Profile for Badgersarebold > Reviews

Vent-a-matic Cord Operated Fan 162mm Diameter Model 106
Vent-a-matic Cord Operated Fan 162mm Diameter Model 106
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly simple, retro-style extrator fan, 25 April 2016
We've recently moved into a 1950's house fitted with an old-style kitchen window extrator fan. Basically it's a whole cut in the glass with a rigid plastic fan that draws out steam out of a busy kitchen, to escape outside. A simple design, that works flawlessly. Only in the one we'd inherited had lost its internal spinning blade, and I was really keen to find a replacement. B&Q didn't have anything remotely like it, just v expensive modern electric window extractors. So I turned to an online search and quickly came across the Vent-a-Matic range of extractor fans, still made with the same basic design by a company in Torrington, North Devon. I ordered the version with the pull cord, and it arrived the following day, thanks to Amazon Prime. It took minutes to fit, and I am absolutely delighted!

Brilliant product, simple design, effective retro-style extractor fan. Highly recommended.

iPhone SE Screen Protector, Spigen Ultra-Clear Xtreme Anti-Scratch Easy-install Wing [Tempered Glass] for iPhone SE/5S/5C/5 SGP10111( Pack of 2)
Offered by Spigen

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, just make sure you align it perfectly before you apply it!, 25 April 2016
iPhone SE Screen Protector, Spigen Ultra-Clear Xtreme Anti-Scratch Easy-install Wing [Tempered Glass] for iPhone SE/5S/5C/5 SGP10111It fits my new iPhone SE perfectly and the quality of the screen is excellent.
Instructions for fitting the screen could be a little simpler. But the kit comes complete with wet and dry wipes, to ensure your phone screen is perfectly clear and clean before you apply the screen protector. The protector itself is of high quality, and providing you align it properly, it will do exactly what's required. Just make sure you fit it correctly first time; if you start lifting it up, to get rid of that air bubble (like I did), it will begin to lose its adhesiveness. Not enough to cause a problem, but I am aware that in one corner it doesn't "stick" completely to the phone screen. It doesn't bother me, and the main thing is I now have a phone with screen protector in place, so I'm happy.
My advice would be to read the instructions and take your time aligning the protector film, exactly where you want it, before you start removing the cover "film". A good product.

Dirty pro tools TM NEW BICYCLE REPAIR WORK STAND NEW DESIGN WITH QUICK RELEASE HANDLE AND CLAMP HOME CYCLE BIKE MECHANICS MOUNTAIN ROAD PROFESSIONAL
Offered by D Pro Tools UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust & Study Bike Mechanics Stand - at a Great Price, 29 July 2015
Very impressed with the quality of this Bike Stand.

Like everyone else looking for a robust, study bike stand that wouldn't break the bank, I spent a fair bit of time researching which one to go with. I'm so glad I've bought this Dirty Pro Tools stand. Quick and easy to put together, intuitively, which is always a sign of good design, that you need minimal instructions on how to get it up and running.

Delighted to say it was pretty much a doddle to complete. The only slightly fiddly thing was adding the allen-key headed bolts into the add-on tool tray in the middle of the main stand. But everything is machined just so, with no unnecessary play. The result is when its all tightened up, the stand is super steady, and surprisingly solid.

Now to prepare for its first customer...

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Four Hole Egg Poacher
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Four Hole Egg Poacher

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant egg poacher, that poaches perfectly, 22 July 2015
Very happy indeed with our new Kitchen Craft egg poacher which I bought from Harts of Stur. It poaches 4 eggs simultaneously, and to perfection. I can't believe i've waited so long to switch from swirling a raw egg into a pan of boiling water, and switched to this simpler safer and way better methods of poaching. One small issue, the central knob on the poaching insert (into which the four poaching cups sit) came adrift after the 3rd time of using. The screw simply wasn't long enough to hold the knob in place. I called Hart of Stur, and spoke to a very helpful person in customer services who investigated the issue, then called back to say they were v happy to send a replacement knob. The new knob is slightly bigger, with a longer screw, but fits perfectly into our poacher, which is now even better than before.
So overall, if you like poached eggs, or want to try them, get this poacher. Its brilliant!

