Profile for BlueEP > Reviews

Content by BlueEP

BlueEP (London, England)

The Shepherd: (Shepherd 1)
The Shepherd: (Shepherd 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars but this was not the best book I've ever read, 17 Dec. 2014
I got this a while back, when it was free ( thank goodness). I don't often write reviews, but thought I'd add my voice to the less than flattering reviews. Sorry Ethan, but this was not the best book I've ever read. As others have said, it is a hotch-potch of different story lines, some of which I recognise from other authors / books, so a tad messy, but I also cringed at some of the language and style. I too got fed up with "gonna" and "wanna" from people that had, up to that point, spoken relatively normally!
There were some mis-spellings, the one I remember being "coup de grais" instead of "coup de gras".
And why do authors, writing stories set in the 21st century, say things like " he put the cup upon the table"? Upon?!? I don't know about you, but I usually put things on the table!
Overall, not good. I persevered to the end purely to find out what the heck was going on.

Deeply Odd
Deeply Odd

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear...., 27 April 2014
This review is from: Deeply Odd (Kindle Edition)
I love Dean Koontz books, normally.
I have enjoyed all of the previous Odd Thomas books.
I can't bring myself to finish this one. I keep trying, reading another couple of pages of boring blurb.
Soooo disappointing.
Might pick it up again at some point, but really can't be bothered at the moment.
It's going in the "Not finished" folder on my Kindle.
Very sad.

Angelfall: Penryn and the End of Days Book One
Angelfall: Penryn and the End of Days Book One

5.0 out of 5 stars Angelfall - loved it!, 13 Jun. 2013
Firstly, I have to admit that I'm not part of the target demographic for this book (i.e. I'm not a young adult, far from it!) but I loved this book!
I thought the premise was good, Susan's take on it interesting, and (best of all) I thought it was beautifully written.
I love Penryn, and thought the way it is writen, from her viewpoint, worked so well, and was so evocative.
I love fantasy, and also love the Twilight stories ( which some other reviewers compare this to) so it worked well for me.
If you want facts or reality - don't read it!!
I have just pre-ordered the sequel - can't wait!

The Sparrow
The Sparrow
by Mary Doria Russell

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting and unforgettable, 17 July 2001
This review is from: The Sparrow (Paperback)
If you like sci-fi, you must read this book (and the sequel, Children of God). Both are awe-inspiting, imaginative, haunting, beautiful, funny, thrilling, touching and quite, quite unforgettable. One reviewer called them "Un-putdownable". They certainly are. They will make you laugh, cry and wonder in turn.