Profile for N. Betts > Reviews

Content by N. Betts

N. Betts "Naomi" (Wiltshire, UK)

Oman, Under Arabian Skies
Oman, Under Arabian Skies
by Rory Patrick Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 9 Jun. 2012
Very informative insight into the different regions in Oman. The author has certainly immersed himself into the culture and lived alongside the Omani people. Detailed but a very easy read. I love the sound of the culture and can't wait to visit.

The Klutz Book of Animation
The Klutz Book of Animation
by John Cassiday
Edition: Hardcover-spiral

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 4 May 2011
Very easy to use. I have had great fun with my 11 year old son making videos. He is able to follow the instructions himself. Sam animation is a little glitchy - need a little bit of patience.

All-New Woodworking for Kids, The
All-New Woodworking for Kids, The
by Kevin McGuire

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Carpentry Book, 20 Dec. 2009
Excellent book. Very modern with useful projects so you don't end up making things you have no use for. I am so pleased with this book and can't wait for my 10yr old son to open this on Christmas day. He is going to love it. Highly recommended for age 9-10 and up (in my opinion).

Bigjigs Toys Junior Tool Box
Bigjigs Toys Junior Tool Box
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

3.0 out of 5 stars Definately a toy, 20 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Bigjigs Toys Junior Tool Box (Toy)
Hi, It was difficult to decipher if this was a toy or basic child size tools for my son to have a go at some carpentry. They do advertise it correctly as a toy. My son is 10 and I feel this is definately a toy. The blades are too think and blunt to create anything with any detail - quite likely to hack into wood. My son is a perfectionist and this would have caused frustration. Luckily the company offered excellent service and gave a full refund without any difficulty and we chose to buy a few basic tools from B&Q. The message is...definately a toy. Great for pretending you are doing jobs with dad.