Shepard's first steps on the Citadel and man's first exploration into space.

Highly recommended.

LEGO Pirates of the Caribean Barbossa Minifigure Clock
LEGO Pirates of the Caribean Barbossa Minifigure Clock

5.0 out of 5 stars He's a lot like meself, but absent me merciful nature and sense of fair play., 28 Oct 2013
It's a lego clock, of Captain Hector Barbossa, go buy one...... go on!

Being serious, this is a great item. The clock is visible across a room, and the alarm is turned off by (gently, he is a pirate) hitting his head!
The figure is pose-able and his hands can hold things, however the main attraction is the detail of his costume and hat, looking just as it did in the lego video game (and a great proximity to the one worn by Geoffrey Rush in the movies)

As much fun as you can have with an alarm clock, apart from throwing one out of a window!

Plastoy Tubo Pirates Tube
Plastoy Tubo Pirates Tube
Price: 14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy Pirates Be These!, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Plastoy Tubo Pirates Tube (Toy)
I bought these pirates for my nephew who was in the mists of a pirate obsession (He's now moved onto Top Gear... I don't know which is worse!?)
The pirates were extremely flimsy, one of the swords was already broken when taken out of the tube! Within an hour of playing with them 4 were broken and the rest on they're way.
The only thing I can be pleased about is the fact I didn't pay 18 pound for them! Avoid!

Spherical Steampunk Brass Pocket Watch Pendant Necklace
Spherical Steampunk Brass Pocket Watch Pendant Necklace

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, this is great!, 28 Oct 2013
This was bought for a steampunk themed birthday party, but now I use it all the time. It's a really solid pendant (with a huge chain) that I can use to wear the watch or to hang it from my notice board so I can check the time. The watch itself is lovely, and even looks a little like the golden snitch from "Harry Potter"
And at less than 3 pounds when purchased (June 13) it was a bargin!

Dragon Age 2 (PC DVD)
Dragon Age 2 (PC DVD)
Offered by Gameseek
Price: 9.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok It's Not DA:Origins But....., 28 Oct 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dragon Age 2 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Dragon Age: Origins is a classic game, one that I have played more times than is probably healthy, however that does not mean its sequel is bad because it doesn't quite hit the same dizzying heights. I've argued for people to give Dragon Age II a chance since it was first released and I'll do so again here.... In the form of pro's and cons!

Lets start with the cons!
CONS

*Same environments used over and over.
*Lack of locations (most of the game takes place in the one city)
*Loss of Race Choices (Though to be fair, I normally picked Human in Dragon Age: Origins)
*Change of Combat System........... but

PROS

*Change of combat system... I know I put it down as a con, but I know loads of people who prefer the new system. Personally I'd like a mix of the two!
*Interesting Characters, with personalities to love/hate. (For me that's Fenris/ Anders)
*More information relating to Thedas (the world in which the series is set) and what is happening within it (The Qunari, the Tevinter Imperium and the mage rebellion)
*A personal one, but I love the soundtrack.

The Long and Short of It
If you want to continue your adventure in the world of Thedas, want a good game with fun characters, then give Dragon Age II a try. No it's not its predecessor, but not many games are!

(One final con, which those of you that have played will understand, why is Varric not a love interest?!)

The Sims 3 Store: 1000 Points Retail Card (PC/Mac)
The Sims 3 Store: 1000 Points Retail Card (PC/Mac)
Offered by GAMEFORCE
Price: 11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid!, 8 April 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Avoid!

Ok I know it's difficult if you don't have a credit card to purchase simpoints, but this is over double the price you'd pay on the sims website, and there you get a free item for making a purchase.

Top Tip: ask a friend/family member with a card to buy them on your behalf. They don't have to set up a complicated account and you don't have to store their details.

Mass Effect 3
Mass Effect 3

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Send Off For Commander Shepard, 7 July 2012
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (MP3 Download)
The end of Commander Shepard's war with the Reaper's needed music as epic in scale as the battle she faces, fortunately this soundtrack does not disappoint.
Sam Hulick & co have created an amazing score that help to create an air of tension that runs through Shepard's final conflicts, a sense of familiarly as old friends and foes are reintroduced and a sense of wonder as new worlds are unveiled.

Stand out tracks include: #6: A Future For The krogan, #10: I'm Sorry, & #18: I Was Lost Without You, though I cannot recommend each and every track enough.

*New* With the release of the Extended Cut there are new tracks and track #22 has been extended. As a gesture bioware have made the tracks available for free on there website: social.bioware.com/me3ecsoundtrack.php

Evil Empire: 101 Ways England Ruined the World: 101 Ways Britain Ruined the World
by Steve Grasse
Price: 9.91

1.0 out of 5 stars What the........, 29 July 2011
Having read half of this novel (I can't call it a history book, too many of the so called facts are fiction) I have decided to use it for its intended purpose, it now lines my cat's litter tray.

Error's aside the poor writing makes it a bad book but the general way that facts and fiction have been thrown together into an untidy mess make the book difficult to read.
But let's get back to the "facts" that make up the reason England Ruined the World according to this book, here are a couple of my favourites.
1# England came up with the Black Plague, a two second look on wikipedia refutes this, some historians/scientist believe it started in China others in Sicily.

2# England came up with Bad Hygiene, I beg your pardon but how does a country come up with bad hygiene? Surely you are now talking about personal preference?

I could go on all day, but I find the longer I think about this book the angrier I become.

Now back to my crumpets and tea!

Iron
Iron

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Original (The song from Assassin's Creed Revelations trailer), 7 Jun 2011
This review is from: Iron (MP3 Download)
Ok so I'm going to be honest I only hear of this group through the use of their song Iron on the Assassin's Creed Revelations trailer, and being the Assassin's Creed geek I am, I immediately wanted the song. I bought the full album as there are a couple of remixes of Iron but was amazed at the whole album.

Try it and enjoy!

Assassin's Creed: Renaissance
Assassin's Creed: Renaissance
by Oliver Bowden
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Like the Game? I Say No!, 17 Aug 2010
Assassin's Creed Renaissance takes you through the events of Ezio Auditore da Firenze life between 1476 and 1499. In this way it is the same as the video game.

But that's it!

The book fills in the blanks that a fast paced game like Assassin's Creed II skims over. In this delightful read you find out more of his family and what happens to them. More of Cristina Vespucci, his first love. We get to see a softer side to Ezio as he grows older and thinks of the life taken from him, we see him interact with his friend Leonardo Da Vinci and learn more of Italy through the places Ezio visits.
If you have played the game, you will know the plot, the characters and locations, but you will get to know them on a deeper, more complete level.
If you havn't played the game, this is a wonderful book that gives you a glimps into the life of an Assassin, and remember,

Nulla é reale, tutto é lecito
(Nothing is true, everything is permitted)

Page: 1 | 2