3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars
CONTROVERSIAL., 14 May 2012
It's stupidly brilliant, yet super annoying. Ok whats wrong with it?
1) The over use of the same words, sardonically, tilting head, lip biting, smirked, etc etc. Used over and over on every page.
2) The fact that its American based yet the book is clearly British, with words like m'dear and old coot, etc.
3) The inner goddess needs to be strangled.
4) The present tense writing style which limited the doms view point alot was strange and sometimes uncomfortable.
5) The random, 15 line sex scenes, and quick romps all over the place.
6) The 6 year strait sub who is suddenly a hardcore dom.
7) Fan fict it may have started out as, but originality wouldn't have gone amiss here, with a few more changes it could have been completely original. (Then you ask yourself would it have this hype now if it was changed too much, hence riding the Meyer train?)
8) The amount of blushing and eyeball rolling is becoming disturbing.
Whats right with it?
If you can get past all of the above, and the twilightish references, its actually a very slow, in depth process of how a dom and how a sub think. You begin to understand why the things they do are done. Its like a book version of jersey shore except it has slightly more depth. (Not sure if this comment should be in the 'whats right with it' section)
And it's actually not like the average harlequin do over book, where you know the ending at the first page.
It's one of those books that, if you are a new reader you will love it, if you have been reading this genre for ages you will roll your eyes and be able to name ten better authors in ten seconds.