Profile for JC > Reviews

Content by JC

JC (London, UK)

The Gerson Therapy: The Amazing Juicing Programme for Cancer and Other Illnesses
by Charlotte Gerson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the easiet of reads, 9 July 2006
This was one of my many books to read as I tried to obtain as much information about Cancer and how to beat Cancer. When I got round to reading it, I found this book very detailed in the beginning, giving a lengthly history of the Gerson Institute/Therapy. This is definately not a book that I found easy to refer to for quick fast facts. Nor was it easy to navigate round the chapters, you literally had to read from the beginning to end in order to understand what it was proposing. Maybe I'm not as intelligent as other readers but I had to re-read chapters in order to try and understand what treatment was being advised.

I was expecting a step by step guide to a daily diet aimed at defeating Cancer but instead I was reading about Liver injections, B vitamins etc things that are not easily obtainable unless you attend the Gerson Institue. The reasons to many illness such as Osteoprosis and how effective the Gerson Therapy was without giving a breakdown to what the treatment was.

However, you have to credit the writers for the painstaking effort they have put into the book. Although throughout the book you get the feeling that it is a very one sided view.

I recommend other books such as 'What to Eat if You have Cancer' by Maureen Keane & Daniellla Chace or The Chemotherapy Survival Guide by Judith McKay & Nancee Hirano.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2013 9:01 AM BST

What to Eat If You Have Cancer: A Guide to Nutritional Therapy to Your Treatment Plan
by John A. Lung

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 9 July 2006
This book was one of the first books I read on Cancer which I found to be extremely helpful.

The book is well-structured giving concise and coherent information. For those of you who have received devasting news about Cancer and are trying to find out about it, then this book is a must read.

The First Section explains in detail how your body works, what Cancer is, how it begins and how minerals etc balance the body and fight against Cancer.

The Second Section explains what type of side effects you may experience during your treatment and how your body reacts to the treatment and suggests practical ways to combat them.

The Third Section suggests how eating the right foods can provide maximum benefits for combatting Cancer and the side effects of your treatment and provides solutions to dealing with Underweight/Overweight problems during treatment. This book provides meal suggestions and a comprehensive list of which types of foods are essential to eat and avoid. These are foods which are easy to buy and are not overly expensive. It's also very easy to incorporate into your daily diet.

Overall the book provides a greater understanding of the body and how the right Nutrition can aid the body to fight against Cancer.

Before I read this book I felt as the world had just collapsed on top of me and I had so many questions and fears. However, after reading this book I had a clearer picture of how to move on in a more positive approach.

I give this book 5 stars as I truely believe that this book is essential for anyone with Cancer.