Profile for LizL > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
BaByliss 2289U Glamour Waves Curling Tong
BaByliss 2289U Glamour Waves Curling Tong

4.0 out of 5 stars works ok for me, 8 Dec. 2015
My own hair is very fine and I have great length extensions in for volume. My hair is just below my shoulders. I use this at the hottest setting and only curl the mid lengths on my hair. I hold it in for about 20 seconds for each curl, and it works well for me. Gives me beachy tousled waves, which is what I was looking for. I think it takes a bit of getting used to if you are currently using straighteners, its very different way to curl hair and takes longer. The cord is SUPER short which is why i deducted one star.

Lilibeth of New York Brow Shaper Set of 2 Pink
Lilibeth of New York Brow Shaper Set of 2 Pink
Offered by Instant Beauty Fix

4.0 out of 5 stars One little quibble..., 29 Oct. 2015
They do work and are very easy to carry around. They work especially well on the top part of brow or on the upper lip. However I find the blade bit too long to get in at my arches and work below the brow. I'm scared I'm going to slip and shave off my whole brow. LOL! If they made one in the set half the size I would find them perfect. Maybe I will get used to them or you know...end up brow-less.

Halo Proactive Sports Wash 6 Pack
Halo Proactive Sports Wash 6 Pack
Offered by Nine Enterprises

4.0 out of 5 stars Great detergent, highly over priced here..., 27 July 2015
Great product. It does keep mine and my hubby's sports kit whiff free.I started using it as my regular washing detergent also. HOWEVER, I was just in Sainsbury's and saw they sell it for £4/bottle??? Will buy it there from now on as it really does work.

chinkyboo 2X Facial Hair Remover Removal Epilator Stick Threading Beauty Tool
chinkyboo 2X Facial Hair Remover Removal Epilator Stick Threading Beauty Tool

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok product, 24 July 2015
There are no instructions but there are very helpful youtube videos that show how to use it. It takes practice, and is fiddly but once you get the movement it works. Cheap and easy to pack too. Took forever to arrive tho.

The Legendary Magic Oven Glove Hot Surface Handler (PAIR) - Cook, Adjust, Repair & Work Safely with the glove that can withstand temperatures of up to 540°F
Offered by DWD UK

5.0 out of 5 stars good purchase, 23 April 2015
not sure how legendary they are, but they are pretty good gloves for taking hot things out of the oven and not getting burned....

Basily Cut Resistant Kitchen Gloves
Basily Cut Resistant Kitchen Gloves
Offered by AbcoTech Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars do what they say..., 23 April 2015
work very well with my mandolin slicer and also grater. No cut fingers or scraped knuckles.

Ibili 782000 V-shaped Mandolin
Ibili 782000 V-shaped Mandolin

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for softer veg, 23 April 2015
Good for softer veg however didn't work well on a sweet potato or swede. I was trying to make "crisps" but the blade just wasn't sharp enough. used it on carrot, courgette, cuc's, leeks etc tho with no problem. I also don't use the veg holder that comes with it, I bought a pair of cut resistant gloves that work a treat.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2015 6:43 PM BST

Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock HF3520/01 Coloured Sunrise Simulation - 5 Sounds and Radio Function

5.0 out of 5 stars It actually works.., 5 Feb. 2015
I do wake up before the alarm sound goes off, so I haven't really heard the "seagulls and ocean waves" yet, and the light is on level 16. I don't seem to have any issues with the buttons, I figured it out after the first few settings. I love the sunset option at night- I put it on while I read, for about 30 mins and by the end it's hard to keep my eyes open. It is a gentle wakening, and it is nicer than an alarm sound pulling me out of a deep sleep. I still hate getting up in the morning, but this has made it much less painful. My husband gets up later than me, and he has said it doesn't wake him up at all. Pretty expensive, but i think it should last for a long time, and it does work for me.

Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Pink
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Made me more aware., 27 Jan. 2015
I think this has really helped me to move more. I've found I put on a bit of middle age spread over the past few years. Couldn't figure out why, thought I was healthy and active however the Fitbit has highlighted just how chained to my desk/sofa I am. It's been a bit of a kick up the backside to move more and get my steps in and I do feel better for it. I've also linked it to my phone and myfitnesspal account to track my calories. Having all the info in one place on my phone is handy. I'm not sure how much I will keep up with it tho. I charge it every Sunday nite, so battery level isn't too bad. I find the accuracy to be pretty good. I used the sleep tracker for a while, got some good info from it, but don't feel the need to do that anymore. I really like it, esp for the price I think it's a good introduction to this fitness band craze without spending a lot of money. If you are looking for a good starter band, I would recommend this one.

Revoni Large Radiant Cut 2.75 carats Green Amethyst Solitaire Ring in Sterling Silver Size N 1/2,
Offered by Revoni

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful ring., 21 July 2014
really beautiful ring, stone is lighter than the photo, but still pretty. good weight to the band. good price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4