Profile for Andy C > Reviews

A Modern Way to Eat
A Modern Way to Eat
by Anna Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars A Modern Way to Eat - it's the ONLY way to eat!, 1 Jan. 2015
This review is from: A Modern Way to Eat (Hardcover)
Such a great book. We've cooked loads of recipes from it, but have loads more to try out. We really like the avocado/lemon pasta dish (our new comfort food!), lemon split peas with kale and the sweet potato/lentil dahl with coconut relish. This is so well put together, with great instructions and pictures, plus a lot of useful background about various ingredients. Thanks so much!

Honestly Healthy for Life: Healthy Alternatives for Everyday Eating
Honestly Healthy for Life: Healthy Alternatives for Everyday Eating
by Natasha Corrett

2.0 out of 5 stars Stop, don't buy - get the first Honestly Healthy book instead, 15 July 2014
Let me first qualify this review by saying that my girlfriend and I bought the first Honestly Healthy book not long after it came out. The cover is now looking a little worse for wear as it has been used it so much. We have cooked about 80% of the recipes from it and it is a great introduction to alkaline cooking. By contrast this book - Honestly Healthy for Life - is poorly compiled and photographed and despite receiving it several weeks ago we have yet to cook one recipe from it. The sections are confusing and the whole production looks rushed. A third book is being prepared but I will make sure I thumb through this carefully in a book store before ordering. If you are thinking of ordering this book, please stop and look at the first book in the series called Honestly Healthy. This will offer you a much better introduction to the author's style of cooking and you can then decide for yourself if you want to buy this second book.