Profile for KarenD > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Very Best Of Jake Thackray
The Very Best Of Jake Thackray

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy memories, 21 April 2012
I remember Jake from That's Life years ago. This collection of his songs both funny and sad is such a good listen. I love his lugubrious voice, so droll and so very Northern! Happy listening!

Phonetically Speaking - And Don't Forget The Piano!
Phonetically Speaking - And Don't Forget The Piano!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious but not easy to hear, 16 Mar 2012
I really enjoyed this cd! Today I ordered a DVD of Victor Borge so I can see what is going on - I think I'll enjoy that even more. On balance, I do think you miss quite a bit just on audio.

Norwegian Sweater Techniques for Today's Knitter
Norwegian Sweater Techniques for Today's Knitter
by Therese Chynoweth

5.0 out of 5 stars New ideas, 27 Dec 2011
I bought this book to find different techniques for steeking fairisle, and although I haven't tried any of the patterns yet, I certainly will be! I love the idea of knitting facings in as you go.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sensitive eyes, 24 Nov 2011
I thought I'd try this mascara because other makes, even expensive ones, irritate my eyes and make them feel gritty. I wear contact lenses. I can honestly say this is the most comfortable mascara I have ever used, so I think a 5 star rating is justified even if it is strange to remove (though no harder than waterproof mascara). Thanks to everyone who reviewed this as those reviews encouraged me to try it!

EMARTBUY HTC HERO GEL SKIN COVER/CASE CLEAR + SCREEN PROTECTOR
EMARTBUY HTC HERO GEL SKIN COVER/CASE CLEAR + SCREEN PROTECTOR
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Snug fit, 11 Sep 2011
Good fit on my phone, excellent value! Protects from bumps etc, and a screen protector too, what more can I say

Knitter's Guide to Hand-Dyed & Variegated Yarn, The
Knitter's Guide to Hand-Dyed & Variegated Yarn, The
by Lorna Miser

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed with great ideas, 24 July 2011
Having bought some Noro Silk yarn I was puzzling over how to avoid horrible colour transitions and pooling, when I saw this book in an article in The Knitter. I ordered it straight away and found the book crammed with excellent ideas on how to knit with variegated yarn.

Thoroughly recommended!

OtterBox Defender Case for iPad 2 - Black/Clear
OtterBox Defender Case for iPad 2 - Black/Clear
Offered by Gadget_Boy

5.0 out of 5 stars Armour plating for the iPad, 24 July 2011
I have had mine now for 2 months, and can absolutely recommend it to anyone who transports their iPad around for use in the car or outdoors, as it really is armour plating!

An additional bonus is that the front cover allows you to use it to prop up the iPad and this makes it easier to type on it and use all sorts of apps.

Great buy.

MediaDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) - Apple iPad 2/3/4 (2nd Generation / 3rd Generation / 4th Generation) - (2 x Screen Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick!, 12 July 2011
I followed other users' hints and applied the screen protector in the bathroom after running a hot shower. Even though my iPad has a large screen to cover, I managed to get all but one edge bubble free. That edge is itself covered by my iPad casing, so no probs! The anti glare is very welcome. Good product!

Vintage Modern Knits: Contemporary Designs Using Classic Techniques
Vintage Modern Knits: Contemporary Designs Using Classic Techniques
by Courtney Kelley

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration galore!, 13 May 2011
I bought this book because of the yoked sweater on the front page, but I found that there were many other lovely patterns inside too! I think I will be adapting quite a few of these ideas. The yarns used are US ones and I'm not sure of any equivalents here, but I love adapting anyway so this isn't a problem.

A very exciting read because of the unusual techniques!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6