Profile for Bob M > Reviews

Content by Bob M

Bob M (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Impressions Waffle Brown Fully Lined Readymade Curtain Pair 46x54in(116x137cm)
Impressions Waffle Brown Fully Lined Readymade Curtain Pair 46x54in(116x137cm)
Offered by 4 Your Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not blackouts., 1 Dec. 2015
Very light, adequate for office application, not lightproof enough for a fussy sleeper's bedroom.

Dymo S0720500 D1 Labels for LabelManager Printers, Self-Adhesive, 12 mm x 7 m Roll - Black Print on Clear
Offered by Pen-Sale

5.0 out of 5 stars OK, 1 Dec. 2015
I thought it was expensive for one cartridge, but was well impressed when I found it was a box of five.

10 Metres 3mm Green / Yellow Earth Sleeving On Roll
10 Metres 3mm Green / Yellow Earth Sleeving On Roll
Offered by Select Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Pale but functional, 1 Dec. 2015
Colours not very bright, but it is obviously not red/brown/blue or black.

New 16PC Watch Repair Tools Kit
New 16PC Watch Repair Tools Kit
Offered by SPECIAL DEAL

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but interesting, 1 Dec. 2015
Cheap and cheerful, does the job. Packet staple got me, leaving a nice coating of blood to prevent rust. Not sure what several items are for (no instructions) but that's part of the fun. Don't expect to buy this and set up in business.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not bought one, but the description suggests that the ..., 16 May 2015
Not bought one, but the description suggests that the lights flash when braking. Amazon SHOULD point out that this is not suitable for road use in the UK. Duty of responsibility etc etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not up to ISO standard, but great little tool., 16 Mar. 2015
Very cheap, controls well about the setpoint, but the temperature readout (PV) is not particularly accurate, so a calibration would not go amiss. I have one that reads 2 degrees low, one that reads 1.5 degrees high, using the same thermocouple (K). These readings can be offset to correct, but I have no idea about the linearity situation. As I am using them at single temperatures, it is not an issue. Using one to control a room heater (on/off) and one to control fermenting wine (PID) they are excellent for domestic usage. It helps if your background has seen the industrial versions of these controllers in use, as there are a bewildering number of settings that need to be right to get good control, and the manual is somewhat lacking, to say the least.

Epson Expression Home XP-412 Small-in-One Printer with Wi-Fi Direct and 6.4cm LCD Screen
Offered by OnlineshopbaseLtd

4.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to Epson's good name in printers, 16 Mar. 2015
Lives up to Epson's good name in printers, and to their commercial drive. Epson ink is notoriously expensive and for normal work the very much cheaper alternatives are fine. For serious photos I would always go for the original ink (better colour depth and permanence under daylight exposure). The cheaper versions, while they fit in and work OK, trigger a series of messages from the printer "are you sure......" etc., and when a cartridge runs out it does all but order a new one for you (from Epson, of course). I want a printer, not a nag! My previous (Epson Photo 1270 A3) died when the plastic 'nozzle' under the black cartridge disintegrated into bits, with no external help, presumably stress cracking from the ink solvent. It was 10 years old, so I let that go. Overall I initially bought it as a cheap emergency replacement, but I think that for A4 use it will become my permanent workhorse. Time will tell.

As an update, I find that more often than not I need to reinstall, switch on and off a few times, reboot, etc etc before I get it to print anything. I now use a LAN cable, but I haven't found a way to disable the (troublesome) wireless connection, resulting in system conflicts. My system is Win 7/64. I am now looking for a more reliable alternative. But when it does print it is fine....... I wonder what it will do with Win 10?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great possibilities!, 16 Mar. 2015
Great novelty item. Range as supplied is under 5 metres (in a field), but this can be extended to around 50m by stretching out the aerial inside. I use it for a light in the tent, so I can fire it up remotely and find the right tent when on the way back from t'pub. Instructions are the usual nightmare, suppliers (through Amazon, but not from Amazon) have a real problem with English. The outputs can be programmed as momentary, latching, or flip-flop if you have the patience to find out how. I will buy more when I can invent another novelty use! It will happily work with a solid state relay (3-4 GBP) if you need to switch 240V mains devices from it (caveat - you will need to understand what you are doing!)

Gigabyte GM-M6800 Dual Lens Gaming Mouse
Gigabyte GM-M6800 Dual Lens Gaming Mouse
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for moderate use (not for the excitable gamer!), 16 Mar. 2015
Good unit, but as many others have found, side 'grips' fall off. I have just stuck some glue on the side and let it dry (no rubber bits) and it works and grips just fine. A very limited reprogramming of the buttons is available, but if you want to use them at all DON'T lose your driver disk! Gigabyte no longer provide drivers for this item. For that reason I will not buy again, as it is quite a recent model. I like Gigabyte gear, but their technical support is a long way behind matching their products.

Suttons Seeds 112386 Dahlia Yankee Doodle Dandy Seed
Suttons Seeds 112386 Dahlia Yankee Doodle Dandy Seed

3.0 out of 5 stars Some are like the packet, 12 Sept. 2014
Packet colours are deceptive. I don't expect an exact match, but I didn't expect plain yellow, either! Some are like the packet, but it's nice to have some variety. Thanks!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5