Profile for JLS > Reviews

Content by JLS

JLS "wingin' it" (Sunny South Tyneside)

Page: 1 | 2
818-TEch no36300010016 Hi-Speed 2.0 USB flash drive 16GB guitar diamond metal 3D gold
Offered by 818-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of bling!, 18 Nov. 2013
I'm very pleased with this USB which will be a Christmas gift for my niece who plays the guitar. I like that it's useful and also very pretty. I cannot find anything to fault with it, and am happy with the service I received from the seller. Overall, top marks!

Argo DVD [2013]
Argo DVD [2013]
Dvd ~ Ben Affleck
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars First class., 27 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Argo DVD [2013] (DVD)
Thoroughly enjoyable film based on a true story. Don't miss watching the extras at the end from the people it actually happened to. Took a while for me to get my head round the USA's reaction to the hostages in the embassy, but historically it's correct. Get the popcorn in, put your feet up and enjoy!

Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
by Anita Moorjani

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Mar. 2013
I have thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who is interested, not only in NDE's, but also healing. It is very easy to read, a little repetitive in places and very thought provoking. It addresses issues of illness and how we can become ill through inner conflict. Highly recommended.

The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven: A Remarkable Account of Miracles, Angels, and Life Beyond This World
by Kevin Malarkey

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read., 27 Mar. 2013
I found this book created a number of reactions for me. It is a challenging read in some respects, but was very thought provoking, and held my interest. It is a subject I have been reading more about - NDE's - and from that perspective was enlightening. My problem with it was that I felt it was a little forced by the author, who is the boy's father. Further research after finishing the book was frustrating. I came across a blog by Beth Malarkey, the boy's mother, who states categorically that neither her nor her son (the subject of the book) support it in any way. I could find no mention of the author himself and got the impression the parents may no longer be together, but found nothing to prove this. The book is an easy read and raises some interesting points. I'm just not sure how highly I would recommend it. I guess it's a case of suck it and see!

Life After Life
Life After Life
by Raymond A. Moody

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking., 27 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Life After Life (Paperback)
This is the first book I've read which lists comprehensively the experiences of those who have had NDE's. It also describes the various common elements in these experiences. The approach is professional but sympathetic and unbiased. I would recommend this for anyone wanting to learn more about what happens to us after we die. All that is required is an open mind.

The Cosmic Tourist: The 100 Most Awe-inspiring Destinations in the Universe
The Cosmic Tourist: The 100 Most Awe-inspiring Destinations in the Universe
by Patrick Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all round!, 27 Mar. 2013
This was bought as a gift for someone who has taken up astronomy as a hobby. The book is impressive in size, very sturdy and colourful. There are hundreds of photographs and great illustrations. Very good explanations of difficult ideas and terms. Highly recommended.

Angel Paradise
Angel Paradise
Offered by NLP-Deutschland

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for relaxation, 27 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Angel Paradise (Audio CD)
This CD is beautiful to listen to. Perfect for relaxation or meditation. I was very pleased with the purchase and feel it has helped me to relax before going to sleep.

Bunny Business Rabbit / Guinea Enclosure with Roof Galvanised and Free Sunshade 46" Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect as a small dog run!, 25 July 2012
We bought this for our very small Yorkshire Terrier. We do not have an enclosed garden and need something for him when we're outside snoozing in the sun! Used it for the first time a few days ago and it is excellent. Very sturdy, easy to construct and he's taken to it straight away. The sunshade makes it suitable even on a very warm day. Very pleased with the product and the seller. Would highly recommend.

EPISTICK EPILATOR FACIAL HAIR REMOVAL REMOVER TOOL
EPISTICK EPILATOR FACIAL HAIR REMOVAL REMOVER TOOL
Offered by Universal Color

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem!, 20 July 2012
This little gadget is an absolute gem. I suffer with a lot of facial hair, not just the odd one here and there, and for years I've tried different solutions; all painful, expensive and with mixed results. In recent times I've just been plucking them out, but this is ineffective because I always miss some (my eyesight not being what it used to) and it's a painstaking affair which requires excellent lighting conditions. I bought the Epistick because it was so cheap and I reckoned it was worth a try. I got the hang of it pretty quickly, which basically means it must be very easy to use. Wow! what a result. I'm delighted with it. I must admit it made my eyes water a little the first time, but not really any more so than plucking. If you need to remove facial hair this is the gadget for you. I've ordered a second as a standby in case anything happens to the first. It's actually given me more confidence. I used to think people were looking at the hairs on my face (mainly chin area), but now it's literally as smooth as the proverbial infants behind! Wish I'd found it years ago.

Electrolux Universal Adjustable Oven Cooker Shelf
Electrolux Universal Adjustable Oven Cooker Shelf
Offered by SJD Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly, 7 May 2012
My oven only had a grill pan so I bought two of these shelves. They arrived promptly and were very easy to install. The adjustment to the width is simple and can be altered if necessary. Am very pleased with the purchase and would highly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2