Profile for petrust > Reviews

CroLED® R7s 78mm 60 SMD LED White Halogen Flood Light Lamp Bulb 6W
CroLED® R7s 78mm 60 SMD LED White Halogen Flood Light Lamp Bulb 6W
Offered by Qflying

4.0 out of 5 stars Economic security lighting, 10 Nov. 2015
I bought two of these as replacements for 2 x 120w strip lamps that were fitted to my outside security lights. Fitting is easy, just remove the reflector fixing screw and throw it away, then insert the new LED unit. The light appears brilliant white, but the beam is not so bright & does not seem to penetrate very far. That said, it's still adequate for my needs, and with 12w v 240w it's no contest which is more worthwhile.

Revenge
Revenge

3.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the plot, 6 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the plot, but I found the early chapters a little slow moving and overly drawn out. I feel the author could have condensed these parts a bit without ruining the storyline.
The final chapters dealing with the "revenge" bit, however, were well written and held my attention to the very end.

Evil Games: A gripping, heart-stopping thriller (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit Disappointed, 13 Aug. 2015
I'm afraid I didn't enjoy this as much as "Silent Scream". For me the plot was just too unbelievable, and although one of the major characters is a psychiatrist, for me there was too much psycho-analysis going on, even by Kim Stone herself! The action parts were well written however, but I can only award 3 stars for this one.

Silent Scream: An edge of your seat serial killer thriller (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bedtime reading, 25 July 2015
Thoroughly enjoyable read, just started Angela's second book......

Motion Sensor Alarm/ Home/ Garage/ Shed/ Extra Remote
Motion Sensor Alarm/ Home/ Garage/ Shed/ Extra Remote
Offered by UK Home & Garden Store Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Above expectations, 6 April 2014
Following a break-in to my garage I bought one of these as temporary protection whilst waiting for a full intruder alarm to be fitted. I have to say it works surprisingly well considering the very modest cost.

DISHONOUR
DISHONOUR

4.0 out of 5 stars Good holiday read, 14 Nov. 2013
This review is from: DISHONOUR (Kindle Edition)
Although the plot was a bit far-fetched, this book held my attention and I enjoyed reading it. Recommended to take on holiday with you

Dark Winter
Dark Winter

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Dark Winter (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the way the story evolved, and the plot definitely kept me guessing! However the ending was, for me, just a bit too far-fetched, and so only gets 3 stars. Will certainly read more David Mark in future

ContourROAM2 Handsfree HD Action Camera - Black (5MP, Still Photo Sensor)
ContourROAM2 Handsfree HD Action Camera - Black (5MP, Still Photo Sensor)

4.0 out of 5 stars Motorcycle helmet cam, 15 Mar. 2013
I wanted an action camera to use while my bike, attached to my crash helmet. As I am a complete novice at this sort of thing, it was with some apprehension I bought a ROAM2. I liked its bullet shape, large on/off switch for use with gloves, and its mid-range price. As soon as I took it out of the box I was releved to see and feel its quality, and setting it up for use was surprisingly straightforward. Attaching the helmet mount (supplied) was equally easy, and with the camera fitted to it feels very secure. I am delighted with my first efforts on my bike with the camera running. I use Windows Movie Maker for editing, again learning as I go.
The one downside is that on a bike, all the microphone picks up is excessive wind roar - I simply add some suitable backing music instead.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2013 7:35 AM BST

Safe House
Safe House

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Safe House (Kindle Edition)
Chris Ewan is probably a biker, or knows someone who is, as this is readily apparent from his detailed knowledge about bikes and the IOM

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 April 2012
Sorry, wasnt really impressed with this book. I was interested at the start with the situation Christine found herself in, but after that things went downhill rather quickly for me. For me the book was unnecessarily lengthy, and the continual repetition annoyed me. I have to admit I skipped through the second half of the book to reach the denouement, which I consider was hardly spectacular or believable.

Page: 1 | 2