Profile for shoe buyer > Reviews

Content by shoe buyer

shoe buyer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Revoni Large Radiant Cut 2.75 carats Green Amethyst Solitaire Ring in Sterling Silver Size N 1/2,
Offered by Revoni

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful ring., 21 July 2014
really beautiful ring, stone is lighter than the photo, but still pretty. good weight to the band. good price.

butter LONDON Top and Tails Set
butter LONDON Top and Tails Set

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it.., 21 July 2014
I've never used a base coat before, but my nails have been getting heavily ridged over the past few years. The base coat dries fast and only one coat is needed, it smoothes out most of the ridges I think I need a filler for the really deep ones. It has stopped the darker colours from staining my nails but I'm not sure if it makes my polish last longer or not, I think it is worth it for the smooth finish I get. The top coat dries very fast, and gives a good shine to my nails.

Axign Breeze Sandals | Built in Orthotic with 3 Degree Rear Foot Correction
Axign Breeze Sandals | Built in Orthotic with 3 Degree Rear Foot Correction
Offered by Footcare UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy sandal, 21 July 2014
I love the arch support and the sturdy sole on this flip flop. Feels more substantial than any other pair I've had. No blisters between toes, and I've worn them on holiday must have walked miles in them, and they were incredibly comfortable. I found they fit true to size for my normal width feet. Wish they made a closed toe shoe also.

Long Life Lamp Company B22 10 Watt LED Light Bulb 830 Lumens Very Bright Equivalent to 75 Watt Incandescent Replacement, Warm White

4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, 20 Feb 2014
Well, the first one I got failed within two days. Contacted company, and they were very helpful and sent a replacement straight away. So far the second one is working perfectly. Gives off good amount of warm lights. Hope it lasts!

Babyliss Big Hair 2885U 50mm Spinning Brush Heat Styler
Babyliss Big Hair 2885U 50mm Spinning Brush Heat Styler
Offered by Verdure Plus

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes blow drying easier...UPDATED, 20 Feb 2014
I just recently had shoulder length extensions put in my fine jaw length bob. Having not had hair longer than chin length in decades, I forgot what a hassle it is to blow dry. This thing makes it so easy and leaves my "hair" shiny and with a nice bounce. I just have to be sure to section off the hair so it doesn't get tangled and I usually let my hair air dry for a while, so when I start my hair is just damp. I don't know how it would work on thick hair as there much power to the brush. Hopefully it lasts. ETA.....I deducted one star after using for a while. I noticed my hair isnt as shiny/smooth using this as opposed to a brush and hairdryer. I now use this to mostly dry it then go over with a brush and hairdryer to make it shiny. Annoying extra step.

Rapid Brow Eye Brow Enhancing Serum 3ml
Rapid Brow Eye Brow Enhancing Serum 3ml

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me!!, 20 Feb 2014
I attached photos of how this product has worked for me, I'm so happy I found it. I've been trying to grow my brows for a few years. I over groomed in my 20's & 30's and was left with sad sparse brows in my 40's. Nothing worked and just had to fill them in daily. I started using this in November, 2x's a day. One tube has lasted me this long. I've actually had my brows threaded recently because they were getting unruly! They have come in pretty dark too, (I have dark hair naturally) just a few greys here and there. I'm going to buy a tube for my MIL - she's recovering from chemo and has lost all her hair, brows included. Hopefully this will help her too. I'm guessing if I stop using this my brows will go back to the way they were, so I'm just going to continue once a day. Very happy!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Crocs Women's A-Leigh Leather Mini Cocoa/Cocoa Wedges 11847-274-520 9 UK
Crocs Women's A-Leigh Leather Mini Cocoa/Cocoa Wedges 11847-274-520 9 UK
Offered by jellyegg

