Profile for Mrs. Anne Peat > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Anne Peat

Mrs. Anne Peat

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - 30 (Amazon Boxes)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - 30 (Amazon Boxes)
Price: 30.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Service, 19 Jun 2014
I have chosen to send gift cards by next day delivery several times in the past without problems. This time was an absolute disaster. The card was not delivered on the birthday of the recipient, nor for 3 or 4 days afterwards. In the end a replacement one was sent after I complained, but even that was not delivered at the time agreed, but 24 hours later. By then I had cancelled the order and substituted a gift voucher by email.
If I send a voucher again, it will be by email. At least them I know it gets there.

Nicky Clarke 19mm Hair Therapy Digital Pro Ceramic Tong NTS049
Nicky Clarke 19mm Hair Therapy Digital Pro Ceramic Tong NTS049
Price: 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not long lasting, 27 Jan 2014
I was delighted with these when they first came, especially the temperature control, as I have very fine hair, so always used it on the lowest temperature. I also used a glove on the hand holding the hair, as I didn't want to burn the fingers holding the hair. However, after 18 months they started to spit and give out a chemical smell, and the temperature control seems to have stopped working as I get smoke/steam from my hair whenever I use them, so I've abandoned them. I don't think 20 months is good value, given what they cost. Problem is what to replace them with?

LEGO Creator 7346: Seaside House
LEGO Creator 7346: Seaside House
Price: 26.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun, 11 Jan 2014
My 5 year old granddaughter has already built the house in one form (with a bit of help from grownups) and has had great fun playing with this, her first bit of Lego.

LEGO Friends 41013: Emma's Sports Car
LEGO Friends 41013: Emma's Sports Car
Offered by Toybroker-UK
Price: 15.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A challenge, 11 Jan 2014
This was quite a challenge for my 5 year old granddaughter, but with some help from adults she did construct the car and the accessories, and has found the set fun to play with, especially in combination with the Seaside House.

West Side Story Original Soundtrack Recording
West Side Story Original Soundtrack Recording
Price: 4.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 11 Jan 2014
I bought this as I wanted to use the overture in a teaching session - but when I got it it didn't have the overture on the recording. So very disappointed. Had to download the overture separately and pay again!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2014 11:18 AM GMT

Elba Ring Binder Heavyweight PVC 2 O-Ring Size 25mm A5 Blue Ref 100080882
Elba Ring Binder Heavyweight PVC 2 O-Ring Size 25mm A5 Blue Ref 100080882
Offered by WOW-DISCOUNTS
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the task, 11 Jan 2014
Exactly what I needed to keep sermons in. Will have to buy some more soon. I needed the stiffer covers to store on shelves.

Leaf Man (Ala Notable Children's Books. Younger Readers (Awards))
Leaf Man (Ala Notable Children's Books. Younger Readers (Awards))
by Lois Ehlert
Price: 10.08

5.0 out of 5 stars A visual feast, 11 Jan 2014
A beautiful picture book, very much enjoyed by my grandchildren who go out for walks often and collect natural things.

Yummy: My Favourite Nursery Stories
Yummy: My Favourite Nursery Stories
by Lucy Cousins
Price: 8.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 11 Jan 2014
A simple read for my 5 year old granddaughter who is a fluent reader and loves fairy stories and folk tales.

Hubble Bubble: The Glorious Granny Bake Off!
Hubble Bubble: The Glorious Granny Bake Off!
by Tracey Corderoy
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A winning recipe, 11 Jan 2014
Bought for my five year old granddaughter who is already a fluent reader, and much enjoyed as she reads it for herself, and has bits read.

LEGO Duplo 10507 My First Train Set
LEGO Duplo 10507 My First Train Set
Offered by tradiero GmbH
Price: 47.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing for all ages, 11 Jan 2014
Bought for my 3 year old grandson, opened on Christmas Day, constructed by grandson with his dad and uncle, and played with all day by him and his older sister, till we got tired of the sound effects. Family has already bought the expansion set so he can build more complicated layouts. A hit!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4