Profile for A. Smith > Reviews

Content by A. Smith

A. Smith "alismith" (Glasgow, Scotland)

Norton 360 21.0 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC) [2014 Edition] [Download]

5.0 out of 5 stars ... Norton via their subscription site and was quick and easy thanks to Bruce from London's review below on how ..., 4 Sep 2014
Much cheaper than renewing with Norton via their subscription site and was quick and easy thanks to Bruce from London's review below on how to input the activation key. As he says, if you already have a previous copy installed and your subscription has just run out, don't download the product just go to Support - Enter Product Key on your Norton control panel and you should be able to copy and paste the activation code in straight from your Amazon email. Btw, this didn't appear to work first time I tried it and I think it was because I was already in the Norton site online looking for somewhere to put the activation code - make sure you don't have this site open. Shame on Norton for charging so much to their existing customers when this product is available elsewhere at half the price!

Thanks again Bruce!

Inkjet Tattoo Paper - Clear Pack of 5 A4
Inkjet Tattoo Paper - Clear Pack of 5 A4
Offered by Homecrafts

3.0 out of 5 stars Not like the tattoos you buy ready made, 20 Sep 2013
I bought this product elsewhere but on looking at the pictures and other reviewers comments I am pretty sure it is the same stuff. Wanted to make tattoos for my daughter's birthday party but these are not going to be usable. It's more like wearing sellotape with a picture printed underneath! Thought I best test it on myself first and find the actual tattoo mildly uncomfortable but wearable. It looks a bit wrinkly and with a shiny film over it as other reviews have mentioned. I haven't been brave enough to pull it off yet (stuck to the hairs on my arms!) but it is already peeling by itself after approximately one hour of wear so I figure it will fall off by itself soon enough. On the plus side for parents, it will come off all in one piece so no scrubbing for days or mess to clean up like the other kind!

Real shame as the concept of being able to print your own tattoos is great and I know my kids would have loved it but I think if I hand these out at a party the kids will just be disappointed.

Update: After hanging on in there for a few days I have decided to update this review and improve my rating. The above comments are still applicable but the tattoo I applied did actually stay on quite firmly after the initial peeling. I still think they are too shiny but given kids love tattoos and my daughter really wants to use them for her party I will probably just give in and let her use these on this occasion. I guess the kids reaction will be the true test of whether they were fit for purpose in this instance.

Angelcare Nappy Disposal System Refill Cassettes (Pack of 3)
Angelcare Nappy Disposal System Refill Cassettes (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 4 Mar 2009
I used the tommy tippee nappy wrapper with my first child and thought it was the best baby gizmo ever but the Angelcare one is even better. Nappy wrappers are a great idea but the Tommy Tippee one had springy bits on the inside which broke off (this was 4 years ago so not sure if they have changed the design) and started to smell by the time my little one was 4/5 months old, despite using the stronger wrappers.

The Angelcare bin is a better design and so far, 5 months in there isn't a hint of odour coming from it. Am using about a cassette a month as the guide suggests so you may want to consider getting the 6 pack (or possibly 12 though this might be too many if odour does become an issue - I don't know yet!) over the 3 pack to save more cash. Given my previous experience with the tommy bin I didn't want to splash out for a load of cartridges that I might not be able to use after 4/5 months but this is already my second order of the 3 pack.

Quick update: Daughter in now nearly a year and nappy bins still going strong. Great product!

Stop Making Excuses and Start Living with Energy
Stop Making Excuses and Start Living with Energy
by Alyssa Abbey

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, useful book to get you thinking, 4 Mar 2009
Enjoyable, straightforward read that makes you think about what you want out of life. Still find it difficult to stop making the excuses but this book presents some positive ways to change your thinking to help you achieve your goals

How to Solve Cryptic Crosswords
How to Solve Cryptic Crosswords
by Kevin Skinner

4.0 out of 5 stars Great intro to the world of cryptic crosswords, 4 Mar 2009
Very happy with this little book - straightforward explanations and examples help you get to grips with the previously impossible cryptic clues .... much easier to crack these once you have a little insider knowledge. Am now working my way through the last few 'easier' crosswords before getting on to tackle the second section - already finding them considerably challenging but the book definitely gives you a head start with knowledge it would take a long time to accumulate through practice alone. Now loving the world of cryptic crosswords!!