Profile for AnnaL > Reviews

Le Toy Van Brown Horse with Saddle
Le Toy Van Brown Horse with Saddle
Price: 6.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, 4 Sep 2012
I was looking for horses to go with our sons wooden castle and also my daughters toy stables. We have Budkin figures and they sit nicely on these horses (we bought the grey one too). They're very chunky and solid. My only complaint would be that the legs dont move as they're in a fixed walking position. As they were from the Budkins range I just assumed they would be moveable. Please be aware that the figure shown in the picture is NOT included. Overall, these are well made, have lovely detail and saddle and harness and should last a long time.

Le Toy Van Dressage Ring
Le Toy Van Dressage Ring
Price: 12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is...., 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: Le Toy Van Dressage Ring (Toy)
I bought this to go along with my daughter's Le Toy Van stables (which I love).
To be honest my daughter hasnt played with it and isnt quite sure what the point is! I have explained, but as there are no accessories it really is just a fence on a board. I think if it came with accessories it would definately be more fun! We have the Budkins horses which I thought would go in it ok, but they are too large and chunky really and dont fit well on the harness.
I regret buying this to be honest, but it wasnt overly expensive compared to other Le Toy Van products.

Budkins - Ghost Pirate
Budkins - Ghost Pirate
Offered by toys-n-hobby
Price: 7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: Budkins - Ghost Pirate (Toy)
I love this Budkin. He's a bit creepy but I suppose that's the idea! We bought him and the Budkins 3-pack of pirates to go in my sons Le Toy Van Ghost ship. He fits in nicely. Very well made as are all the Budkins.

Budkins BK907 Crusader Set
Budkins BK907 Crusader Set
Price: 18.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Great figures, 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: Budkins BK907 Crusader Set (Toy)
I love these. We bought them to go in my sons wooden castle. Great detailed outfits and accessories, well made and seem very durable. Cant fault them.

Budkins BK910 Royal Court Set
Budkins BK910 Royal Court Set
Price: 18.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant figures, 4 Sep 2012
I bought these to go in my son's wooden castle. They're fantastic and my son (and daughters) love playing with them. Great quality, their outfits are very detailed and well made. My only negative is that the Jester's staff/pole thingy broke easily-the top part came off the stick. Have tried to superglue it back but it keeps breaking off again.

Budkins - Archibald the Archer
Budkins - Archibald the Archer
Offered by Grasshopper Toys
Price: 7.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Breaks easy, 29 Aug 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was a bit disappointed with this Budkin :( Within minutes of letting him loose with my children the arrow bag had been broken. Tried sticking it back together but it just keeps breaking so we've had to do away with it. He now just has his bow as we there's nowhere for his arrow. Im sure it bugs me more than it does my kids who still happily play with him! I bought the 3-pack of Budkin knights and they are more durable.

Le Toy Van Ghost Ship
Le Toy Van Ghost Ship
Price: 39.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Le Toy Van Ghost ship, 29 Aug 2012
This review is from: Le Toy Van Ghost Ship (Toy)
Ive just bought this for my son (2yrs). He loves it! His 2 sisters (3 and 4yrs) love it too. Took me about 20 minutes to assemble which surprised me as I thought by the look of all the parts it would take me alot more! I researched this ship as much as possible but there wasnt much of a product description, so I took a chance on it. I will explain in detail how it is so you know: There is a crows nest. A steering wheel that moves. A walk the plank that is attached by a tight elastic letting you move it on to the ship's deck or off the side. A crows nest with wooden flag on top (this flag is flimsy and I dont think it will be long before it gets snapped off). A wooden grill on the deck that you can remove to put prisoners into the hull below. The back of the boat has a door that you can open to remove prisoners from or just put your pirates inside. 3 material sails attached to the mast by thin elastic ties. You have to untie them and tighten them when fixing them to the wooden masts which was VERY tricky to do. I think that's it! There are no wheels underneath the boat, but it has a smooth bottom so it slides along ok. We bought the 3-pack Budkins pirates and the Ghost pirate Budkin to go with it as it does NOT come with figures. All in all, very happy with it :)

Budkins Budkins Pirate Triple Set
Budkins Budkins Pirate Triple Set
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Budkins pirates, 29 Aug 2012
Bought these figures to go with the Le Toy Van Ghost ship I bought for my kids. All in all very happy with them, really detailed and well made. Unfortunately the bucket doesnt stay in the deck-hand's hand at all so my daughter got a bit annoyed with that and also he has a leather belt that doesnt stay on either. Im getting the superglue out tonight to fix the problem :)

Pintoy Wooden Medieval Castle
Pintoy Wooden Medieval Castle

5.0 out of 5 stars Pintoys medieval castle, 23 Aug 2012
Amazing toy!!! Arrived today after only ordering it 2 days ago so very happy with Amazon! I actually assembled it in 5 minutes! So easy and no glue/screws required. All the pieces just slot in together. My 3 children of 1/3/4yrs have played with it ever since I set it up, so it's great in my book! I also ordered some figures from Le Toy Van's range of Budkins. They do cute knights and medieval figures. The only complaint I could make with this is that all the little staircases just sit loosely, therefore they fall down and come off when the kids play with them. I have blue-tacked them all in place now so they stay put. If you order this castle make sure you order blue-tac aswell!!!