Sennheiser 75527 Leatherette Earpads for HD25/HMD25/ HME25/HMEC25 Headphones
Sennheiser 75527 Leatherette Earpads for HD25/HMD25/ HME25/HMEC25 Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and cost-effective replacement headphone earpads, 22 July 2015
Excellent replacement pads for my old, but still brilliant Sennheiser HD25 Mk I headphones. The trick to get them on without too much of a fiddle is to gently pre-stretch the rubber "over-lip" with your fingers, then to systematically slip the pads over the edge of each headphone in turn, for a super-nug and perfect fit!! I'm v happy with these, well worth the tenner it cost to buy them, and put new life into my old 'phones. And much much cheaper than buying new ones.

Bausch & Lomb Boston Simplus Multi Action Solution For Rgp Lenses 120ml
Bausch & Lomb Boston Simplus Multi Action Solution For Rgp Lenses 120ml
Offered by Verdure Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplus - easy all-in-one solution for gas permeable contact lens., 17 Sept. 2014
Easy to use, all-in-one solution for rigid gas permeable contact lenses. No hassle remembering separate cleaning and soaking solutions. You have them both in one bottle. Simplus. Online prices are comparable with that I pay to my optician on a payment plan.

Spear & Jackson W223 Razorsharp Telescopic Tree Pruner
Spear & Jackson W223 Razorsharp Telescopic Tree Pruner

4.0 out of 5 stars Efficient long-reach tree lopper, 28 Jan. 2014
I bought this because I needed a telescopic lopper to reach the top branches of the willow tree in our garden that was getting just a little out of hand. I did my research and the Spear & Jackson Razorsharp was definitely the product I needed, and at a good discounted price from the online seller I purchased from. On Sunday a couple of days after delivery, we put the lopper to the test. And I[m pleased to say, it did the job really well. yes, some of the wing nuts will work lose, but they're quickly and easily tightened. And provided you get the blade firmly around the branch you want to cut, the pull cord was on the whole v effective at slicing through without too much effort. I've not yet tried the saw, but think the thicker branches (ie over about 1.5 inches diameter) will be no match for this. V pleased I bought this, and happy to recommend as a good value extending tree lopper.

Samsung Micro USB In Car Charger for Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Micro USB In Car Charger for Samsung Galaxy S3
Offered by MOBILEPARTZ

4.0 out of 5 stars Good in-Car phone charger - but cable could be longer, 17 Oct. 2013
This is great, just wish the flexible cable was a little longer, so that I didn't have to stretch it quite so far under the steering column, which I have it connected to the mobile on the car windscreen (using mobile as a Sat Nav). So far, thou, all is good :)

Samsung In-Car Vehicle Dock Kit Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3/S4 - Black
Samsung In-Car Vehicle Dock Kit Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3/S4 - Black
Offered by total digital stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mobile Phone Holder for In-Car Use, 17 Oct. 2013
Its simple to use, and really does grip the phone (without scratching) and easy to remove when you leave at the end of your journey. Whilst on the move, the Samsung In-Car Vehicle Dock does a great job of simply holding your phone, without any undue movement. Its rock steady - which is exactly what we were looking for. Yes, there are others cheaper, but this still represents excellent value for money :)

Duracell 1.5V AA Procell Battery (Pack of 10)
Duracell 1.5V AA Procell Battery (Pack of 10)
Offered by Battery Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant batteries, at a brilliant price, 11 Jun. 2013
They do exactly what you want a box of batteries to do, but bought in bulk, the unit cost is a fraction of what you'd pay in a supermarket. Very pleased with these Duracell Procell batteries.

Page: 1 | 2