Profile for FrostbiteXIII > Reviews

Content by FrostbiteXIII

FrostbiteXIII "FrostbiteXIII" (Edinburgh, UK)

Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One)
Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One)

1.0 out of 5 stars No Local Splitscreen Play, 27 Oct. 2015
No Local Splitscreen Play - campaign or multiplayer. I've played every other Halo game ever and was very much looking forward to playing this in the living room with my friends. And just found this out, so am returning it.

I know this is a rubbish review. I know I am only ranting because I am annoyed. But hopefully the title of my review wil help a fellow eejit from making the same mistake.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2015 1:30 PM GMT

HelloHome Vehicles Toddler Bed
HelloHome Vehicles Toddler Bed

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Build Quality, 26 July 2015
Managed to get this in the Amazon Prime deals for £33.99, but I can't believe it has 4.5 stars. One of the panels came with a small crack in it, and the screws to attach the small middle legs don't hold them on properly (tho the one at the top seems to do the job ok, else I would return it). Aesthetically it is OK except for (again) one of the middle legs which appears to have water damage and raised streaks all over it. All in all, for £34 it does the job and I would be impressed if I could find cheaper, but if I paid full price I would be returning it. 4/10

Game of Thrones: Map of The Known World Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 Pieces)
Game of Thrones: Map of The Known World Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 Pieces)

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit too Frustrating, 30 April 2015
I'm 35 and just starting to get into puzzles again - this is the 2nd one I have (nearly) done.

I'm not sure if it is just that I am quite new to it, but as a warning to others, the edge is pure EVIL to match (doesn't help that I appear to be missing 3 pieces). Also, my box came with a less-than-helpful giant red circle on the bottom saying something like "AS SEEN ON TV" which obscured the bottom right of the map. Very, very annoying. The black sea is all I have left to do now which isn't great, but nothing can be as bad as those edges...

Satisfying now that it is nearly done (I am assuming I have lost the pieces myself), but I definitely preferred the last puzzle I did...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2015 5:04 PM BST

Dexter: Complete Seasons 1-8 [DVD]
Dexter: Complete Seasons 1-8 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael C. Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars Watched it all. Regretted it., 29 Sept. 2014
Started so well, but got worse and worse towards the end. If you've not seen Season 8 yet, do yourself a favour and stop now... 5* to start with. 1* to end. Average of 3*s...

IVSO KeyBook Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Lenovo IdeaTab Miix 2 8-Inch Windows 8.1 Tablet - will only fit Lenovo Miix 2 8 8-Inch Tablet (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard can't keep up, 25 Aug. 2014
Keyboard doesn't keep up with the typing as others say. This makes it all a bit pointless. Also feels a bit cheap. The case is good though, but that is a bit of a moot point given the major flaw with the keyboard.

210L Water Butt with Lid, Tap, Stand & Downpipe Filler Kit
210L Water Butt with Lid, Tap, Stand & Downpipe Filler Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars First Rate Butt, 23 Oct. 2013
This was also my first water butt. Used it on my square downpipe. Easy enough to install, and very happy with it. The only negative is the base which is made up of three parts and starts to seperate if you mess with it, but given that you shouldnt be doing that, it's all good!

Beautiful World
Beautiful World
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful World by Take That (Audio CD - 2006), 23 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Beautiful World (Audio CD)
Was after "Rule The World", and a quick search said it was a "Single Released From Their Beautiful World Album" - reading a couple of the comments (and foolishly completely ignoring the track listing), I bought the album. Just a warning to any like-minded foolish individuals, that the track list is CORRECT and the comments are WRONG - it is NOT on this CD. Still a good enough CD tho. :)

Xbox LIVE 2100 Microsoft Points (Xbox 360)
Xbox LIVE 2100 Microsoft Points (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Points Card: Pros and Cons for the Newbie, 24 Dec. 2010
This one is for all of you who are buying XBox points for the first time - I have no idea why anyone else would be reading a review of this! :)

-- Microsoft Points (MSP) --
These points are the same as the Microsoft Points (MSP) that you would buy on the XBox from Microsoft directly (tho worth noting for the complete novice, different to the Achievement points that you get towards your Gamerscore for playing games on the XBox).

-- Cost Comparison --
Points cards usually work out cheaper (depending on postage costs!) compared to buying these directly from Microsoft. Direct, the equivalent cost - at time of writing - is £17.85 for 2100 points (£8.50 per 1000MSP). I have been comparing prices for points on and off for a few years now, and generally stock up when I find them under £15 as they rarely go much below this (you do not need to spend them straight away).

-- Packaging --
As 'Roronoa Zoro' points out, the packaging has now changed (from a DVD sized case with inlay and a seperate card with the code on it) to a thinner card cover with a card encased in egg-box-like packaging. :)

-- Generic Points vs Game-Branded Points --
It is also worth noting that these points can also purchase anything that Lips/Halo/Call of Duty branded points can buy, and vica versa - for example, Halo points are just points, and can buy other games / add-ons for the XBox. The advantages of (for example) a Halo-branded points cards is that it shows a bit more thought if you are giving it as a gift - it just depends on whether the branding is worth the (usual) slight price difference for your gift. Having said this, in some cases the branded points come with added download content, for example, I believe the Halo card comes with a download code for an avatar item.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2013 1:28 PM GMT

Canon IXUS II Digital Camera [3MP 2xOptical]
Canon IXUS II Digital Camera [3MP 2xOptical]

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need from a Digital camera, 5 July 2005
I have owned this camera for a year and a half now, and still cannot find a flaw with it. For reference, I am not a professional photographer, but I do use my camera quite a lot (I have taken about 2000 pictures in the last 18 months).
I have my settings to maximum quality/size, which means the photos are about 1MB each, and can fit about 250 on a 256MB SD card (which I managed to pick up for about £20). I get the photos printed out at about 10p a picture, after I have sifted through all the bad ones, and the picture quality is great - I would not see the point in a higher megapixel camera if it was just to end up with normal photos.
The 2x optical zoom is great, but I would never intentionally use the digital zoom - I see this as a pointless feature in any digital camera (it merely crops the photo rather than actually changing the focus of the lens, which means that you just get a smaller (and thus slightly more blurry) final picture).
It is a great size, and has a good sturdy feel to it.
All-in-all a great camera!