Profile for I. R. Moore > Reviews

Content by I. R. Moore

I. R. Moore

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits and works. Back lit keys., 9 Nov. 2013
Fitted my Dell 1640 without any problems (including back lighting working fine). I needed replacement keyboard, and this at £10 (with US layout - not a significant problem for me) was much better than paying more than £90 for UK layout. I don't know why there is such a big price difference. This works perfectly for me.

Targus Travel USB 2.0 4-Port Hub with Notebook Light - Hub - 4 x Hi-Speed USB...

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and sweet, 21 Oct. 2012
Has a high quality finish and feel; particularly good for £3. Sockets similar distance from each other as on back of desktop PC, so bulky items might not be able to go next to each other. Light doesn't always stay in off position if given a nudge. Nevertheless, overall, pleasing for the price.

Sapphire 11166-02-20R HD 5450 1GB DDR3 PCIE HDMI Graphics Card
Sapphire 11166-02-20R HD 5450 1GB DDR3 PCIE HDMI Graphics Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on old computer running Ubuntu, 15 Jun. 2012
I have an old computer (Dell 9150 from 2006) that I wanted to connect to a 30 inch monitor (2560x1600) [long irrelevant story omitted] so bought one of these. Glad that it worked with no problem (and at full resolution) despite the machine being very old, having only 375 watt power supply, and running Ubuntu (Linux). Machine now has second lease of life.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2015 10:57 AM GMT

Sennheiser PC 31 Headset with Over Head Binaural VoIP
Sennheiser PC 31 Headset with Over Head Binaural VoIP

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - but doubled in price in last 6 months, 8 May 2012
I bought one of these 6 months ago and was about to buy another (for another computer) but have been put off by the price. They are excellent quality (both headphones and mic), but 6 months ago were £14 - now they are (May 2012) £26. Now that's what I call inflation. Not sure whether they remain great value at £26. Certainly great value at £14.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2012 11:33 AM BST

OCZ VTX3MI-25SAT3-120G 120GB Vertex3 SATA III 2.5 Inch SSD
OCZ VTX3MI-25SAT3-120G 120GB Vertex3 SATA III 2.5 Inch SSD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and no problems, 8 May 2012
I was slightly worried by one of the reviews, but have had another SSD from OCZ which worked fine so thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt. Indeed, the drive works absolutely fine - very fast and no problems (for me).

CDL Micro USB 2.0 Manual Printer Sharing Switch - Black
CDL Micro USB 2.0 Manual Printer Sharing Switch - Black
Offered by CDL Micro

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 8 May 2012
I use this connected to a (powered) USB hub in order to switch 4 USB devices between 2 computers - works fine.

High Grade - Extra Long USB Sync & Charge Cable for Apple iPhone 3G / 3Gs / 4 / 4S - For All Apple iPod Touch / Nano / Classic / Mini (All Generations) - For Apple iPad 1 / 2 / 3 - Length : 2 meters / 6.6 ft - AAA Products®
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER

2.0 out of 5 stars fine for iPhone - not so much for iPad, 23 July 2011
I don't know if I just got a bad one - but for me, using this cable to charge the iPad - it says it is charging but takes forever compared to with the standard cable.

Growing Object-Oriented Software, Guided by Tests (Beck Signature)
Growing Object-Oriented Software, Guided by Tests (Beck Signature)
by Steve Freeman

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book on TDD and object oriented design, 9 Dec. 2009
This is the best book on TDD that I've read. It's more than just about testing though - it's about object oriented design. It's very well written - clear without being verbose. It's suitable for all levels of experience of TDD. Unlike other books on TDD I've read, there is plenty in this book even for people who have done plenty of TDD before.