Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Giro Monaco Mitts - Charcoal/Black, Medium
Giro Monaco Mitts - Charcoal/Black, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 3 Mar 2014
My first cycling gloves so nothing to compare with, but I can't fault these. At first they were a little tight and the stitching on the fingers was irritating, but they are fine after one ride.
I'm a size 8 glove - 8" round the knuckes and 8" from finger tip to wrist crease. Medium size is perfect for me.

TWLC 12V 1A 12W Constant Voltage AC/DC LED Transformer/Driver
TWLC 12V 1A 12W Constant Voltage AC/DC LED Transformer/Driver
Offered by The Warm Light Company Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to, 28 Jan 2014
Matches the description and works fine. I'm only running about 6W off it, but I tested it at 12w and it was fine. I'll be buying more.

Gillette Mach 3 Manual Razor Blades 8 pack
Gillette Mach 3 Manual Razor Blades 8 pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine, 28 Jan 2014
I was a bit worried by the low price and some of the reviews, but these are definitely genuine. I've looked carefully and used them for weeks, and they are indistinguishable from the ones I bought from Boots. The only difference is the price. I'll be buying more.

Original Sprout Miracle Detangler 100% Vegan (354ml, for Babies & Up)
Original Sprout Miracle Detangler 100% Vegan (354ml, for Babies & Up)
Offered by Mayfair & Grace

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing I've found for curls, 28 Jan 2014
This is the only stuff I've found that keeps my daughter's hair under control. Turns wild frizz into lovely ringlets.

Munchen 250mm Full Extension Ball Bearing Runners
Munchen 250mm Full Extension Ball Bearing Runners

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described, 28 Jan 2014
They come with a good layer of grease on the bearings, which I didn't want as they are in a location where they can be touched. Washed all the grease off and they still work absolutely fine.

evaQ8 Survival Bag Lightweight Thermal Double Layer Silver Emergency Bivvi
evaQ8 Survival Bag Lightweight Thermal Double Layer Silver Emergency Bivvi
Offered by EVAQ8

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks OK, 28 Jan 2014
Can't give 5 stars as I haven't used it, but it appears to be heavier duty than your basic foil blanket.
It's actually a bit smaller and lighter than the description, which is nice. weighs in at 180g and will squeeze down to under 30mm thick.

Gorilla Glue 115ml
Gorilla Glue 115ml

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for wood, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Gorilla Glue 115ml (DIY & Tools)
Works well for fixing wood, I'll keep it for jobs with small gaps that stop normal woodwork glue being effective. Useless on glass and metal though.
I tried glueing a tight-fitting aluminium plug into a stainless steel tube. Despite careful preparation and leaving it 24 hours, it pulled out easily. Tried again with a quick set epoxy and it's never coming out.
I tried glueing ABS plastic onto glass and it seemed to be OK initially, but fell off a few weeks later.

Aurora 6W GU10 LED Light Bulbs Warm White - Perfect Size Retrofit
Aurora 6W GU10 LED Light Bulbs Warm White - Perfect Size Retrofit
Offered by Lights4u

5.0 out of 5 stars The best LED GU10 I've tried yet, 29 Oct 2012
I've tried about ten different LED GU10 lamps, and this is the best one so far. It's the first LED that I've put next to a halogen and actually preferred the LED. The light is slightly whiter than a halogen, but nowhere near as blue as most other LED lamps, even the warm white ones. The beam is well focussed with an even light spread and even colour across the beam.
This is not quite the brightest LED GU10 I've tried, but the supposed "9W Cree" lamps that were brighter, they all failed within six months. This seems to be common with cheap LEDs, so I'm not going to bother with them any more. Aurora are a reputable manufacturer and these come with a two year warranty.

The Big Questions: Tackling the Problems of Philosophy with Ideas from Mathematics, Economics and Physics
by Steven E. Landsburg

2.0 out of 5 stars Freakonomics as written by Jeremy Clarkson, 5 July 2012
I love this sort of book, and grabbed it when I saw it without looking inside. I wish I'd checked first, the lack of any references would have been a giveaway. I'm not a heavyweight reader, but this book is so lightweight that it's worthless. I can't believe Levitt allowed his name to be associated with this book - Freakonomics towers over this, as does any other book I've read on any of the subjects that Landsburg tackles.
I have to be honest and say that I didn't actually finish it. I got to the point where he "proves" that ESP exists by declaring his own literal definition of ESP and using that. At that point I threw the book down in disgust. I mostly agreed with his conclusions, but all his arguments are a couple of lines of logic, leaving gaping holes that don't seem to have occured to him.
If you've never read anything (or even thought much) about these subjects then you might get something out of this book, but if you are after something even remotely challenging then look elsewhere.