Profile for Matilda > Reviews

London: A Life in Maps
London: A Life in Maps
by Peter Whitfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and very readable, 29 April 2015
This review is from: London: A Life in Maps (Paperback)
I bought this for a gift, but had a quick look when it arrived and wouldn't mind a copy myself ! Fascinating for anyone who knows London and would like to look into the history beneath it's surface.

1960s Britain (Shire Living Histories)
1960s Britain (Shire Living Histories)
by Susan Cohen

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent taste of the times., 4 Jan. 2015
Bought for a gift, but tempted to buy one for myself too, as the information was fascinating, and comprehensive. The documentary photos really took me back to those times.

Haflinger Womens Flair Pica Slippers Gray Grau (asphalt 58) Size: 8
Haflinger Womens Flair Pica Slippers Gray Grau (asphalt 58) Size: 8

5.0 out of 5 stars The best !, 13 Jan. 2014
They look great.... no more slopping around in fluffy things, very comfortable and being natural wool felt are really warm. I needed a smaller size than I thought.

John Piper, Myfanwy Piper: Lives in Art
John Piper, Myfanwy Piper: Lives in Art
by Frances Spalding

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Dec. 2013
She is a superb writer. I went to a talk given by her recently which confirmed the depth of her understanding of creative people.

An Eye on the Hebrides: an illustrated journey
An Eye on the Hebrides: an illustrated journey
by Mairi Hedderwick

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 29 Oct. 2013
The writing and beautiful illustrations really evoke the Hebrides. Having been up there twice, it's a reminder to go again.

One pack / ream / 10kg 600 sheets white wrapping packing packaging paper 50 X 75cm, FREE express delivery
Offered by Phoenix Supplies Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job, 29 Oct. 2013
So much nicer to use than newspaper, and it went a very long way. I hate wrapping china etc when I move, but the size of the sheets made it bearable.

Leather Watch Strap Beige, Turquise, L.Green, D.Green, Purple, Pink, Orange, Yellow (Light Green, 14mm)
Offered by KeepOnTime

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellente !, 29 Oct. 2013
A quality product, love the colour, it came with new bars for attaching it as well. It arrived the day after I ordered it which was a real bonus too.

Roberts Radio R9994 3-Band Sports Radio with Loudspeaker
Roberts Radio R9994 3-Band Sports Radio with Loudspeaker

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with this, 17 July 2013
Just what I was looking for, super light and small, means I never have to wake up anywhere without hearing John Humphries soothing tones again !
Have only used it on one trip, I did find I needed to adjust the reception as I went from room to room, but maybe that was a problem with where I was staying not the radio, I dont know, but for this I would give it 5 stars.

Stonemouth
Stonemouth
by Iain Banks

5.0 out of 5 stars First time I've read his work, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Stonemouth (Paperback)
And I'm looking forward to the next one. So well written and deftly spun story line. Sharply drawn characters.much enjoyed

House By The Shore
House By The Shore
by Alison Johnson

2.0 out of 5 stars Of its time I guess, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: House By The Shore (Paperback)
Didn't finish it, in spite of staying near there in the summer. Kind of interesting, but the tone of the writing was irritating.

Page: 1 | 2