Profile for Rachel > Reviews

Ash
Ash
by James Herbert

1.0 out of 5 stars My first James Herbert....., 29 April 2013
This review is from: Ash (Paperback)
...and very much my last. I had heard about him on the radio and they said that his books would scare the bejesus out of the reader etc. So I ventured to purchase his latest novel (and regretfully as a library user I decided to buy instead of loan).
Well, I can honestly say, if James Herbert has made millions out of writing like this then I am in the wrong career! An unusual though perhaps clever idea idea for a storyline which is poorly executed in my opinion. The characters are bizarre to say the least and you really have no attachment to anyone. I have about 10 chapters to go before I finish it and I am very much looking forward to not having to suffer this every night!

Samsung Notebook Style Flip Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 - Chrome/Blue
Samsung Notebook Style Flip Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 - Chrome/Blue
Offered by Handyparadise UK (Tax included)

3.0 out of 5 stars Much better item on eBay at a tiny price!, 16 Jan. 2013
I am not the seller of these on eBay but have ordered 2 of these and they are great quality at a fraction of the price of this one. They fit the S3 perfectly and hold a couple of cards. Check out -

[...]

Sanita Hein Open Black
Sanita Hein Open Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Clog, 7 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Sanita Hein Open Black (Apparel)
These clogs are good quality and very comfortable. I find them true to size and roomy as clogs are supposed to be.

Life in the Cat's Lane (Pets Diaries)
Life in the Cat's Lane (Pets Diaries)
by A.S. Cat

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit slow but okay...., 21 Aug. 2008
I like this book but I am half way through now and getting bored. It is all a bit 'samey'. I am persisting in the hope that it will improve but it is rather slow going. Clever idea to make it diary form by the cat but it could have been half the length.

C'est La Folie
C'est La Folie
by Michael Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbe!, 26 Jan. 2008
This review is from: C'est La Folie (Paperback)
I had never heard of Michael Wright prior to reading this book as 'one doesn't take the Telegraph'! However, it is a gorgeous little book about upping sticks and going for a complete change of life in France. It is warm, sad, funny and makes me want to get on a ferry right now! I am very much looking forward to a sequel which I believe is in the pipeline.

Pure Evil
Pure Evil
by Maureen Harvey

2.0 out of 5 stars Biased & Bitter, 26 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Pure Evil (Hardcover)
Yes, I feel sorry for anyone who loses a child, no matter how it happens. And I feel sorry for Maureen Harvey. But this book is so biased and full of little inaccuracies it is annoying ('Tracie held my hand at the press conference and I couldn't believe it' - NO - you took her hand Maureen) There are lots more of this sort of thing scattered though out the book and it becomes spot the 'dig' (at Tracie) or lie about events. Lee was not the angel she tries to portray here, he and Tracie were both as bad as each other. Even the title of this book is OTT. I believe that Christine Challand probably wrote most of this with very little input from Maureen and tried to turn it into some sort of crime novel based on a few facts. I gave 2 stars for interestingness - get it from the library instead.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2010 2:49 PM GMT

Murder Most Fab
Murder Most Fab
by Julian Clary

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear!, 7 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Murder Most Fab (Hardcover)
I thought I would really like this book as, even though I would not call myself a fan, I certainly like Mr Clary as an entertainer and tv personality. However, I thought this book was, in two words, plain silly. The story had no depth and was completely unbelievable in every aspect. The only reason I carried on reading it was to find out what happened to JD at the end, I was hoping for something nasty for wasting my time! I am relieved that I got my copy from the library and did not waste my money.