Profile for fivestarfrankie > Reviews

Content by fivestarfrankie

fivestarfrankie (chippenham, wiltshire United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-24
Big Bang Theory - Season 1-4 Complete [DVD] [2011]
Big Bang Theory - Season 1-4 Complete [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Johnny Galecki
Offered by Macheath Productions

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb !, 26 July 2012
This is review 171 of this show and I can only agree with all the other 5* reviews. I first saw it a week ago and since then I've been watching 4 episodes or more a day. This joins Seinfeld, Frasier, and the Phil Silvers show in my all time US comedies.

Father Ted - The Definitive Collection [1995] [DVD]
Father Ted - The Definitive Collection [1995] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dermot Morgan
Offered by lightningdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Not so much a review, 1 July 2012
More a homage. A couple of minutes ago I watched an episode on more4. I've just realised I've done this at least once a month since the mid nineties. I'm never disappointed when I watch one and yet I've surely seen each one a dozen or more times? Truly great comedy !

The Proposal [DVD]
The Proposal [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sandra Bullock

5.0 out of 5 stars Great !, 1 July 2012
This review is from: The Proposal [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a bloke so I guess I shouldn't admit to this. I love a good romcom. This is a very very good romcom! The minute I see the names of perfect girls next door Drew Barrymore or (as in this case) Sandra Bullock I know I'm going to love it. I did! I won' t spoil the plot, just enjoy!

You're Hired! CVs, Interview Answers and Psychometric Tests
You're Hired! CVs, Interview Answers and Psychometric Tests
by James Meachin

5.0 out of 5 stars This will put you at an unfair advantage !, 17 May 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not sure I agree with books like this because I'm not sure I agree with current recruitment methods. I'm old school and have always hired on a simple evaluation of a person's skills and experience and most importantly how they will fit with the others in the workplace. OK rant over !. If you want to gain a job under modern recruitment techniques this will give you all the tips and techniques for which you could ask and is therefore tremendous value for money.

Blitz [DVD]
Blitz [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Statham

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 7 May 2012
This review is from: Blitz [DVD] (DVD)
I'm writing this review only one hour into this film. It is both unpleasant, violent, yet superb. I suggest you watch it.

Falling for Grace [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Falling for Grace [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by passionFlix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific romcom you are very very likely to enjoy!, 3 May 2012
Just had the pleasure of watching this on Netflix. it's a really good romcom. What made it special for me is the number of times the dialogue is in Chinese for over five minutes at a time with no explanation of what had been said. I applaud the confidence of the filmmaker (who is also the star and director) to take such an unusual decision. This film deserves your attention!

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day [DVD]
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amy Adams
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars A delight !, 28 April 2012
I have just had the pleasure of watching this on Netflix. I don't think I would have bought or rented the film so I'm really pleased to have seen it. I knew from the opening titles announcing it to be a Kudos (Spooks, Life on Mars,Hustle)Co-production that it would be watchable but I was wrong - it isn't a watchable film its a true gem. The writing is excellent as is the casting. The leads play their parts very well indeed. I have nothing negative to say about this film!

How to Sell Antiques and Collectibles on eBay... And Make a Fortune!
How to Sell Antiques and Collectibles on eBay... And Make a Fortune!
by Dennis L. Prince

2.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading but not worth buying, 27 April 2012
This is a book written by and for Americans. It was written a few years ago and has not been updated. it will not give you the knowledge required to make a fortune on eBay - in fact it's an open secret that the only people who make a fortune out of selling on eBay are the shareholders of eBay! On the other hand the book is a relaxed read and I came away knowing at least two useful things which were new to me. Is it worth reading? Yes. Is it worth buying for a tenner? No.

AmazonBasics Portable Stereo System for MP3 Players Black
AmazonBasics Portable Stereo System for MP3 Players Black

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 26 April 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
But thats about it. The sound is quite good, but does not bear comparison with the Logitech product I have connected to my laptop. Size wise it's quite big to use with a phone or MP3 player. The size is sensible when used with my iPad bit the sound isn't much of an improvement on the built in speakers. So all in all its just OK !

QuickBooks 2012 for Dummies, UK Edition
QuickBooks 2012 for Dummies, UK Edition
by Stephen L. Nelson

4.0 out of 5 stars Of course it's good - all "for dummies" books are !, 22 Mar. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wish I could say the same about the software ! I would suggest you don't buy this book because you don't buy the very poor software. If you find yourself in a situation where you have to use Quickbooks then this book is as good a guide as you'll find.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-24