4.0 out of 5 stars wide but cute, 25 Jun 2013
Cute basic summer sandal, nice alternative to flip flops. I was sent a 9W, not a 9M which I ordered, so obvs they are very wide. I don't have wide feet, so they are a little loose, but not too bad. I don't know if all sizes are wide, if they are narrow feet will have a problem. Lining of shoe has little bumps on it, that I find very comfortable, nice arch support and soft and comfy to wear, however the lining is made of the croc's plastic so they aren't very absorbent. When feet start to sweat they slide around in the shoe, it's a little weird. I deducted one star for that. If you are used to crocs you'll know what I mean, but this is my first pair. Good size heel, seems well made, I like them. They are VERY lightweight, so easy to pack as carryon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2013 12:55 PM BST

Hairmax Laser comb Pro 12
Hairmax Laser comb Pro 12
Offered by CurrentBody

1.0 out of 5 stars 6 Weeks and not too much to report-Updated oct 2014, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Hairmax Laser comb Pro 12
I am a 44 y.o. female who is experiencing general thinning of my hair. I have always had very fine soft hair which would never grow past my shoulders, but I had a lot of it. The thinning is most noticeable (to me), at the top of my head, hairline and temple region. I am currently being tested for hypothyroidism, which may be the cause, or it could be age. Anyway I've been using this comb religiously for 6 weeks, and have not seen any new hair growth or thickening of my hair. What I did have was excessive shedding of hairs, which has only just subsided in the past week. Apparently this is quite normal, and it's something that can happen with regaine/propecia also. It is described in detail on the hairmax site, so I won't get into the science of it here. I haven't had my hair cut in 2 months, normally it would need cut every 6 weeks, after 8 weeks I still don't "need" to get my hair cut. It feels thin when I run my hands through it and I can see through it at the front. I'm going to continue using it for the 6 months, and I will post another review (if I can) at 12 weeks, which is when they say you should start to see growth/improvement.

My husband (44), who has been using regaine for years is using the comb also. He has male patterned thinning, but still has hair growing on top of his head, but the bald spots are starting to show through, esp. at the back.(like prince William) His hair is looking much better than it ever has before. He has curly coarse hair that gets frizzy as it gets longer, and he had to keep it quite short so he didn't look like a tramp. Now it is smoother and shinier, and he is able to grow it longer, which he couldn't do before. That sort of gives the illusion of more coverage? idk. He says he hasn't noticed any new growth, but he is using the comb and regaine so he may get results sooner than me. It's certainly made his hair look better, he's quite happy with it and is continuing to use it, i'll post his 12 week update also.

UPDATED 13/10/14 I used the comb for a further six months from my original review, and TBH it didn't really do anything for me. My hair was shinier, maybe from all the brushing? but my hair was still thin and lacked volume, with no medical condition to blame it on, I'm guessing it's just age. I decided to get extensions for volume, and really happy with that. Maybe I was just unlucky, but I would say it was a waste of money for me. My husband is still using it, but he hasn't been using the comb on a regular basis. Sometimes he forgets for a week or only does twice in a week. Anyway, he's trying to get into the regular use of it again. He feels it(along with the regaine) has made a difference to his hair quality and feels it's helping him. He doesn't think it has grown any new hair tho, but that it may be helping him keep what he has, but that is really hard to prove/disprove. I'm sorry to say that it didn't work for me and I don't think the "results" my hubby had are worth the price of the comb. Changed rating from 3 to 1.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2014 7:07 AM BST

A168® Women Stretchy Long Sleeve Fingerless Gloves, Suitable for Dress Matching, Sun Protection, Halloween, Dressing Party (Beige)
Offered by A168

3.0 out of 5 stars as described, 13 Jun 2013
bought to wear whilst driving in summer to protect my old lady hands and arms from sun. They work well, are light weight and fitted so as to be comfortable to wear. Beige colour is like a very pale yellow. I don't think they will stand up to washing or last very long, some of the seams are already pulling apart and I've only worn once, which is why I deducted 2 stars. Suitable for now, and a good price , until I find a more robust pair.

Trance Workout Energy Boost 132-140bpm for Running, Jogging, Treadmills, Cardio Machines & Gym Workouts

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for running, 8 May 2013
This isn't my kind of music so I can't comment on the quality, but I was looking for something that would help me run at a more a consistent pace. This does the trick. It's pretty innocuous music, like white noise with a good steady beat. The first two tracks have no breaks between songs, so no break in pace.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3