Profile for Richmond Shopper > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Talking Tables Mix and Match Party Treat Cups, Pack of 20, Multi-Colour
Talking Tables Mix and Match Party Treat Cups, Pack of 20, Multi-Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute, what's not to love!, 2 April 2016
Got these for a children's party to put into lunchbox's. I want to fill them with either crisps or popcorn and want a small container that fits into the paper lunchbox's. They work perfectly and I love the colour. I am having a combined rainbow and paw patrol party theme so these are perfect for the theme too.
I got them when they were reduced to £2.50, otherwise I would struggle to justify the cost of the usual RRP around £4. I also have to say that they seem very good quality, I have been testing one little cup out for a week or two with different snacks inside and it looks perfect still.
Overall very impressed.

Girls Tie Front Bolero in Cerise 7/8 Years
Girls Tie Front Bolero in Cerise 7/8 Years
Offered by LOTMART UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Bolero is basic, but does the job and very good value, 2 April 2016
It is very hard to find bolero's for children other than expensive sequin card's in ivory. I just want a cover up for a summer dress in a matching colour and ideally in cotton not knitwear. So this cardi fits the bill. The quality, finishing and fabric are exactly as you would expect for the price. I have dropped a star only because the delivery cost is so high, taking the bolero cost to over £5, I think. So ok, still reasonable but not a complete giveaway.
Sizing is on the small side, as it often is with cheaper clothing, so I erred on the cautious and bought one size larger ( Size 7/8 for a 5 year old). It looks about right for now.
Overall, happy!

Bontempi SX4331/N Saxophone
Bontempi SX4331/N Saxophone
Offered by webstoresrl

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, an above average toy instrument, 15 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Bontempi SX4331/N Saxophone (Toy)
This is surprisingly good for a toy product. Bought for a four year old at Christmas. She has not used it that much, as too much competition from the other toys so far. But it is really quite useable and she can make clear sounds on a scale by herself.
I think it will be a slow burning hit..

2 x Set Deal of 48 Warm White LED Outdoor Battery Operated Fairy Lights by Lights4fun
Offered by Lights4fun

3.0 out of 5 stars One set worked, one failed. Jury out, 15 Jan. 2016
Well the one that worked was great over Christmas. Sadly I bought two, and the second just stopped working the first day.
Yes, I know I should have sent them back, but in the usual pre Christmas rush it was too much hassle.

2 x Set Deal of 60 Warm White LED Outdoor Battery Operated Net Lights for Topiary Balls by Lights4fun
Offered by Lights4fun

4.0 out of 5 stars Want to love them, but a bit worried about battery life, 15 Jan. 2016
initially, I thought perfect. They really do look great on my patio box plants (Fit well around a 30cm size plant), not that much light from them, but much neater than draping your own and tick the box for being on a timer, can use outdoors, warm white shade.
I got them for Christmas decorations, but with the idea of keeping all year around if they work. My track record to date on solar and LED lighting for my tiny patio garden has been abysmal. Solar lighting, just say no!
However, I have dropped a star as 2/3 weeks later, they have stopped working. I am hoping it is a battery problem (too cold outside to check!); but even so I am concerned if this is practical for the long term, It may be cheaper in the long run, to admit defeat and get an electrician in to wire up the garden and install some up-lighters.

Stick Man
Stick Man
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, especially at Christmas time, 15 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Stick Man (Paperback)
Such a lovely book, one of my favourite from Julia Donaldson. My 4 four year old daughter enjoyed it, especially the simple repetition of 'stick man oh stick beware of the.."
As an added lovely coincidence it was on BBC Christmas Day too.

Charades For Kids Game
Charades For Kids Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well thought out game for younger children., 9 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Charades For Kids Game (Toy)
Very well thought out game with images for younger children to mime to, and really simple familiar objects (like animals and pencils etc).
Bought for a 4 year old, and took it travelling to meet up with a 12 and 7 year old. All delighted to play with it.
Full marks all around

Stain Devils ORANGE Curry and Sauce Remover
Stain Devils ORANGE Curry and Sauce Remover
Offered by Next Gen International Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work on a pasta sauce stain. Not much ..., 9 Jan. 2016
Didn't work on a pasta sauce stain.
Not much more to say really, that is the only reason to buy it. I have used Stain Devils successfully in the past, so this was very disappointing.
There was an orange stain was on my daughter's polo shirt after school, so maybe I misjudged what the stain was. However, it does say clearly for ORANGE!

Jane Iredale PureLash Mascara - Agate Brown - 7g/0.25oz
Jane Iredale PureLash Mascara - Agate Brown - 7g/0.25oz

4.0 out of 5 stars I hate clumpy, sticky lashes and black is just too ..., 9 Jan. 2016
Very different mascara, much lighter and more fluid texture
I want a very natural mascara in a dark brown shade; I hate clumpy, sticky lashes and black is just too harsh for my colouring (fair, strawberry blonde)
Turns out that this is very very difficult to find. This is a good compromise as it delivers the right colour in a very nice light consistency. However, a big drawback (which is why I have dropped a star) is that is almost too natural. It doesn't seem to have brilliant staying power, so after a couple of hours you can look like you have no mascara at all.

Orla Kiely Geranium Shower Gel 250 ml
Orla Kiely Geranium Shower Gel 250 ml
Offered by The Fragrance Counter

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful fragrance, but would prefer with a pump dispenser ..., 9 Jan. 2016
Wonderful fragrance, but would prefer with a pump dispenser
I bought this as I had been given the hand cream as a gift and I loved the fragrance. I would like a pump dispenser though and just didn't notice the absence in the photo.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5