Profile for Duncan > Reviews

Content by Duncan

Duncan (Broadstairs, United Kingdom)

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Price: 6.73

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but you need to have read the book, 30 April 2012
I've got the books and the Swedish DVD versions and this is version's interpretation is poor. OK it's in English but so are the dubbed Swedish DVDs. The action jumps and you wonder "why did that happen"? The truth of what happened to Harriett bears no resemblance to the book and why is it so gloomy all the time? Directors these days seem to think that if you are filming a drama like this then you use a 40 watt bulb for lighting. I've been to Sweden and the sun shines! Hope the next two episodes are better.

Powakaddy Freeway II Electric Golf Trolley with Black Frame
Powakaddy Freeway II Electric Golf Trolley with Black Frame

4.0 out of 5 stars Powakaddy Freeway II, 10 May 2010
I've had one of these for three months now and thought I would give it a good try out before I commented. It replaced a cheaper Powakaddy clone which was just awful which is why I give this 4 stars - my previous trolley was minus 5 stars!
Positives: it is well made, sturdy, nothing has come loose, it folds up easily and clicks into place so it can be easily lifted. The bag fits well (it should, I bought a Powakaddy bag as well) and doesn't slip sideways. I like the feature which allows you to send the trolley 10, 20 or 30 yards.
Negatives: Like the other reviewers the range of speed control is almost redundant. I have used it on settings 4, 5 and 6. With 4 you get frustrated that it should go faster, with 5 it is just a little on the slow side, with 6 it is beginning to run away from you. With a digital control like this, there should be some better way to get a decent range of speeds.
Overall, it is possibly a little on the expensive side for a trolley but the build quality probably just about justifies it. It works, I have had no problem with it. Would I buy another one? Probably.

Logitech Harmony 555 Universal Remote Control
Logitech Harmony 555 Universal Remote Control

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says - after a while!, 25 Feb 2010
I wanted one of these so that setting the TV to work with the PVR, watch a DVD or letting the grandchildren play on the Wii could be accomplished with single button presses. After setting up, it does all this brilliantly, it will even let me control the hifi too. However, getting there is a trial, probably because I have an energy saving Intellipanel which Harmony do not seem to know exists. My attempts to set it up worked but somewhat unreliably mainly due to the poor set-up interface. However, contact with Harmony support resolved the problem and they set up everything remotely and once I downloaded their set-up the device works A-OK! I agree with other reviewers that it is a 5-star device once set up.

Sony 8GB Micro Vault Click (USB)
Sony 8GB Micro Vault Click (USB)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony 8GB Microvault, 10 Feb 2010
It works. What do you expect from Sony? It's expensive. What do you expect from Sony?

Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat+ 320GB HD Digital TV Twin Tuner HD Recorder - Installation Recommended (Old model)

4.0 out of 5 stars Humax FoxSat HDR, 21 Dec 2009
Great value product when compared to a Sky+ box. Although in theory the recording should be just as simple as a Sky+ box in that you can record directly from the EPG, I have had problems recording and some recordings seem to have been missed altogether. If it wasn't for this I would give it 5 stars. Very easy to set up and simply plugged the two LNB leads from my Sky dish straight into the Foxsat, ran the tuning setup and everything worked including HD. One other small niggle - the buttons on the hand control are small and you can easily hit the wrong one.