Profile for Torontees > Reviews

HAARP
HAARP
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!!!, 17 Oct. 2010
This review is from: HAARP (Audio CD)
As a recent convert - from the Twilight films (sorry to all those who think they sold out by letting their music be used)and their Glastonbury appearance this year. As a 50 something year old this band epitomises bands of the 70's 80's in their performance and energy. How many 3 piece bands could create the amount of noise, range and complete sound??? Their studio albums are no different to what is produced on stage and ....yes they deserve their success. I have been tracking down past albums, CD's and DVD's and have to say that I have not been disappointed yet!! Vocals superb, backing superb, musicianship superb, togetherness superb - all in all I have been singing and playing their songs to my new grand daughter..........well it's never too young to learn!!! I loved this CD and DVD and play the DVD in the house and the CD in the car - just fab!!
Recommended x 100 - I can relive my youth with just one DVD concert.

The Host
The Host
by Stephenie Meyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Comparisons!!! Don't be put off., 9 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Host (Paperback)
I bought this book as I had read synopsis of it a couple of times. As I (and my god-daughter) absolutely love the Twilight books I have to admit to some sceptisism to this book. Don't be put off!!! For all this is a totally different type of read - it is really good and I found that I could not put it down once I started to read it.

Stephanie should not be underestimated nor regarded as a "one trick pony" with the Twilight books. This was a really readable, believable story with a really good ending.

DO NOT BE PUT OFF!! It was a very good read!!!