Profile for Sarah > Reviews

Sarah (Midlands)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Fiskars Servo Grass Shear
Fiskars Servo Grass Shear

3.0 out of 5 stars it is useful to have both a vertical and horizontal cutting mechanism ..., 15 Jun. 2016
OK - first things first - I can see why this item has mixed reviews: I think purchasers were expecting a cross between the hefty and substantial hand shears and up-right edging shears - and these shears are not hefty in any way. They are in fact very light-weight, which of course is a bonus for those with limited mobility either in their hands or when bending. They are definitely a snip-snip affair, rather than chop-chop, but they do cut the grass very well. For those used to using a both-hand slicing motion with traditional shears, these shears present a completely different approach which does take some getting used to. They cut well as the blades are very sharp, so be careful when rotating (make sure the lock is on). The long plastic handle is hollow to allow a home for the cord that pulls the blade back and forth. The right hand blade is fixed, meaning only the left hand blade moves - this is where I think these shears are not quite right for left-handers. The moving blade is on the left - therefore it is the only one that moves, so if you hold the shears with your left hand, then that moving blade would be against an edge, (whether edging along or up and down) so if you are edging against a wall or step for example, there is no-where for that left blade to move, so you have to use your right hand and run the fixed blade (the right hand blade) against the edge, leaving the moving blade free to snip. Hope that’s clear! Yes you can hold the handle with either hand, but when it comes to the actual cutting motion, it favours right-handers. I know this as we need both left and right-handed scissors in our house and as any left hander will tell you, there is a difference!
I have given it three stars as the product does cut, it is sharp, it is useful to have both a vertical and horizontal cutting mechanism in one tool, and it is lightweight. Be aware though, it is nowhere near the same as traditional single shears and you will need a completely different approach when using it.

Mineral Foundation Vegan Makeup Powder - Unique 4 IN 1 MF2 Shade 100% Natural Multipurpose Full Coverage For All Skin Types - Foundation, Concealer, Powder & Sunscreen In a 9gr Jar
Offered by Gaya Cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, 11 April 2016
Soft, easy to apply, lasts a long time. Have bought a brush to apply it evenly and it goes on a treat - clever little filter thing on the inside of the pot with little holes in it, so you can't apply too much on one go. No strange tingly feeling on my skin (I have Very sensitive skin!) so can wear it with confidence. Keeps shine away for a several hours. I have number 2, which is very pale.

GIFT WITH PURCHASE - INIKA Whisper Eyeshadow 1.2 g
GIFT WITH PURCHASE - INIKA Whisper Eyeshadow 1.2 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye eye!, 11 April 2016
This is absolutely lovely. At first glance, it looks very pale, but when on, has a lovely shimmery depth to it. I would imagine it would suit any skin tone as it is very subtle. It is silky, smooth, and soft - and so far no irritation to my eyes. Great stuff.

Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g
Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g
Offered by Thornit Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars ... ear mites away from four cats is a bit like eating an ice cream in the shower, 11 April 2016
This review is from: Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g (Misc.)
Keeping ear mites away from four cats is a bit like eating an ice cream in the shower, but after only one application all four furries seem less inclined to shake their heads and scratch. I did ask my cats what they thought about the powder but they just looked at me like I was on the wrong side of sanity, so I can only go by their behaviour. Irritation is less, and they seem more content. Not that they were mite-ridden to the point of their ears dropping off, but it has made a difference. Another reviewer mentioned that this stuff smells like the aroma you find at a dentist - and he/she's right! It smells exactly like that! Now of course should I need to apply a second dusting, said furries will run an absolute mile the second I've taken the lid off the bottle! But, from our point of view, it's worked. Oh - and to apply, I used a long shafted make-up brush to get through all that ear fur that cats seem to have. The powder is quite course (a bit like salt) so it doesn't naturally stick to your finger in the way talc would.

