Profile for Tim Cross > Reviews

Blissed
Blissed
Offered by EliteDigital UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Some excellent tracks, some drivel, 8 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Blissed (Audio CD)
I bought this album for "Zwing Ting", one of the best tunes I have ever heard. I was pleasantly surprised to discover "Feeling Good", a great cover of the old Nina Simone track. I also thought "Start Button" was pretty cool.
But sadly, some of the album is inane - "Nipples" and "Phule Phat" are two examples, and are rubbish!

Sony MDR-EX71SLW Stereo Earphones - White
Sony MDR-EX71SLW Stereo Earphones - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 8 Mar. 2005
I bought these headphones to replace the awful ones that came with my iPod. My first impression was that they certainly look the part!
The sound is so far removed from their predecessors it is quite amazing. There is plenty of bass (as other reviewers have said) but it is much easier to turn bass down than try to boost some when there isn't any. The feel in the ear took a bit of getting used to (as I was used to the iPod ones) but I now find them extremely comfortable.
All in all, highly recommended.

Since I Left You
Since I Left You

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth and mesmerisingly flowing album, 11 Feb. 2002
This review is from: Since I Left You (Audio CD)
As a whole, "Since I Left You" is considerably more than just the sum of its parts. The album flows so well - it is almost as if track marks and names were included in order to conform as it would surely be sacrilege to not play this album from start to finish. All the samples are cleverly used to create a fantastic trifle of sound - only you may need a quality hifi to properly appreciate all the layers. I heartily recommend this album.

Simplicity Two Thousand
Simplicity Two Thousand
Offered by marxwax

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful and Ambient Double Album, 9 Feb. 2002
This review is from: Simplicity Two Thousand (Audio CD)
This album was a real surprise. I bought it having only heard a couple of Afterlife tunes. Indeed the maiun swaying point for me was the fact that I was quite a fan of the label. However, I was not at all prepared for the superb standard of music throughout. It's extremely chilled but still manages to fit pace through the album. Certainly one of my best purchases of last year. Best track: 5th & Avenida