Profile for Mr. Stuart K. N. Neilson > Reviews

Content by Mr. Stuart K. ...

Mr. Stuart K. N. Neilson

Winpartner Travellor Series High quality Kindle Fire HD 7'' case 3d Dual Protect case(newest non toxic silicone Plastic-multiple Color Options)Military-duty Case with stand Rainproof Shockproof for Kindle Fire Hd 7 inch Tablet Laptop of Winpartner KF1 (camo green)
Offered by Winpartner technology

5.0 out of 5 stars I does what I want it to, 29 Jan 2014
Its a big foxtrot oscar slicon/rubber cover that protects your Kindle. It really does what it says on the box!

The Prime Minister's Ironing Board and Other State Secrets: True Stories from the Government Archives

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as much fun as I thought it would be, 29 Jan 2014
Its OK but no meat to it. Probably written for teenagers not middle aged men like me. 3 more words.

Uni-ball Power Tank Eco 1.0 RT Black
Uni-ball Power Tank Eco 1.0 RT Black
Offered by OMGHOWCHEAP LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Pen - User friendly company., 26 July 2012
I wrote a review for these excellent pens on another review site so I'm just going to insert a link that you can cut and paste to that:

[...]

The only thing wrong with them is you can't stop some light fingered git from pinching them.

TeckNet® NEW Kindle 4 Premium Folio Case / Cover + Clip-On LED Reading Lamp & Kindle Rear Protector for NEW Amazon Kindle 4 / 6 inch / 2011 generation / Book Style - Purple

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but needs tweeking with after purchase modification., 26 July 2012
This cover certainly represents value for money but it could be improved. The magnetic clasp in not only unnecessary it's actually a pain. It flaps about while you are reading and gets in the way if you try to slip the Kindle into a pocket or bag. Removing it is easy but it leaves you with a stud which is not very good looking.

Come on Teck get rid of the stupid clasp and save us a few quid and help save the planet (Magnets use rare earth metals and they're a limited resource!)

TeckNet® NEW Kindle 4 Premium Folio Case / Cover With Magnetic Clasp For NEW Amazon Kindle 4 / 6 inch / 2011 generation / Book Style - Includes Kindle Rear Protector - Brown
Offered by TECKNET

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but I didn't like the magnetic closure strap., 16 Nov 2011
This is a good bit of kit for £8.99 It does what it's supposed to do. The only thing I didn't like is the magnetic closure strap. It was a bit tight, flapped about when not closed such as when reading and got in the way when trying to slot my kindle into tightish pockets and slots in bags.

You'll note the past tense. I cut it off and now the cover is fully functional.

The Junior Officers' Reading Club: Killing Time and Fighting Wars
The Junior Officers' Reading Club: Killing Time and Fighting Wars
by Patrick Hennessey

3.0 out of 5 stars Some critism of this book or perhaps its author., 25 Oct 2010
I do not disagree with other reviewers of this book that it is fast paced, gripping and should be read by anyone with an interest of military affairs. However as a middle aged, slightly overweight reservist staff officer I realise that I'm on the list of people that Mr Hennessey despises. I think for the author to describe others who have not shared his combat experience (as far as he knows) as cowards, as he does about RAF officers in the Falklands is beyond the pale. He has no right to abuse his moral authority as a combat veteran to describe anyone as a coward. He should recall that most people in the military go where they are sent. The RAF officers are no more cowards than the officers in the Grenadier Guards who did not go to HERRICK prior to 2007.

I also felt he displayed the haughty disdain of the Guardee to every one else not in his immediate circle. The other platoons as RMAS were not quite up to it. His Platoon Commander, an Engineer, was useless, the other FOBs on HERRICK did not work/fight as hard as he did. The other battalions left the OMLTs to get on with it.

I'm glad to see that he looked after the young soldier he named as Gillespie but I think in his arrogance he let down the officer he described as 'the random Major' both at the time of his visit and by later using his book to criticise and ridicule this officer.

I don't know whether I despise Mr Hennessey for leaving the army when he could have been a good influence for the future of whether I think we are well shot of him.

Mr Hennessey complains that his Platoon Commander at Sandhurst called him a c**t, I tend to agree with the PC.

Wartime Courage: Stories of Extraordinary Courage by Ordinary People in World War Two
by Gordon Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars Dire, 10 May 2010
I had a flick through this book in the Library. Having seen the reviews I wanted to check it out for myself. After a quick flick through I didn't even bother to take it out. The subjects are inspiring but the style is ponderous. Just flicking through a few pages leaves you feeling that the author has no feel for the subject. He may admire them or at least want to be seen to admire them but he clearly has no understanding of them and does not appear to be inspired or exited about them.

I found it impossible to detach what I know about the man from his writing even on the few pages I read. His appalling behavior, disgraceful and dishonourable conduct juxtaposed with the subjects of this book is too much to stomach. I could not read any more.

Animal Luggage Holdall 120 Litres - Taurus - Camo
Animal Luggage Holdall 120 Litres - Taurus - Camo

3.0 out of 5 stars Animal Tauras Not Bad., 21 July 2009
Not a bad holdall. The only thing I would change (and I've changed it on mine) is that the handle strap does not go all the way under the bottom of the bag which makes the strap vulnerable to being pulled off if you have a heavy load in the bag. (ie full of clothes)

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (Xbox 360)
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (Xbox 360)
Offered by FUN-N-MORE

1.0 out of 5 stars Sacred: or should I say Holy Crap., 21 July 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I'm sorry but this game is not very good. You characters look interesting to start with but you will pretty soon discover that its dull.

Analogue Clock
Analogue Clock
Offered by Compact Compatibles

3.0 out of 5 stars OXFORD ANALOGUE MOTORCYCLE CLOCK, 5 Mar 2009
This review is from: Analogue Clock (Automotive)
Does what it says on the tin. Its stuck on with velcro which is useful and there is an ugly piece of rubber behind it so it stands quite proud from the mounting surface - you could abandon that but you'd need your own sticky mounting pads. There is alsoa screw on facility which did not fit onto my machine.