Profile for J. D. Picksley > Reviews

Content by J. D. Picksley

J. D. Picksley (Sheffield, UK)

Contour ROAM2 Action Camera-1080 pixels
Contour ROAM2 Action Camera-1080 pixels

5.0 out of 5 stars Contour Out Performs expectations, 19 Jan 2013
On receiving the Contour, I was pleased with the size and obvious build quality, I'm a skier and MTB rider, so i was looking for a product that would perform in extreme conditions, this unit does just that.

The picture clarity is superb and the unit sits sturdy on its holder. It's great for recording fast motion, I've not had any blurring or frame distortion running at 60fps 720.

I recommend this for sports enthusiasts and every day use, whether it be racing or cyclists wanting to record trails or journeys in traffic. The software is simple enough to navigate and stores your recordings in a number of logical formats, if you don't download very often to the PC, then I would recommend a 32Gb mSD card.

Three Mobile Broadband Ready to Go†3GB Preloaded Data Standard†SIM for†3G Tablets

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 Mobile Broadband, 17 Oct 2011
Great product at a snip of the price, the best mobile broadband provider by far.
Only 4 stars due to the time imposed, i would have liked to have been able to use all available downlod.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2012 7:45 AM GMT

Parrot MINICar Kit SLIM UK Bluetooth Car Kit
Parrot MINICar Kit SLIM UK Bluetooth Car Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Parrot MiniKit Slim - BT Handsfree Speaker Phone, 2 Oct 2008
After initailly recieving my first unit, i had to return it, as it locked up on a regular basis. When i recieve my replacement unit, it paired and synchronised my phone book as per the instructions.

I have used the unit now for a number of weeks and am pleased with its performance, the sound is reasonably good and battery life excellent.

One slightly annoying issue is the "Voice recognition" engine, it sometimes struggles with my northern dialect and i find myself having to speak in a more electro-synthetic style to get the unit to recognise the tag.

Then i hear you say "You can record your own Voice tags".
According to the instructions and parrot's web site you can.

But i have had two of these units and neither came with Voice Tagging in the menu, so i beleive this to be a Quality Check issue in the UK 1.03V Software version.

If i'm correct the previous MiniKit version, also had an upgrade option in it's menu, mine does not.

I contacted Parrot support helpdesk about the missing Voice Tag menu and the upgrade option, they replied, saying it would appear in the software update. My concern is that i won't be able to update even with Parrots update software, because i dont have the option to put it in to upgrade mode.

I'm still rating this with 4 Stars even with the missing feature sets.