Profile for I CUMMINS > Reviews

Content by I CUMMINS

I CUMMINS

Page: 1 | 2
The Satanic Rites Of Dracula DVD Region 2 Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing (Import)
Offered by wmdservices

3.0 out of 5 stars THE SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA echo bridge entertainment plays R2 87 mins, 28 Dec. 2014
Arrived in good time . Different cover than one I thought I was buying . R2 plays ok . Picture ok not brilliant . Didn't like the platinum disc corporation logo appearing a few times in the bottom right of the screen while it was playing . As it is difficult to get this film on R2 or B2 it will do me for now . This is the uncut version , that's one good thing about it . Lets just hope one day they will bring a decent uncut Blu ray of this as it is way overdue . You can get all the other hammer Dracula films , so why this is hard to get I don't know . I like this film the final time we see Cushing and Lee in a Dracula film .

The Ten Commandments [Blu-ray] [1956] [Region Free]
The Ten Commandments [Blu-ray] [1956] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Charlton Heston

5.0 out of 5 stars EPIC, 3 Aug. 2014
This looks great in blu ray . Best ive seen it . Film is spread over 2 discs . A must if you like a biblical epic .

The Untouchables [Blu-ray] [1987]

Phantom of the Opera (1962) Blu-Ray
Phantom of the Opera (1962) Blu-Ray
Dvd ~ Herbert Lom

3.0 out of 5 stars Phantom, 3 Aug. 2014
Quite a good film in the hammer series . I only gave this 3 stars as it looked more like dvd quality than blu ray . Shame should have been better .

Clint Eastwood - 4-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [1964]
Clint Eastwood - 4-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [1964]
Dvd ~ Clint Eastwood

5.0 out of 5 stars CLINT EASTWOOD 4 FILM BOXSET BLU RAY, 8 July 2014
This review is for the blu ray Clint Eastwood 4 film collection . Containing A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS / FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE / THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY / HANG EM HIGH . The print on these is far superior to the dvds on all 4 films . The sound is great too . I cannot believe some reviews of these films . Of course these films are dubbed the first 3 are " SPAGHETTI WESTERNS " . In the good the bad and the ugly blu ray is a version I had not seen before with a extra 15 mins ish put back into it .The best film in this box set for me by far . Loads of extras on first 3 films . No extras on 4 th . Im glad I got it .

House of Wax [Blu-ray] [1953] [US Import]
House of Wax [Blu-ray] [1953] [US Import]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars HOUSE OF WAX 3D, 29 Jun. 2014
I had only seen this this film in 2D in the past .I decided to upgrade to blu ray 3D . I was not disappointed . Any fan of old horror films should have this in their collection . Remember this is 60 years old . Good transfer to blu ray for its age . This is how 3D should be . Great depth to it . Really works in the chase scene through the misty streets . And only comes out to the viewer when it needs to . Great film making . A lot of the 3D blu rays I have bought over the last few years could learn from this but have not . The picture is in pillar box style rather than top and bottom . So the picture is not affected from is original format . The film its self is great . Price at his best ! Special features inc . House of wax doc . and the 1933 version of this film Mystery of the wax museum .

Jurassic Park [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Jurassic Park [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Sam Neill

5.0 out of 5 stars "3D 9 MONTHS IN THE MAKING", 24 Dec. 2013
I was dubious about buying this as I have had it on vhs and dvd then blu ray . So why purchase this again . Well I must say it was well worth it . Unlike some of the 3D blu rays I have got the 3D here works well . Time has been taken 9 months according to Mr Spielberg . This has made a great film even greater .

Centennial [UK DVD] [1978]
Centennial [UK DVD] [1978]
Dvd ~ Richard Chamberlain
Offered by Wowudo

4.0 out of 5 stars centennial epic drama, 18 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Centennial [UK DVD] [1978] (DVD)
I had never seen this . This is a good mini series . Well acted and a good cast . This is well set up and you really care for most of the characters (Where a lot of todays film and tv fail)and their stories . It maybe a little long drawn out at times and keeps showing scenes from the past towards the end . Approx 20 hours of viewing inc. bonus feature memories of centennial . If you like mini series like Shogun , Shaka zulu ,Thorn birds you should like this . Fairly priced for this 6 disc set . A realy enjoyable watch .

Jack the Giant Killer  [1962] [DVD]
Jack the Giant Killer [1962] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kerwin Mathews
Offered by Home Entertainment Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Giant killer, 8 Nov. 2012
I enjoyed this film , i had never seen it before and i am a fan of this type of movie .Yes it hasn't the budget that The 7th voyage of sinbad had .They work with what they had in the day and i like it for that .

The Peter Cushing Collection [DVD]
The Peter Cushing Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Cushing

4.0 out of 5 stars Cushing Collection, 4 Nov. 2012
I will start by saying i am a massive fan of peter cushing and have been for years . I would also buy any film on dvd/blu-ray that i dont have in my collection . So i was pleased to see this box set as i dont have two of these films and one i have never even seen .This is a good little boxset even though there are better film cushing made . Cushing made a lot of films where he was billed as the main star i guess to sell the film in its day .Disc 1 And now the screaming starts Cushing dosnt appear in this film till 47 mins into it and is then it to the end .Disc 2 Asylum this is one of those films that i like with little storys within Cushing appears in one of the stories .Disc 3 The flesh and the fiends is the best film in here for me cushing is in it throughout and a very good performance by donald pleasence and for me steals the show . Disc 4 The hellfire club Cushing appears about three times in this film and not for more than about ten minutes in the whole film . This film cannot be classed as a horror film . But i found it amusing even though it is weak . I had never seen it before though very tame and of its day . I enjoyed this boxset at a decent price .
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2012 9:15 PM GMT