Kitchen Craft Dish Wash Brush
Kitchen Craft Dish Wash Brush
Offered by 4 My Home

1.0 out of 5 stars what an idiot) for it you'd expect a) a much clearer and better product description, 10 Mar. 2016
Rubbish. The bristles on the brush I received are plastic - and I can get a plastic brush anywhere for 35p or less. I know there is nothing to say that this brush is an eco-brush, ie the brush part is made of natural plant fibres, but if you pay nearly £4 (£3.75 plus p+p!! what an idiot) for it you'd expect a) a much clearer and better product description, and b) for it to actually BE worth £4. Over-priced rip-off - even if it is currently advertised for £1.99. No wonder!

Philips HR2020/50 Jug Blender, 1.75 L,400 W - Silver
Philips HR2020/50 Jug Blender, 1.75 L,400 W - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough little cookie.. for a blender, 27 Jan. 2016
Oh this little darling is just brill. I bought it replace a much beefier blender that had a glass jug and which - to be frank - was almost impossible to lift when full due to the weight. This is lightweight and speedy, and blitzes soaked soya beans (which are pretty tough little things) really finely - so no worry about the blades not being tough or sharp enough. I thought, being a much lesser wattage then the Beast Blender (no, wait.. that doesn't sound right.. but you know what I mean), it would be feeble and give up easily. Wrong on both counts. It's great.

Generic YC-9199 Neck and Back Massager with Heat/Timing Function, Orange
Generic YC-9199 Neck and Back Massager with Heat/Timing Function, Orange
Offered by HappyKing

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Jan. 2016
Got a neck ache? Back ache? Leg ache? Arm ache? This is brilliant. It's quite heavy, due to the mechanics, but once you get yourself comfy (in my case with the aid of a couple of cushions) it's an absolute treat. Having thrown myself down some concrete stairs recently I was slightly tender and the muscles all down my left side were beginning to cramp up. Once the bruises had gone, I used this to massage my knee and thigh area, my hip and surrounding muscles and also my lower back. And just so my shoulders and neck didn't get jealous, I did them as well. Really worth the money. Now almost fully recovered I used it regularly just because it's bloody lovely and always makes me feel better. The lead isn't overly long and I have to use an extension lead but that's hardly an issue. However, having said all that, if you can manage to get to a masseuse, I'd recommend you do that as well!

We Can Do It!: 30 Inspirational Postcards for Hard Times
We Can Do It!: 30 Inspirational Postcards for Hard Times
by Ilex Press
Edition: Card Book

3.0 out of 5 stars hmm.. ok, 27 Jan. 2016
They're ok - clearly the selling point is the We Can Do It card (also available in lots of places as a poster) as many of the other cards were very random - guess you had to live in 1940's America to understand a lot of them. I'd say I've used 50% of these cards - the others were just... weird! Ride Together Work Together Save Rubber for Victory, or Save Waste Paper - all of them an insight to the plight of civilians during the war I suppose.

hjh OFFICE TOP Work 13 Black/Chrome Polyurethane Foam Saddle/Mobile Work Stool
hjh OFFICE TOP Work 13 Black/Chrome Polyurethane Foam Saddle/Mobile Work Stool

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 Jan. 2016
Unfortunately had to send this back as it didn't look particularly well made. It arrived flat-pack and a pre-construction inspection of the parts led myself and Mr Handyman to conclude that it really wasn't that well made and probably wouldn't stand up to much use - thus I can't comment on whether or not it was comfortable - but the seat was huge! The company were great, btw, and phoned to ask if they could have done anything better when I requested a return, but I explained it was more the suspected quality of the item than anything else. They were great and I got a refund very soon after returning the item.

ARNDT Poultry Hens Food trough Automatic feeder 50 x 10 cm
ARNDT Poultry Hens Food trough Automatic feeder 50 x 10 cm
Offered by Haven Hens

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinner's Ready, 27 Jan. 2016
My feathery cluckers get on fine with this. Previously they had a large bowl but due to their natural desire to scratch the ground looking for food they kept tipping it over and leaving food all over the grass. They can't do that with this. The wire top is hinged, so you just flip it open to fill up - no need to pour the food in over those little bars. It is aluminium and as you can see raised off the ground by about an inch or so, so very easy to keep clean. Much better than a plastic one which in my experience deteriorates over time due to the weather. All in all, a good purchase. Should have got one years ago instead of a stupid dustpan and brush to gather up all those wasted food pellets. Duh.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10