Profile for Moo > Reviews

Moo

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars one of taylor of old bonds best., 17 Oct. 2014
I've been through a lot of Taylor's products and I this is one of my favourites up there with Jermyn street.

It doesn't smell that impressive out the tub, it smells soapy and generally not that complex, but when warmed up and produced into warm thick creamy lather which it very well produces indeed, many notes of spices and ginger come out the woodwork. The lather also, is quite thick compared to other Taylor creams, most notably my last tub, shaving shop, although very perfumy and a good smeller Mr Taylors produces a much creamier lather and I prefer that.

Although not as suitable for sensitive skin as Rose or Jermyn street, this is worth your interest if your last tub of shaving cream is starting to run out...

4 Pairs Mens or Womens Large Merino Wool Blend Outdoor Walking Hiking Socks
4 Pairs Mens or Womens Large Merino Wool Blend Outdoor Walking Hiking Socks
Offered by Cambrian Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth, 17 Oct. 2014
Really good socks, if your shoes fit right it's as if you're walking on air.

I've got size 11 feet UK and these fit snug, and keep me very warm especially when cycling.

Learn a few lessons from these socks while you can, go for socks with 60%+ wool in them with elastic properties from other materials and you can't really go wrong. I'd definitely 100% see these socks being sold at a camping/hiking store due to their performance.

at £5 per pair that's pretty steep, but tbh when I've dropped the money and then looked back at them, I'd consider it well worth it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2015 10:37 AM GMT

DIGITAL KITCHEN PROBE THERMOMETER FOOD COOKING BBQ MEAT STEAK TURKEY WINE JAM
DIGITAL KITCHEN PROBE THERMOMETER FOOD COOKING BBQ MEAT STEAK TURKEY WINE JAM
Offered by Gold Leave

3.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable for the price., 17 Oct. 2014
Very slow reading with ugly and difficult to read display, and it took 2 and a bit weeks to get here.
Which is pretty slow for a HK delivery IMO I've definitely had faster on ebay. (which I'm guessing it was)

Thermometer arrives in a tube, so that will be it's ad hoc cover and storage for the time being.

As an example the thermometer takes about half a minute to fully adjust, 10-20 seconds for a rough adjustment so for cooking certain meals by the MINUTE and if you need temperature readings right now and not in the next half a minute it's a real pain; so avoid.

so on that I recommend you spend more or atleast avoid this model, I've bought thermometers less than £10 from china before, sure they break but at least they were snappier than this.

Also, I LOVE the stock image, it blatantly shows some already cooked meat roasting ontop of a grill, yet the thermometer shows that the meat is 26C, quite a cold grill you got there. Although then again that's realistic because of how long it takes to process it's no longer room temperature.

Flexi Classic Long Leash, Medium, Red, 20kg 7m
Flexi Classic Long Leash, Medium, Red, 20kg 7m

5.0 out of 5 stars Kappa, 3 Sept. 2014
best dog leash EU

AVAX DT-7 - Digital LCD Food Thermometer Kitchen Cooking Probe for Wine, Food, Meat, Steak, Turkey, BBQ, Yerba Mate, etc. - Temperature range: -50C to 300C / -58F to 572F - (tube packaging and a protective cap included for better protection) - Battery Included
Offered by WowBox UK (EU-wide shipping)

1.0 out of 5 stars rest in pieces, 3 Sept. 2014
Died after 8 months of noble use, it persists that current temperatures in and throughout my kitchen are currently at -36C but this is impossible since I have been paying my gas bill.

Even replacing the batteries could not convince this thermometer that my house is not under arctic conditions and I am unable to get a replacement because this is not the same seller.

Fentimans D and elion and Burdock 275 ml (Pack of 12)
Fentimans D and elion and Burdock 275 ml (Pack of 12)
Offered by 2BearStepsPrime

3.0 out of 5 stars trashy price, 26 May 2014
Ordered this a while back and we all know this cola is the most intense cola in Britain FYI

But I'm just coming back to buy more. Noticed the price is now insanely beyond reason, that's £28 for 12 bottles with delivery, £2.33 per bottle, around what you'd pay in a cafe with a mark up.

I bought it back when it was £14 or so with free delivery, decent deal, now? I feel sorry for the saps falling for it, super markets are a million times cheaper then this now, same with a lot of good drinks on Amazon such as Bundaberg. (I even bloody checked, it's cheaper in Fenwick's, FENWICKS for bloody sake!)

So yeah, price is literally double what it used to be, and Amazon is being slaughtered as a food retailer.

Gg no re

Confidence Deluxe Bike Repair Stand - Black
Confidence Deluxe Bike Repair Stand - Black
Offered by The Sports HQ

4.0 out of 5 stars It's an alright stand, 21 May 2014
but I can't stand the front bike support, easily the most useless and futile balancing act Ive had to witness but I'll admit for £30 the stand part of it works fine (exceptional even for the price range), just get used to working on the bike at a slant if you cant get the telescopic pole with added ..rubber..straps to keep the bike straight on the stand (which for 90% jobs is no problem at all).

I attach my bike via the seat tube since I'll probably crush my frame knowing my luck, if you mounted the bike at the point of balance it you wont need the support ..thing.

Still worth the money though so unless you see another bike stand which has a very firm front support and isnt just a tube with hard to use rubber straps, then 9/10 I'm betting it's gonna be like this one (with useless rubber straps since they'll come from the same factory) and for £30 its the cheapest and exactly like the ones a few quid more. Truly stable professional equipment for example operates well above £100 so you see my point, so buy this and sort your gears out.

or whatever

Draper 28759 DIY Series Ratchet Screwdriver and Bit Set (14 Pieces)
Draper 28759 DIY Series Ratchet Screwdriver and Bit Set (14 Pieces)

4.0 out of 5 stars sticky, 26 April 2014
That bloody stickers adhesive on the shaft end, I bathed the stuff in 99% isopropyl alcohol and its still clinging on for dear life

Other than that it's good to get working on my bike again. Very bottom heavy tool but I don't mind
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2014 6:58 PM BST

Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 780 OC 3GB Fan PCI-E Graphics Card
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 780 OC 3GB Fan PCI-E Graphics Card

5.0 out of 5 stars very strong card, 26 April 2014
When you get it there's little extra way in overclocking, but you can get quite a lot more out of the ram which isn't overclocked.

Very happy with performance gain, no hiccups at all. Definitely worth the money.

Beats the r9 290 for example, only slight about this card is the 400w + power usage especially when oc'd.

Sapphire AMD R9 290 TRI-X OC Graphics Card (4GB, HDMI, PCI-E)
Sapphire AMD R9 290 TRI-X OC Graphics Card (4GB, HDMI, PCI-E)

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad AMD, BAD, 22 April 2014
RMA'd twice, these cards are completely incompatible with the NF200 chip I have in my motherboard which is outrageous, you buy an expensive car you buy expensive tyres and these cards dont work in top end motherboards with this chip, check yourself if you have that chip.

Either that or I got two faulty elpida vram cards in a row (Yes there's also a correlation between cards with elpida ram and faults) which is horrendous in its own right.

--read update in comments.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2014 6:17 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6