Profile for Becky R. > Reviews

The Music of Nashville Original Soundtrack, Volume 2
The Music of Nashville Original Soundtrack, Volume 2
Price: 9.55

5.0 out of 5 stars mum loves it, 20 Jun 2014
my mum is a huge fan of 'Nashville', and after buying her the first volume I had to buy her the second. The songs are just as good, and it is always playing in our car :)

Horrible Bosses [DVD] [2011]
Horrible Bosses [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Jason Bateman
Price: 2.72

5.0 out of 5 stars just as funny second time round, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Horrible Bosses [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I watched this in the cinema and almost wet myself laughing, so had to buy a copy. It is worth watching not least because Jennifer Aniston is stupendous as a nymphomaniac dentist. Her best role to date in my opinion.

Harry Potter - The Amazing Quiz Book
Harry Potter - The Amazing Quiz Book
by Frankie Taylor
Price: 4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars got a refund, 20 Jun 2014
ordering this was a complete waste of my time and money, and luckily Amazon agreed with me and gave me a prompt full refund of the book and p & p costs. It looked very promising on the page description but when it arrived I was unsatisfied on a number of points. Firstly, the font was rather large, a deliberate ploy to make the book look larger than what it was: the questions could have filled a book half the size of tis one. And secondly, the questions themselves were basic beyond belief. I may come from the Harry Potter generation of the 90's, but even so, you don't need to be an expert to guess these questions. Do not waste your money on this book.

Essential GCSE Latin
Essential GCSE Latin
by John Taylor
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars SO HELPFUL, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Essential GCSE Latin (Paperback)
Do not let the slim-line nature of this volume fool you: it is a life-saver. As an MA student of medieval history, one of my course requirements s a one year fast-track module of Latin. which is extremely hard to do! this book was recommended to me by an ex-student, and it really does help. all the cases, nouns and declensions are clearly set out in understandable terminology, including helpful tables and a brief dictionary. this is a very useful aid to use together with whatever source books you are set by your Latin tutor.

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits
Price: 6.58

4.0 out of 5 stars slight crack in case, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
bought this for my dad as he desperately wanted this album. CD is fine and he loves the songs. Only thing was the case had a crack in it which slightly spoiled the appearance of the gift when he unwrapped it, but since nothing is wrong with the CD which is the most important bit, I wasn't worried about complaining.

Princess
Princess
by Jean Sasson
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars nice gift idea, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Princess (Paperback)
I bought this for a present to my friend who is doing a PhD in Islamic studies. It arrived promptly and in pristine condition. It was a paperback, and a surprisingly small and compact sized one! By all accounts, it was a gripping read and very interesting.

The Monstrous Middle Ages
The Monstrous Middle Ages
by Bettina Bildhauer
Price: 16.66

5.0 out of 5 stars gruesomely gripping, 20 Jun 2014
who doesn't love some blood, guts and gore, all rolled into the neat package of monstrosity? A fab book which has been extremely useful to me during my MA, not least for my upcoming dissertation on female monstrosity within the medieval period. Even if you aren't a medieval specialist like myself, this is just a fun book to have on the book case. Well worth a read!

What Is Medieval History? (What is History series)
What Is Medieval History? (What is History series)
by John Arnold
Price: 14.50

4.0 out of 5 stars good starting point, 20 Jun 2014
If you want in-depth detail, this book is not for you. But if you want a basic groundwork from which to gain an understanding of some of the key concepts of medieval history, than this is a good starting point.

Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire [DVD]
Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sean Maguire
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 6.14

5.0 out of 5 stars very amusing and silly, 20 Jun 2014
I watched this when it originally aired on BBC, and after discovering this DVD on Amazon, I just had to buy it and re-watch it all. It is funny, silly and sometimes rather bizarre; Matt Lucas is a tour de force as a lustful, despotic, murderous tyrant overlord, and the supporting cast are all well chosen for their roles. A brilliantly amusing fantasy drama.

Fevre Dream (Fantasy Masterworks 13)
Fevre Dream (Fantasy Masterworks 13)
by George R. R. Martin
Price: 8.36

5.0 out of 5 stars great birthday idea, 20 Jun 2014
I bought this for a birthday present for a friend of mine who is, understandably, obsessed with 'Game of Thrones'. She had never heard of this book (from the 80's originally I think) so was completely surprised by a steam-punk inspired vampire novel by George R. R. Martin. Very good read too!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3