Profile for J. M. Hockey > Reviews

Content by J. M. Hockey

J. M. Hockey "(OFW)" (Nature Coast, FL, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Foxnovo Alike AK1389 Waterproof Mens Dual Time Sports Digital Quartz Wrist Watch with Date /Alarm /Stopwatch (Black)
Offered by NO MORE EXCESS

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing and misleading, 5 Aug. 2015
I was somewhat disappointed with this item. There are two little screens on the dial that appear to do nothing. I thought one at least would relate to the prominent compass marking on the dial surround but they are not even mentioned in the instruction leaflet. I can only conclude that they are fake functions indicating that the watch has more features than it actually has.
The back lighting functions very poorly in that the numbers are obstructed by the watch hands. Most of the number seven is obscured in this way. I do not find that the backlighting provides clarity in the same way as the broken Armitron that this replaces. Would not buy again and will replace with an Armitron when I return to the USA.

Design Toscano by Blagdon - Persephone, Maiden of the Roses Garden Statue
Design Toscano by Blagdon - Persephone, Maiden of the Roses Garden Statue

5.0 out of 5 stars This beautiful little statue exceeded my expectations, 5 Aug. 2015
This beautiful little statue exceeded my expectations. Many reproductions are crude and quite ugly. This one is well defined, refined and beautifully peaceful. It now sits on a plinth in my garden enhanced and surrounded by roses. It is a conversation piece as the telling of the story of Persephone/Proserpine enchants those guest who have never heard it before. Unlike that mentioned in some reviews which found it to be too white mine is very well coloured to simulate aged marble.

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I watch what I want to watch., 18 May 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
Cheaper than Apple TV and just as user friendly. Amazon Fire Stick gets channels that I have been unable to get on my Apple TV. Now between Netflix and Amazon Prime Instant Video I rarely watch broadcast TV. The Apple TV rests in reserve. Amazing value for money.

Shadow Love
Shadow Love
by Inge H. Borg

5.0 out of 5 stars Poignant brain teaser, 22 April 2015
This review is from: Shadow Love (Paperback)
Let me say that romantic fiction is not my bag; that I read this novella out of curiosity and respect engendered by the quality of previous work of Inge Borg. It has stayed in my mind ever since.
Churchill once said about Russia that it was a ‘riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. This story illustrates the meaning of that phrase. It leaves the reader with unanswered questions that linger in the mind long after the reading is over. What has happened here? Was it a foreshadowing, a haunting, or hormone and alcohol induced madness?
This novella is a poignant tale of a woman with baggage left by treachery, isolated, lonely, yearning for fulfillment. What that leads to is for the reader to decide, for me the jury is still out.

This is a remarkable tale with an impact way beyond that to be expected from its brevity.

5.11 TDU Tactical Belt 1.5" Police Security Patrol Nylon with Plastic Buckle Black
Offered by Patrol Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Reduces the nuisance of airport security., 5 Nov. 2014
This review is from: 5.11 TDU 1.5" Belt Black (Apparel)
Does the job. I have always resented the inconvenience of removing my belt, binning it and then refitting it on the other side of security. I understand that it's to maybe save my life but it is a nuisance. So straight through this time with no problems. Sorry Al Quaeda just another little failing, one finger to you.

2x TOPIARY SWIRL Artificial Boarder Pot Cypress Effect Tree / Bush
2x TOPIARY SWIRL Artificial Boarder Pot Cypress Effect Tree / Bush

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic, economical solution to a long term problem., 5 Sept. 2014
Wonderfully realistic. Arrived on time,well packed. Now an everlasting ornament to our garden replacing the expensive plants which failed to thrive in our soil and needed to be replaced annually.

Beethoven: Symphony No. 9, 'Choral'
Beethoven: Symphony No. 9, 'Choral'

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance and product, 21 April 2014
I originally bought another performance which had poor reproduction. In consequence I then bought this version. This is what I was hoping for with the first purchase. Reproduction is crystal clear and the performance is excellent.

Beethoven 9th Symphony
Beethoven 9th Symphony

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor technical production of PM3 download, 21 April 2014
The performance is fine so it is a pity that the reproduction is scratchy and doesn't do justice to the music

Game of Thrones - Season 3 [DVD] [2014]
Game of Thrones - Season 3 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Peter Dinklage

5.0 out of 5 stars Continues to be the best viewing this year, 17 Mar. 2014
See my review of seasons 1 & 2. My opinion remains the same. The complexity and impact of the series is hugely entertaining

Vikings: Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Vikings: Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Travis Fimmel

4.0 out of 5 stars Well researched but suffers by comparison with G.of T., 17 Mar. 2014
This series suffers from bad timing. It is well researched, written and acted but suffers as spectacle in comparison with Game of Thrones which unfortunately was released at about the same time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4