Profile for Coldtoes > Reviews

Content by Coldtoes

Coldtoes "coldtoes" (Scotland)

Pest-Stop Sure-Set Plastic Mouse Trap (2 Pk)
Pest-Stop Sure-Set Plastic Mouse Trap (2 Pk)

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit barbaric, 17 May 2015
I don't like to write negative reviews, however I feel I have to share my experiences with these mouse traps. I have had a few "clean kills" and certainly found the traps effective. However, a few weeks ago we found a mouse's tail in the trap but no mouse, after re setting, we did catch a tailless mouse, presumabley the owner of said tail. Ouch....... this week, I opened the cupboard to find a wee mouse with its leg cut back to the sinews and bone struggling and in distress. Ok, I did what i think was the humane thing and hit it on the head with a hammer .....yuck still remembering the feeling, but it needed to be done. I have now dumped both traps as I hate the idea of these wee creatures suffering like that.

Having read other reviews, I note that the bait should not be too big, maybe that was my mistake, but this is not what Id call a humane killing

Not a tree hungger in any way but didn't like this.

Tiny Sunbirds Far Away
Tiny Sunbirds Far Away

4.0 out of 5 stars an enlightening and warm read, 25 July 2013
This book elicits a mixture of emotions it flits from humour to sadness and provides an insight into how cultures where there is not much money ensures that the skills of the forefathers and more importantly foremothers are passed done the generations.

Well worth the read

Watch Over Me (Glen Avich Book 1)
Watch Over Me (Glen Avich Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars An easy read of hope and succour, 30 May 2013
Watch over me is a warm blanket of a book.. It risks being twee but manages to avoid it by its dealing with some of the hard issues like being homosexual in a family where it is anathema to them. If you are looking for a feel good book, then this is the one.

Lifemax 250.1 Floor Standing High Vision Reading Light
Lifemax 250.1 Floor Standing High Vision Reading Light

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it should be - avoid at all costs and if you have bought one check for safety., 1 Feb. 2013
This is a great light for reading, bought it for my elderly my and she loved it. That was 5 months ago. However it stopped working. I ordered bulbs, at a staggering price of £11 each. Bulbs arrived and when I went to replace, I noticed brown scorch marks all around the plastic of the fitting which gives me cause for great concern re the safety aspects of the product. I did fit the bulb, but still lamp not working.

So in short an expensive bulb only lasted five months, the product is not working and there are safety questions. I had the hassle of returning the lamp and bulbs to amazon and am awaiting a refund for both.

Would not recommend buying this product

ME I WANT TO BE
ME I WANT TO BE
by Zondervan

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 19 Jan. 2011
This review is from: ME I WANT TO BE (Paperback)
This is more of an experience than a mere read. Needs to be digested and considered and is very thought provoking not to mention comforting and inspiring.

If you are looking for a book which gives some perspective and meaning to life - then in my opinion this fits the bill.

The White Woman on the Green Bicycle
The White Woman on the Green Bicycle
by Monique Roffey

3.0 out of 5 stars Better on reflection, 28 Aug. 2010
I had great expectations of this book and found it a bit disappointing. It built nicely throughout but then was a bit anticlimactic at the end. However on reflection it had some good themes and certainly gave a good flavour of the history of the area. So if you are looking for a good solid read it will do the job.

Sarah Chang: Selections
Sarah Chang: Selections

4.0 out of 5 stars A great giveaway, 3 May 2010
This is an interesting mix of pieces which is great for driving and chilling. Dont understand the giving it away vree - however I am now looking for more from Sarah Cheng.

Little Miss Sunshine [DVD] [2006]
Little Miss Sunshine [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Abigail Breslin
Offered by DVDBayFBA

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit of conundrum!, 20 Nov. 2007
The zany characters and presentation of stages of human develoment and relationships was entertaining and light however the entertainment ended for me when the film it got into the realms of the "pageant" which I found verging on the obscene - this part ruined the film for me and left me feeling confused and disturbed!

Is the American pageant scene really like this - if so they are niave in the extreme and are placing their young girls in very vulnerable situations.