Profile for teamgorgeous > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Understudy
Understudy

5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolute Must Read :-), 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Understudy (Kindle Edition)
Firstly I received a copy of Understudy by Denise Kim Wy in exchange for an honest review so id like to take this opportunity to say thankyou 

I had previously read and really enjoyed “Please Stay” also written by Denise, so I was excited when Denise contacted me to read and review Understudy. The book has such a detailed cover and the blurb told me that it was a really enjoyable story .and it turned out to be just as good as expected.
Kat is the protagonist in Understudy and she is in a steady and supremely sweet relationship with Adam who dies in an accident on his 18th birthday while Kat survives it and she blames Adam's twin brother Eric for her boyfriend's death as Adam was trying to answer Eric's call while driving on that fateful day. Besides blaming Eric, Kat is also suffering from survivors' guilt, out of nowhere she can still see and meet Adam, she has a love-hate relationship with Eric and all of that makes her an emotional mess.

Denise Kim Wy has a way of making the ordinary seem extraordinary in a beautiful way and her simple and smooth writing makes Understudy an easy and quick read that I thoroughly enjoyed and that left me smiling long after I finished reading it.
I’d definitely recommend “Understudy” to anybody looking for a book that is enjoyable to the end and would give it a rating of 5/5.

Somewhere at Last: 2 (Willow's Journey)
Somewhere at Last: 2 (Willow's Journey)
by Mrs. Julie Ann Knudsen

5.0 out of 5 stars * A must read * Absolutely fantastic **, 22 Oct. 2013
Somewhere at Last is the second book from Julie Ann Knudsen and follows the story of Willow Flynn as she continues with the struggles of her mum remarrying, new job new house and her blossoming relationship with her boyfriend Michael.

I really enjoyed reading the two books and felt that I could relate to willow. I especially loved the relationship between willow and Michael, they are just like any other couple just with the added struggles with michaels illness (Cystic Fybrosis)

Michael seems to be a very positive boy and very romantic and affectionate towards willow.

A lot of characters from "In the middle of nowhere" return in this book but willow and Michael are the main focus.

I would have to rate this a definite 5/5 as I really enjoyed it and have to say that anybody who loves reading should definitely give this a go.

Somewhere at Last (Willow's Journey  Book 2)
Somewhere at Last (Willow's Journey Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars * A must read * Absolutely fantastic **, 22 Oct. 2013

Luathara - Book Three of the Otherworld Trilogy
Luathara - Book Three of the Otherworld Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Would make an amazing movie, 25 Jun. 2013
Wow, this was probably the best one in the series,
I enjoyed them all but it was nice to finally find out what happened, It would be great if there was another one after it and possibly a movie too :-)
Would definitely recommend and rate this 5/5

The Kiss Instructor
The Kiss Instructor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story, 11 Dec. 2012
Ok, I really enjoyed this, it was a simple easy to get into story and I enjoyed it from the very first page.
Alana was different from all her friends but I think that's what Adin and Chris like the most about her. Adin and Chris are Alanas two closest friends and she relys on them and dancing a lot when
her life gets a tad hard to deal with. I was pleased when Alanas mum left her dad but was shocked when he died.
I really enjoyed The kiss instructor and give it 5 stars. would certainly recommend.

Emerald Star (Hetty Feather)
Emerald Star (Hetty Feather)
by Jacqueline Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic, I LOVED It :-), 1 Oct. 2012
OMG I Loved this, Shame there isn't another in the series coz they just got better and better.
Emerald Star was well worth the wait.

Ehriad - A Novella of the Otherworld (The Otherworld Trilogy Book 4)
Ehriad - A Novella of the Otherworld (The Otherworld Trilogy Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars **** Enjoyable Read ****, 28 Sept. 2012
***** I really enjoyed Ehriad, its a fantastic read and leaves you wanting more,

With some Lively & interesting characters and a few that you would never wanna come across :-)

Im kinda looking forward to finding out what happens between cade and meghan after cade recovers.
would certainly recommend to anyone who loves a good book.

Was finished too quick because I enjoyed it so much lol.

5 Stars *****

Dolmarehn - Book Two of the Otherworld Trilogy
Dolmarehn - Book Two of the Otherworld Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, Very Enjoyable Book., 17 Sept. 2012
I really enjoyed Dolmarehn it was definitely better the the first in the series.

It keeps you on the edge of ur seat and there is always something exciting just waiting to happen.

I loved it when cade thought he was going to die and admitted he loves Meghan, took him long enough to admit how he feels for her.
I'm looking forward to finding out what happens when cade recovers and what happens between them both.

I liked it how the dagda really likes Meghan and reckon they will get on really well.

Im giving this 5 stars because its a really good book and now im looking forward to the third one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2013 11:11 PM BST

Faelorehn - Book One of the Otherworld Trilogy
Faelorehn - Book One of the Otherworld Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 7 Sept. 2012
Im not usually into this kinda story so I was very surprised to find that I actually very much enjoyed Faelorehn.

I was drawn in after just reading a couple of pages and from then on I just wanted to keep going, I can really empathize with Meghan and how she must feel knowing that she was just abandoned like that, what kinda parents would leave their two year old daughter just wondering the streets of a dangerous city.

Meghan has a lot of background and it gets revealed slowly throughout the book, it was nice how she got adopted by the Elams they sound like a lovely family and they all seem to get on really well together, I especially liked meghans bond with her fifth brother Aiden.

Cade was the one that intrigued me the most, I thought it was nice how he saved her from the otherworldly creatures and the way he has been assisting her in the start of the journey to finding out her true identity and who she really is but it would have been so much easier for everybody if he wasnt so secretive .

The bond between maghan and her group of school friends was a nice touch, the way they all stick up for one another aginst the bullies and help each other out.

All in all this was a fantasic book and I will DEFINATELY be reading the next book in the trilogy, I cant wait to find out what happens next.

Painted Blind: A Modern Retelling of the Myth of Cupid & Psyche
Painted Blind: A Modern Retelling of the Myth of Cupid & Psyche

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book, 21 Aug. 2012
I really enjoyed this book and would rate it 7 stars out of 5 lol, its a really good story and very well written.
the characters are very well thought about and like the way they are carried out through the book.
There are moments that make you laugh, some that make you well up and I didnt wanna put it down until the end.
What im basicly trying to say is that if you havent already read it then do so because if you dont then you are missing out on a seriously good read.

Page: 1 | 2