Profile for joan smith > Reviews

Inkle Weaving
Inkle Weaving
by Helene Bress

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for beginners, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Inkle Weaving (Paperback)
Good book. I have used this a lot and am working my through it. Found the instructions for beginners excellent even to making my own inkle loom

Draper RedLine 1200W Router Kit
Draper RedLine 1200W Router Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting tool bought for a beginner, 6 Oct 2013
Bought this for my son who was disappointed that he couldn't use it straight away as some further items were required before putting it to use. He has enjoyed experimenting with it.

Knitting on the Edge
Knitting on the Edge
by Nicky Epstein

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful for knitters who are passed basic knit and purl., 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Knitting on the Edge (Paperback)
Good illustrations and instructions but not something I have used a lot. Lots of ideas in the book which I enjoy looking through every now and again.

Tablet Weaving
Tablet Weaving
by Ann Sutton

3.0 out of 5 stars INteresting book, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tablet Weaving (Paperback)
Good basic instructions with lots of ideas. I have used this book quite a bit. some of needs a bit of thought before carrying out further samples. Good for exercicing the mind but what do do with all the samples?

Knitting Beyond the Edge
Knitting Beyond the Edge
by Nicky Epstein

3.0 out of 5 stars A useful book for those who do lots of knitting, 6 Oct 2013
This was interesting but not as helpful as I thought it was going to be. Perhaps if I did more knitting I would have used more of the ideas. Lots of illustrations which is always helpful with something practical.

Tapestry Weaving
Tapestry Weaving
by Kirsten Glasbrook

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful book, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tapestry Weaving (Paperback)
Good beginners book, plain instructions encouraged me to have a go immediately and found it was as it seemed good for starters of tapestry weaving

The Craft of Natural Dyeing
The Craft of Natural Dyeing
by Jenny Dean

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 6 Oct 2013
Book was first class, good information. Condition very good, delivery was earlier than anticipated. The fact I could look inside the book first encouraged me to buy it