Profile for alterstill > Reviews

alterstill

Yousave LG Nexus 5 Case Black Split Leather Flip Cover
Yousave LG Nexus 5 Case Black Split Leather Flip Cover

2.0 out of 5 stars Not real leather., 16 Nov. 2013
It looks good and does the job but I don't think it is made of genuine leather. It smells horribly of glue or other chemicals. It's worth a fiver.
[...]

OP/TECH Bin/Op Strap QD for Compact Cameras and Binoculars - Black
OP/TECH Bin/Op Strap QD for Compact Cameras and Binoculars - Black
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for mirrorless., 10 Oct. 2013
I use it on Nex7 mirrorless camera system and Fuji X100 and love it. It is rather small, light, flexible and inconspicuous. It can be interchanged with OpTech wrist strap. It replaced stiff leather straps on both my camers.

Sony SEL24F18Z.AE E24mm F1.8 E-Mount Camera Lens
Sony SEL24F18Z.AE E24mm F1.8 E-Mount Camera Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Nex finest., 10 Oct. 2013
This is - in my opinion - the best Nex lens money can buy (at the time of writing this mini review: October 2013) and perhaps the only lens which can match Nex7's sensor resolution. The colour and microcontrast are simply superb. It is almost glued to my Nex7. The build quality is very good too, but since it is all metal it gets scratched quite easily. The only problem is asking price. Get it if you can afford it (and justify the purchase). But don't worry if you can't - there are excellent Sigmas 19/2.8 and 30/2.8 substitutions and strangely these happen to be one of the cheapest lenses on Nex system. Obviously build quality and the way lens feels are nowhere near this SEL24F18Z. By the way this lens is build by Sony with Zeiss branding and perhaps Quality Control.
I am not a pro, some of my images were taken with this lens and can be seen at [...] (my Tumblr photo blog).

Sony Fish Eye Converter for NEX VCLECF1 Lens
Sony Fish Eye Converter for NEX VCLECF1 Lens
Offered by HD Sales Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent value, 24 Jan. 2013
I was considering other fisheye options but this attachment seems to not only be the cheapest but also doesn't suffer from colour fringing on Next 7.
Excellent value and quality, highly recommended.
Some of my images were taken with this lens and can be seen at [...] (my Tumblr photo blog).

Sigma 30mm f/2.8 EX DN SE Mount
Sigma 30mm f/2.8 EX DN SE Mount

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money!, 11 Jan. 2013
I don't think it is possible to beat the value for money this lens represents. You can pick one for less than £100 and it's a real competition for Zeiss 24mm F1.8 costing 1/8 the price - simply astonishing. I own both and find myself using Sigma more often, since it is considerably smaller and easier to carry around. I only chose Zeiss when available light is an issue.
The only downside: different than Sony's thread size (46mm rather than 49mm) which forces you to buy an extra set of filters. Fortunately Sigma 19mm F2.8 is also 46mm and equally cheap...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2013 11:05 AM BST

Sony SEL1018 10-18mm f/4.0 Zoom Lens
Sony SEL1018 10-18mm f/4.0 Zoom Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome super wide angle lens., 11 Jan. 2013
I switched from big cumbersome Nikon to Sony Next 7 last year. I actually bought it as my second take everywhere camera but gradually I found myself using it more often than Nikon. In 99% cases the quality of Sony pictures is sufficient giving you hudge size and weight advantage. There are few lenses on the market to match the quality of that brilliant sensor: expensive Zeiss 24mm F1.8 and cheap and cheerful Sigma 30mm F2.8. What I was missing the most so far, was a super wide angle lens. Thankfully Sony came up with this new 10-18mm F4.0. It's a must have lens if you like to shot wide angles. Built quality is rock solid, picture quality matches Zeiss mentioned earlier. It takes 62mm filters.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2014 12:09 AM BST