Profile for CrazyLady5 > Reviews

Integra curtain track cord tension pulley - Cord tensioner
Offered by Penbrice Interiors
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars cord tensioner pulley, 2 Mar 2014
Have purchased these from this supplier on a previous occasion.
Unfortunately location of product within my property (adjacent to a main doorway) makes it vulnerable to damage so need for replacement is not the fault of the item. I'm just glad I was able to obtain this as it is not readily available in local stores.

Floor touch lamp in Satin Chrome finish - Houseoflights
Floor touch lamp in Satin Chrome finish - Houseoflights
Offered by Houseoflights
Price: 71.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Touch Floor Lamp, 2 Mar 2014
I ordered this for use by an elderly relative who already uses touch table lamps. Unfortunately the glass shade was broken inside the packaging and I shall have to return the item. I hope I shall be able to re-order as stock levels are low.

The 'touch' part of the floor stand is an area about 5 inches long, just below the elbow that is visible in the image - i.e. NOT the whole length of the lamp stand. However, this should be a good height to reach the touch area when someone with limited mobility is seated although I didn't assemble the item so can't be sure of that.

MovingParts XL Truck Windscreen Frost Protector
MovingParts XL Truck Windscreen Frost Protector
Offered by SDE Online
Price: 8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Windscreen frost protector, 16 Dec 2010
Size of this is great as most covers don't fit a 4x4 windscreen. However, product is not as durable as I would have wished. Very easily damaged by accidental contact with car key on first usage. Also, for some odd reason, it sets off my car alarm - I haven't yet discovered why!
On balance, the product does the job I bought it for but I doubt if it will last as long as predecessors.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars petticoat length matters, 25 Sep 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Nothing wrong with the quality of the product, however, the image is deceptive regarding length. No length was quoted in the product information so it was guesswork as to suitability for purpose. If you want this for a 'French Maid' type fancy dress it will be fine. If you want it for a 50s rock'n'roll outfit, it won't do at all as it is far too short to give the desired look.

Tanita PD724 3 Axes Pedometer
Tanita PD724 3 Axes Pedometer
Price: 22.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Walking pedometer, 5 July 2010
I like the versatility of ways to wear this pedometer though it seems to work best in a convenient trouser pocket rather than worn around neck. Not sure of accuracy over distance but for my purposes of measuring relative activity on a daily basis via number of steps taken, it is satisfactory - especially as it automatically stores a week's worth of data. On one occasion it jumped 12 steps just by my removing it from my pocket so I view it as a guide only!
As stated by other reviewers before I purchased this item, the measurement is metric so a calculator may be required for those who prefer miles, but as a simple guide:
calculate the number of steps you need to do at your stride length to achieve 1 mile;
remember that number;
the calculation to determine overall mileage is then much simpler.

Radiance of His Glory: Prayers for the Church: Years A, B and C
Radiance of His Glory: Prayers for the Church: Years A, B and C
by David Adam
Price: 14.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Intercessions, 21 Jan 2010
Clearly laid out. Each year of the Anglican rotation is in a separate section since each was published as a separate book originally. For many Sundays, the approximate date is shown where this is roughly the same each year. This makes it easy to check for a particular Sunday. (Doesn't apply to the Easter period as dates then are so variable.)
Good starting base for a beginner at writing intercessions or as a standby for the more experienced.

by Nick Butterworth
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite Stories from the Bible, 5 Nov 2009
Bought as a christening gift for a baby. Fits the need perfectly. Easy to handle size.

by Stephen Lake
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Confirmation Gift, 23 May 2009
Confirmation Prayer Book
An ideal gift for someone newly confirmed in the ANGLICAN faith. Lots of explanations and example prayers with links to famous passages in the bible. Unfortunately, I wanted it as a gift on CATHOLIC confirmation so I have had to return it as unsuitable - there is a specific reference to being 'a confirmed member of the Church of England' towards the end of the book so there is no 'cross-over' room.
Suggested age suitablility is probably 14 and older. Again the ANGLICAN/CATHOLIC confirmation age differences have an impact.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2013 9:53 PM BST

RSPB Pocket Guide to British Birds
RSPB Pocket Guide to British Birds
by Simon Harrap

5.0 out of 5 stars RSPB Pocket Guide to British Birds, 4 Feb 2009
When I ordered this and RSPB Handbook of British Birds (Ornithology) I was looking for a modern version of my well-loved Hamlyn's and Collin's field guides for my (young adult) daughter.
This is NOT a direct replacement for those old guides but after considering both books, my daughter chose this one in preference to the other because of its more convenient size.
I can't be more specific on the quality of the book as she has it and is using it to identify and know more about the birds she sees when she is out and about.

RSPB Handbook of British Birds
RSPB Handbook of British Birds
by Peter Holden

5.0 out of 5 stars RSPB Handbook of British Birds, 4 Feb 2009
I ordered this as a modern version of the Hamlyn's and Collin's field study guides I have used for many years. My daughter wanted her own guide and we considered this alongside the RSPB Pocket Guide to British Birds. The introduction says this is NOT principally intended as a field guide, yet when looking to choose one, this was the nearest I could find to my 'old faithfuls'.
So far as I have been able to determine (and I'm just an enthusiast not an expert) this is an acceptable update. It covers all the identification factors I would look for - appearance in flight, at different times of year, at different stages of development, description of calls, distribution areas, etc.
There is a section on bird topography (how to describe the 'parts' of a bird's physique and plumage) and also a section that links local, common, scientific and international names, so if you need a description of a Brook Ousel (Water Rail) or a Yarwelp (Avocet), they are there to be found.
The immediate difference is the colour photos rather than drawings of each species. Also it limits itself to 280 species that regularly occur in Britain and Ireland as residents or visitors so if you were lucky enough to spot an 'accidental' from Europe, you might not establish an identity. Then again, if you are good enough to know it is an accidental, you will have other guides available!
There isn't a species comparison page (for the various birds of prey for example) and I miss that - you would have to look at the entry for each possibility whereas my well-loved old guides had a comparison page that showed the outline given by all comparable species for quick identification, then turn to the detailed entry for more information.
Ultimately, my daughter chose the pocket edition, specifically because of its size, but I liked this enough to keep it for the car.

Page: 1 | 2