Profile for GS > Reviews

Content by GS

GS "GS"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
AmazonBasics Fixed Universal TV Wall Mount fits 26-Inch - 50-Inch (66 cm - 127 cm) Flat Panel Displays up to 200 lb (90 kg) capacity Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid stuff, 1 Sept. 2011
This really is a solid piece of kit, I ended up using my socket set to fit it to the wall as the tool supplied made for hard work ;-) Anyway, the spirit level was spot on, I used my own to double check but there was no need. I did find it difficult to get my hand behind the TV to lock the TV onto the bracket, but then I have large hands which get into the way of most things anyway. I bought this drill bit to go with the installation Faithfull Standard Masonew producty Drill 11 X 300MM

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 (Blu-ray + DVD) [2010] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Offered by Leisurezone

3.0 out of 5 stars Sitting around in tents., 1 Sept. 2011
I really think this film could have been called "Harry Potter sits around in tents looking moody" as this does take up a good proportion of the film, I think my enjoyment of the Harry Potter films has decreased as each film has been released and this one does not do the book justice - or at least I don't think they captured the mood of the book all that well. I'll still buy the next part, but only to see it all the way through if that makes sense ;-)

Paul - Limited Edition Steelbook Triple Play (Blu-ray, DVD + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Simon Pegg

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Sept. 2011
This really is an excellent film, I've not laughed so much in ages and the Pegg/Frost combination are working better than ever. The limited edition steelbook version for what is essential a couple of pound extra was well worth the money, I'd have all my film in steelbooks if I could ;-) I imagine this film will be watched by many for years to come and will become known as a classic comedy.

Sony MDR-J10L Over Ear Clip Style Headphones
Sony MDR-J10L Over Ear Clip Style Headphones

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 1 Sept. 2011
I tried these for some time before giving them away. I have largish ears and found these to be very uncomfortable after five minutes or so of wearing them. The sound quality was quite good, but the best sound quality in the world doesn't mean I can score it any higher as I could not keep them in long enough to enjoy the sound ;-)

Go the F**k to Sleep
Go the F**k to Sleep
by Adam Mansbach

5.0 out of 5 stars We don't have kids but bought it anyway ;-), 1 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
Obviously I don't see many parents buying this book to read to their kids at night, we bought it as we'd seen it mentioned online by a couple of folk and couldn't resist. It's actually quite well illustrated and well printed, it still makes me snigger flipping through it now.

DiRT 3 (PS3)
DiRT 3 (PS3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable to a point, 1 Sept. 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: DiRT 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
I've not bought a rally game for some time and picked this one once the price had dropped a bit ;-) Anyway, the graphics are good, to my eyes at least, as is the audio. I found the game play to be fun, though I get bored waiting for each part to load despite having installed the game to HD. I didn't like the gymkhana sections - too much time spent listening to tyres screeching and not enough time driving for me. I've not tried the online gaming, but then I never do so can't rate that at all either way.

Taboo (Reilly Steel 1)
Taboo (Reilly Steel 1)
by Casey Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars Started well but..., 30 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Taboo (Reilly Steel 1) (Paperback)
This is one of those books that started really well but failed to keep the momentum all the way through. I felt the main characters were quite well developed and the book certainly drew you in to the story, but as you went along there was a certain amount of predictability that crept in taking away some of the thrill and mystery which I find essential with books of this ilk. Predictability aside this book was written in a style that made you want to keep reading, and I'll certainly read the next book 'Casey Hill' comes up with. I'd have rated this book as a five star one if the early momentum had been carried on throughout ;-)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential piece of kit, 28 Aug. 2011
I've had one of these knives for a couple of years now and it has yet to let me down. It goes everywhere with me now and has proved its worth more times than I can remember. I have yet needed to sharpen the blade, in fact I use it everyday and it still feels as sharp as the day I received it. I would suggest to anyone getting one of these that the buy a case for the knife.

The Equivoque Principle (Cornelius Quaint Chronicles, Book 1)
The Equivoque Principle (Cornelius Quaint Chronicles, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 25 Aug. 2011
I was I must say quite surprised to see negative reviews for this book. I found this debut from Darren Craske to be an enjoyable read, I found the main characters were defined very well, and the darker sides of the novel were not over done (many books these days go for the shock factor by becoming to graphic in the darker details, not so with Darren). There were a couple of formatting issues with the Kindle edition which could do with amending, but other than that I would recommend this book to all.

Planet Waves Classic Celluloid Green Pearl Picks Medium Gauge - Pack of 25
Planet Waves Classic Celluloid Green Pearl Picks Medium Gauge - Pack of 25

5.0 out of 5 stars Pick of the picks, 24 Aug. 2011
This is a great pack of picks, I've now enough quality picks to carry around with me and leave in various rooms so I've always one to hand :-)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12