Profile for Ms. S. L. Bamford > Reviews

Content by Ms. S. L. Bamford

Ms. S. L. Bamford "Obsessive collector" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Official DSA Complete Theory Test Kit - 2013 (PC/Mac)
The Official DSA Complete Theory Test Kit - 2013 (PC/Mac)
Offered by Driving Success

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and infuriating., 18 Jan. 2015
I found this software infuriating. On the morning of my theory test I wanted to practice certain sections once more, but had to provide a password/code to demonstrate that I had completed other sections. As I had misplaced the code I could not practice the components I wished to, and had to instead seek free online programmes, completely defeating the object of buying what was essentially a rather expensive DVD.

I would recommend cheaper or free software or apps with which you could achieve exactly the same, perhaps minus the headache!

Catherine Lansfield Chunky Knit Throw - Charcoal
Catherine Lansfield Chunky Knit Throw - Charcoal

3.0 out of 5 stars Lack durability., 18 Jan. 2015
I was very surprised by how light this throw was when it arrived, as the picture made it look thicker, and thus weightier. In reality, these are quite attractive looking throws, but very flimsy and prone to catching. I have two, and within a day both had loose threads. This was through very light use by my husband and I. I purchased these to cover my light coloured fabric sofa to protect it from staining etc when wearing dark clothes or when children are visiting. They are quite small, and it takes two to cover my two seater sofa.

Overall, I am quite disappointed by the way their lack of durability. The same can be said of the matching cushions.

Yabbyou Solid Oak Mirror Bevelled Glass 102cm by 72cm In Stock
Yabbyou Solid Oak Mirror Bevelled Glass 102cm by 72cm In Stock

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful mirror, excellent packaging, great customer service., 18 Jan. 2015
A beautiful mirror, exactly as pictured, with a heavy oak frame and bevelled glass. The customer service involved in this purchase was fantastic, with a call from Cameron offering advice on how to hang the mirror, and confirming the best day for delivery. The mirror itself arrived on the agreed day, and was so well packaged that my (rather childish) husband was able to entirely mummify me in bubble-wrap as he unwrapped it. (I had great fun jumping on this, thereafter!). A very lovely addition to our home, which also complements the Corona furniture range.

Chunky Knit Cushion, Charcoal
Chunky Knit Cushion, Charcoal

3.0 out of 5 stars Catches easily., 18 Jan. 2015
These are far more grey than the picture suggests. They are very attractive, but also extremely prone to catching and stretching. I have these on my sofa and they very quickly looked older than they were, with just myself and my husband using them, and infrequently at that. They may need to be used for decoration only, and removed rather than used as cushions traditionally are, when sitting on the sofa. Similarly, the throw in this range is extremely prone to catches.

Paoletti Aran Pure Cotton Cable Knit Cushion Cover, Charcoal, 55 x 55 Cm
Paoletti Aran Pure Cotton Cable Knit Cushion Cover, Charcoal, 55 x 55 Cm
Offered by HARVEY HACKNER LINENS ESTABLISHED 1977

4.0 out of 5 stars HUGE., 18 Jan. 2015
These are very pretty, and also HUGE! I purchased a cushion pad larger than 22" and am glad I did, as the cover was still slightly baggy. I would definitely recommend doing this. Unfortunately, these are slightly prone to catching. They are likely more decorative than functional, but overall a lovely complement to my sofa and décor, and a good purchase.

2 X STUNNING SILVER GREY ARAN CABLE KNIT 100% COTTON 22" THICK HEAVYWEIGHT CUSHION COVERS
Offered by PCJ SUPPLIES

4.0 out of 5 stars HUGE., 18 Jan. 2015

Sybil Exposed: The Extraordinary Story Behind the Famous Multiple Personality Case
by Debbie Nathan

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but subjective., 18 Jan. 2015
This is an interesting companion to "Sybil", providing a different vantage point for the events of the book. It was fascinating to read about the relationships between the three women, and to see how thinly veiled Shirley Mason's identity was, in the original work. However, this could not be perceived as an objective evaluation of the book. Nathan's style suggests a contempt for both Schreiber and Wilbur, and a sense that all three of the women were out for themselves. Overall, the book raises the valid question of how well psychiatric diagnoses will withstand the test of time, and the potential for harm in treating clients/patients. An entertaining read, but a subjective one.

Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deliciously offensive, 18 Jan. 2015
This game is guaranteed to bring out the worst in everyone. Some of the combinations of black and white cards are incredible and unforgettable. If you prefer to toe the line, is also possible to win without being offensive if you have a witty enough audience! Coming from a family with a very dark sense of humour, this quickly became a favourite for every occasion, and resulted in me buying my mother her own pack for Christmas! Not for the easily offended, and definitely not suitable for children.

Emily and the Leap
Emily and the Leap
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Reminiscent of Grey's Anatomy, 2 Mar. 2014
I discovered this programme when perusing the free programmes on Amazon Prime, and was happily surprised by it. Despite the name and picture being slightly suggestive of chick-flick TV, it made for quite entertaining viewing. Emily's internal monologue introduces gentle humour, as does her relationship with the rather interesting Tyra, and on-going competition with rival Cassandra. There is a mix of drama (the treatment of patients), romance (the rather clichéd love-triangle) and comedy (plenty of misunderstandings) all of which make this easy viewing. I watched every episode in the space of two days, and am disappointed to find this is the only season, as I would have happily sought more episodes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2014 7:01 AM GMT

Kitchen Craft Cooking Thermometer
Kitchen Craft Cooking Thermometer
Offered by Indiabazaar

1.0 out of 5 stars Glass tip shattered on first use, 23 Feb. 2013
The tip of this broke on first use. The glass seemed to have melted a little, and a large piece shattered into what I was making. Useless, and moreover, dangerous. Not fit for purpose.

Page: 1 | 2