Profile for Martin Matthews > Reviews

Content by Martin Matthews

Martin Matthews (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
ONX3® ( Black ) Huawei Honor Holly Case Custom Made PU Leather Flip With Credit / Debit Card Slot Case Skin Cover With LCD Screen Protector Guard, Polishing Cloth & Mini Retractable Stylus Pen
Offered by ONX3

1.0 out of 5 stars Flawed and fragile, 4 Jun. 2015
Unfortunately the design leaves a very thin strip of plastic alongside the volume controls on the phone and that snapped almost immediately. No drops, no rough stuff it must have just been pressed by something in my coat pocket or who knows? Anyway that thin strip is going to break for everyone would be my guess. A shame as otherwise it works well - nice and slim but protective and holds three cards and a few notes for emergencies.
Update Feb 2016. I couldn't find any others I liked the look of so I thought i would try another one of these in the hope they had either fixed the problem or maybe it was a one off. No good - it broke within two days. My last case for a phoen lasted for nearly two years so I'm fairly sure it's not me!

70 GRAM CONTACT ADHESIVE TUBE GLUE
70 GRAM CONTACT ADHESIVE TUBE GLUE
Offered by Swan Household

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent glue, 4 May 2015
Price loses one star

Flexible Vinyl Adhesive - 12ml
Flexible Vinyl Adhesive - 12ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Not effective, 4 May 2015
Hasn't really stuck to anything (tried on things listed as suitable). Shame as their 151 glue is superb.

Autobulbs 10 X 286 Dashboard Dash Small Wedge Capless 12V 1.2W Indicator Panel Light Bulb Bulbs
Offered by Bargainbitz

5.0 out of 5 stars At this price - superb, 1 May 2015
They work and at this price that is more than enough

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, bright pointer, 24 April 2015
It works well as a pointer but is too bright for our cat! Probably because of the brightness the batteries do not last anywhere near as long as our last one. Still an excellent product though.

Buyee® 2 set Bluetooth Motorbike Motorcycle helmet intercom Headset BT interphone 800M rider to pillion
Offered by Buyee (UK local delivery)

3.0 out of 5 stars Superb value and a usable product which changes your riding experience (but see edits)., 24 April 2015
Edit a bit later again: for the first time I was using it for satnav directions and when my pillion connected to talk the satnav audio went away. I had assumed it would be possible to hear both satnav and passenger especially as the headset can supposedly allow you to talk to two people at once (not tried).

Edit four months later: first time out in damp conditions (light but persistent rain) one unit cut out twice then stopped turning on. Now dead. Contacted them and replacement arrived in two days. Not sure how well they will stand the next rain so I'll leave it at 3 stars for now. Shame as they worked well as my original review says:

For the price most people would probably give 5 stars but I only do that if I genuinely have no criticisms so this four star review should probably be considered a five by most people.

I wanted a way to communicate easily with my wife on pillion. The sets do that admirably. We stick the transmitter/control bit on the side and fed the (slightly bulky) mic booms successfully into position between padding etc.. The mics and earphones are also too bulky but after fiddling just fit within both our full face and flip up helmets but only just and not without small impact on comfort. If the sizes could be reduced by 20% this would get 5*. For open face you would have no trouble I suspect.

The only other major problem is that the mics seem to pick up some sort of grunting sound when we get onto our bikes. Not sure where that comes from;-)

The radios have worked flawlessly. We have even now used it bike to bike over distances of maybe half a mile. It seems to only lose signal based on line of site. They are plenty loud enough although the control signals (beeps) are way louder than voices and quite annoying. Batteries last at least a few hours (not sure as we have never run out). Controlling them is a little hard to remember (for me) but only because they do so many things with only a few controls on which labels would not help.

Bluetooth has been fine but with one problem. One set would not work well (break up/choppiness) with my phone but works fine with my wife's. The other set worked fine with mine. My phone has always been a little dodgy on Bluetooth so maybe the problem is there.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2015 8:38 PM BST

100 25mm split rings
100 25mm split rings
Offered by bomien

5.0 out of 5 stars Stupidly good value, 24 April 2015
This review is from: 100 25mm split rings (Toy)
I only wanted two of these but it was cheaper to order 100 online than to buy two locally so I did. I was a bit concerned what the quality would be like but they appear at least as good as any others I have had and no problems experienced.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars No rpoblems experienced, 24 April 2015
Do the job.

Honor Holly 3G UK SIM-Free Smartphone (5 inch, Touchscreen, 1.3 gHZ Quad-Core, 1GB RAM, 16GB ROM, 8MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, Android 4.4, Emotion UI 2.3) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars No negatives?, 24 April 2015
Hard to fault this phone for the price. It is brighter, far faster, far more reliable, far better at connecting to wifi and far less trouble than my previous phone (which was not awful). The internal storage in particular is a revaluation with absolutely no need to worry about what I install (so far) as I have used less than 2GB of the available 13GB with everything I want installed (and a fair bit of junk). I don't use the phone for anything demanding though (no heavy gaming etc.) but as a day-to-day phone for the average 30+ person I'd recommend it totally.

Advantage 80mg Spot-On Solution for Large Cats and Pet Rabbits (over 4kg)
Advantage 80mg Spot-On Solution for Large Cats and Pet Rabbits (over 4kg)
Offered by Animal Dispensaries

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't know why the one for large cats is so ..., 20 Nov. 2014
Don't know why the one for large cats is so much cheaper than the one for small cats so we bought this and use half each time. Seems to work anyway.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6