Profile for Steaders52 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
FitBit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker - Black
FitBit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 20 Sep 2014
A brilliant little device, it goes everywhere with me tracking my movement and energy levels throughout the day. you can sync to various apps so that you can also log your food intake and your fitbit dashboard will then show calories in versus calories burned so you can see at a glance how well you are doing. once you have entered your details it suggests targets for you to aim for although you can also enter your own, messages pop up when you have achieved your targets or encouraging you to do just a bit more and it even records your sleep pattern. my only very small criticism is that there were no set up instructions with the device, you have to log in and register and follow the on screen directions which is fine but some brief guidelines in the box would have been useful.

Snugg iPad 2 Leather Case in 'Distressed' Brown Flip Stand Cover with Elastic Hand Strap and Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior Automatically Wakes and Puts the Apple iPad 2 to Sleep
Offered by TheSnugg

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 April 2014
Was given this as a present and I love it. Sturdier than the several cheaper ones that I have had previously and very comfortable to use

Sworn Secret
Sworn Secret

4.0 out of 5 stars a page turner, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sworn Secret (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book, the characters, who start out as shady outlines are developed with sensitivity and insight and made me want to read on.

The Outcast Dead: A Ruth Galloway Investigation
The Outcast Dead: A Ruth Galloway Investigation

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable read, 22 Mar 2014
A bit slow to start but it picked up and overall I enjoyed the book. I have read all the books in the series and hope there's more to come for Ruth and co.

The End of Winter:  A Crime Thriller
The End of Winter: A Crime Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 15 Feb 2014
Bought his because I had enjoyed Redemption Blues and was hooked from the start. The writing is so clear it builds and runs like a film in my mind, bringing the characters alive along with the locations so that whenever I stopped reading I couldn't wait to get back. Brilliant, thank you Mr Griggs.

Redemption Blues:  A Crime Thriller
Redemption Blues: A Crime Thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars very enjoyable, 11 Feb 2014
Bought this book as it was on offer and had good reviews and am glad I did. On the whole the characters were well drawn and the storyline kept my interest. Will certainly read more by this author.

In the Woods
In the Woods

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable read, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: In the Woods (Kindle Edition)
I read the Likeness first which took the edge off a little as I already knew how the various relationships would work out but once again I found the writing drew me in, I could picture the characters and locations quite clearly and although I has my suspicions I did not foresee the ending. I didn't think it was quite as enthralling as the Likeness but enjoyed it enough that I have just bought the Faithful Place to read next.

The Likeness
The Likeness

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Likeness (Kindle Edition)
I had previously listened to Broken Harbour and enjoyed it so decided to give this a try and couldn't put it down, I love the writing, the slow pace of the story telling that gradually pulls you in and has you hooked. I'm looking forward to reading more by the author and would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes their crime thrillers to have a good story and not too much grisly detail.

Cruel Justice (Justice series Book 1)
Cruel Justice (Justice series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable read, 27 Sep 2013
I enjoyed this book and its characters enough to buy the second in the series as soon as I finished it. Could have done with slightly less graphically depicted violence but that's just a personal thing, also felt some things were a bit rushed, such as abrupt changes of character but I am being picky now as overall I found the book entertaining and enjoyable and am looking forward to starting the second one.

Jubilee (A DI Traynor Investigation Book 1)
Jubilee (A DI Traynor Investigation Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read spoiled, 17 Aug 2013
Really enjoyed the book, good storyline, believable characters but spoiled by really poor editing. So many typos, poor grammar which may or may not be due to reliance on spell checker and the most irritating of all, double spacing! Perhaps this e book is a proof copy hence the very low price but I would prefer to pay a reasonable price for a finished article, I would read this author again but will keep my fingers crossed for a more polished edition next time
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2013 8:55 AM BST