Profile for S. Bush > Reviews

Content by S. Bush

S. Bush

Anker® A7908 Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker with Super-Sized 4W Driver & up to 20 Hours of Playtime - Black
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with it, 3 Jan. 2015
My daughter is delighted with it. Surprising how such a small speaker can produce a reasonable sound and can be heard too!

TUFFskinz iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 Premium Quality Screen Protectors : Anti Glare Matte edition Anti finger print (2 in Pack - Front)
Offered by TUFFskinz

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protector. Perfect product, 30 Sept. 2014
Very easy to fit (with very comprehensive instructions). Found it very easy to fit without air bubbles. It looks good so far. My daughter has had hers for 10 months, and she is very pleased with hers too. Looks part of the phone, and offers protection, so what more can I say?

Finding Mr Rochester
Finding Mr Rochester

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly short, 1 May 2014
Nice enough story but didn't realise how short it was. Took me about 15 minutes to read the whole thing. Disappointing.

Sam Stern's Student Cookbook: Survive in Style on a Budget
Sam Stern's Student Cookbook: Survive in Style on a Budget
by Sam Stern

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for students, 23 Feb. 2012
I am a Sam Stern fan, so I bought this knowing that the standard of recipes are high. I haven't had a bad recipe yet, and I have probably tried just under half, which is a high percentage of recipes from one book. This book will interest people who are happy to have a go, and not those who are looking for different ways of serving beans. (although there is a recipe for beans here!).

There is a variety of recipes here, most are good value, and include traditional student grub, spag bol, cottage pie, pasta, roasts, amazing carrot cake. (best ever as far as I am concerned, with lemon). The recipes seem to be balanced, and also have suggestions for what to serve with it, and how you can vary it, which is good if you aren't keen on something or don't have it in stock.

Preparation time varies, most are pretty good and easy, a few are longer, instructions are good.

They are just the most reliable recipes I have, and as I said, they have good flavours. I noticed that Sam had a banana ice cream recipe before Jamie produced it in his 30 minute book. (frozen banana and plain yoghurt - unbelievable that something so creamy can be healthy, but you will need a food processor for this one).

I can't think of any disadvantages of this book, give it a go if you think you may enjoy a shot at cooking!

D-Link Wireless N ADSL2+ 4-Port Modem Router -DSL 2740R
D-Link Wireless N ADSL2+ 4-Port Modem Router -DSL 2740R

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 25 July 2010
Bought this N rated router for faster connection and gaming. Sent back now as it kept losing its connection, very frustrating. ISP may be part of the problem, but reconnected old Netgear DG 834G and it never has (and still doesn't) lose the connection.

Get Cooking
Get Cooking
by Sam Stern

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cookbook for everybody, 6 April 2010
This review is from: Get Cooking (Paperback)
This is a great cook book - I have all of Sam Stern's books (so far) and this is the one I have used most. I haven't found a bad recipe in it and can always find something different to do for dinner in it.

My teenage children received the books for Christmas a few years ago, and I have used them all ever since. I am obviously not a teenager and would recommend the recipes for everyone. I use far more recipes in Sam Stern's books than Delia or Jamie or any of the other well known chefs. The general rule with recipe books (I understand) is that you have a few recipes in each book you can use - it's not the case with these - there I loads I do quite regularly, and still more to try as he also suggests variations on the same recipe.

The recipes are all pretty simple to prepare and quite quick too - always a bonus.

The food is always good too - my husband is quite fussy but enjoys all the dishes I have done for him - cooking for the family has improved hugely since I got these books. Give them all a go!