Profile for tymo > Reviews

Content by tymo

tymo

WMicroUK Top Quality Airbrush Kits,Airbrush Equipment,0.2+0.3+0.5mm 7cc Airbrush Set 130K
Offered by SHiZAK

4.0 out of 5 stars ... airbrush and for what you pay is not too bad. It comes with hose and extra needles so ..., 6 May 2016
This is a basic airbrush and for what you pay is not too bad. It comes with hose and extra needles so that is a bonus. I would always recommend that you buy the best airbrush that you can afford and bear in mind that you can pay hundreds of pounds for quality airbrushes. But for a budget airbrush this model is ok for an entry level or novice.

Citizen Emperor: Napoleon in Power 1799-1815 (Napoleon Vol 2)
Citizen Emperor: Napoleon in Power 1799-1815 (Napoleon Vol 2)
by Philip Dwyer

2.0 out of 5 stars He was raised in Estonia as a Lutheran and like many of the Baltic nobility could speak German, 3 Feb. 2016
I saw this book in a second hand book shop and picked it up as I was looking for something to read on the Napoleonic era now that the BBC are dramatising War and Peace. I turned straight to the war of 1812 and lo and behold spotted straightaway the sentence that 'Barclay de Tolly and Bagration were both of German descent'. Anyone who has studied the war of 1812 will know that Prince Michael Andreas Barclay, the Russian Field Marshall and commander of the 1st Russian Army of the West was of SCOTTISH descent from the clan Barclay of Aberdeenshire.He was raised in Estonia as a Lutheran and like many of the Baltic nobility could speak German. As for Pyotr Bagration, it is very well known that he was a GEORGIAN prince and General of the Russian Imperial Army and fatally wounded at Borodino. He is mentioned in War and Peace. Also,quite why they needed to insert 200 pages of footnotes I have no idea. The Peninsular war is totally ignored and while it is true Napoleon did not take direct part in the campaign and relied on his generals to fight it for him (one of the reasons he probably lost) I find this omission totally baffling for a book about one of history's greatest military commanders.

Qualtex Hepa Filter Kit for Vax Power 3/4/5/6 and Power Pet 3/4/5
Qualtex Hepa Filter Kit for Vax Power 3/4/5/6 and Power Pet 3/4/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2015
Works with my Vax hoover so very happy. Quick efficient service.

Airfix 1:72 Scale Dornier DO17z Model Kit
Airfix 1:72 Scale Dornier DO17z Model Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderfully detailed high quality kit, 15 April 2015
A wonderfully detailed high quality kit. One of Airfix's best new releases and a new moulding, it's very good value. I spent a couple enjoyable weeks building it. The main problem I had was the canopy area which had lots of glazing. I found it difficult to fit to the fuselage. In the end, I decided not to mask the canopy as I was worried the fit wasnt perfect to airbrush and so hand-painted it all instead. My sanity and sight are still here-just! Still very pleased with the end result. Bear in mind the plastic is a bit on the thin side and needs to be handled carefully, dont use too much glue, especially on the leading edges.However, dont let any of that put you off, buy this kit if you are an avid modeller like me and you wont regret it.

High Voltage
High Voltage

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Dec. 2014
This review is from: High Voltage (Audio CD)
Rock n Roll doesnt come any better than this. Bon Scott the greatest voice in rock ever.

Moonlight Over Moscow
Moonlight Over Moscow
Offered by KAOZI168 Classical_ ''Dispatch From London within 1 day ''

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite is 'Song of Ukraine', 4 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Moonlight Over Moscow (Audio CD)
Some classics and some not so well known Russian songs. My favourite is 'Song of Ukraine', with the words taken from Shevchenko's Kobzar. Always moves me to tears when I hear it. But then I am of Ukrainian descent.

Powerage
Powerage

5.0 out of 5 stars the greatest voice ever in rock, 4 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Powerage (Audio CD)
Some classic tracks with Bon Scott lead, the greatest voice ever in rock!

VIKING PANZERS
VIKING PANZERS
by Ewald Klapdor

1.0 out of 5 stars Viking Regiment?, 23 Aug. 2011
This review is from: VIKING PANZERS (Hardcover)
OK I admit I havent read this book yet, but I see there's quite a gaffe on the front cover. Viking is described as the 5 SS tank regiment, whereas in fact of course it was a DIVISION. The Viking was originally called Germania, formed in 1940, the first foreign Division in the Waffen-SS. It was upgraded to SS-Panzergrenadier-Division Wiking in November 1942, and finally designated in 1943 as 5.SS-Panzer-Division Wiking, when it became a fully fledged panzer Division. Ok I realise its just one of those silly mistakes but to see it on the front cover does make you wonder. I also see the previous reviewer refers to the Viking as a tank regiment. For such a well-known formation its hard to comprehend how such a mistake can have been made.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2016 1:08 AM BST