Profile for Gordz > Reviews

Content by Gordz

Gordz (Cheshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Casio Men's Quartz Watch with Grey Dial Digital Display and Green Resin Strap SDB-100-3AEF

3.0 out of 5 stars Great watch... but NOT for men!, 28 Feb 2013
Great features, especially the way you can store past times which is fantastic for such a cheap watch... however, this is NOT a man's watch at all! The strap is tiny! I don't have huge wrists at all, but I have to use the very last hole on the strap. Very disappointing as this is a great watch, but the strap is nowhere near big enough for a male!

Very misleading calling this a 'Men's watch', if you have an average wrist size or above, I would avoid this watch completely!

However, if you have small wrists or are female, then this watch is perfect and I would highly recommend it.

Picking Up The Brass
Picking Up The Brass
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Started great, but..., 28 Feb 2013
Brilliantly written, very insightful and funny... however, I did find myself getting a bit bored in the final quarter of the book, and didn't enjoy the way it abruptly ended (obviously done on purpose so you buy the 2nd book). But still a good read, especially if like myself you're about to enter military life!

Staedtler Lumocolor Permanent Pen 313 Superfine 0.4mm Line - Assorted Colours (Pack of 4)
Price: 7.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Military use, 28 Feb 2013
Quite hard to get hold of the superfine version of these pens which are essential in the military during training and exercises, so it's great to be able to get hold of them here with a low price and quick delivery.

5mm 10mm 20mm & 30mm SET 4 UPPER & LOWER CASE ALPHABET STENCIL
5mm 10mm 20mm & 30mm SET 4 UPPER & LOWER CASE ALPHABET STENCIL
Offered by Quickdraw Stationery UK
Price: 3.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper & Better Than High Street!, 28 Feb 2013
Required 30mm stencil for labelling PT kit, and on the high street these were going for 5 - 10 which I thought was a bit of a rip off for a bit of plastic, plus I could only find them in pink, yellow and other bright colours which are not suitable for the military.

Then I came across this set of stencils on Amazon for not only 30mm, but 20mm, 10mm and 5mm too all for under 2, which I thought was a bit of a bargain! Good quality, quick delivery and also in a nice dull grey/clear colour, perfect!

Sony MDR-AS20J Active Series Headphones
Sony MDR-AS20J Active Series Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Running/Cycling/Exercise, 14 Jan 2011
Being a sport scientist I spend a lot of time on bikes, treadmills and out running. And being a sport scientist, I also understand how important music can be motivation...

I've gone through loads of 'sport' headphones, but these are by far the best.

They fit my ears perfectly and stay put, even when orienteering training on rugged terrain where my head is moving around quite a lot and where all my other headphones have failed.

I must admit though, if you have small or very large ears then these may not work for you! My ears are aprox. average-large size (I don't know how to measure ears!!!) and they fit perfectly.

Only downside is that I find the clip extremely hard to open when trying to attach it to my clothing.

So overall - these are the best headphones I've ever used for running that actually stay put and give good sound quality, but don't block out too much noise, so I can still hear traffic etc.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Wine Saving Product, 29 Dec 2010
FIRSTLY PLEASE NOTE THAT AMAZON SEND YOU THE NEW VERSION OF VACUVIN STOPPERS AND NOT THE OLD ONES PICTURED.

Having used my parents old Vacuvin with the old style stoppers which worked brilliantly and after reading other reviews stating the new ones were rubbished, I was initially quite worried!

But after a few uses now, I actually prefer the new style stoppers. You get a nice click noise from the pump so you know when you've reached vacuum, and the new stoppers come apart and so are easier to clean. And most importantly they keep wine and cider (the old style bottles) perfectly if you can't finish a bottle all in one night!

I definitely recommend this product to anyone. From the avid drinker who will finish the bottle in one night (and just wants to keep it fresh throughout the evening) to the drinker who just likes one glass a night and wants their drink fresh over a few days.

5 Star Calculator Desktop Battery/Solar-power 12 Digit 2 Set Memory Ref DT12D
5 Star Calculator Desktop Battery/Solar-power 12 Digit 2 Set Memory Ref DT12D
Offered by Tudor Office Supplies
Price: 5.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value Desktop Calculator, 18 Sep 2010
Needed a desktop calculator as was fed up of using my computers one, and didn't really want to spend too much, and basically this was the answer.

Yes it's ridiculously cheap, but it's very good quality and has a lot of features which are only on higher-end desktop calculators in the shops which are 15+.

It does it's job, it was cheap, I've no complaints! So a nice big 10 out of 10 for this!

Daewoo KOR8A0R Touch Control Solo Microwave Oven, 800 Watt, 23 Litre - Black
Daewoo KOR8A0R Touch Control Solo Microwave Oven, 800 Watt, 23 Litre - Black
Offered by Express Box Limited
Price: 72.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Get Better For The Price!, 18 Sep 2010
As my title says really, this is the best quality, best performing, best looking, easiest to use microwave you can possibly buy at this price range!

I'd gone through 3 microwaves from a variety of high street shops before taking the plunge and ordering from amazon (don't usually purchase items like this online as I like to view them before hand). But I had nothing to worry about, as it came exactly as pictured and had all the features mentioned. Also delivery was very quick too, and arrived very well packaged and completely undamaged.

Another bonus to this microwave is its size. All other microwaves in this price range are 20litres and below, so to get one at 23 was another nice touch.

Talking of nice touches, the finish and look of the microwave is brilliant, looks a lot more expensive than it actually cost, and I quote my mother "where did you get the money to spend on a microwave like that?!". So she too was surprised at the excellent value for money of this microwave.

All in all 10 out of 10, 100%, A+, and every other top mark you can throw at it!!!

The Best of Britain: Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly: Accessible, contemporary guides by local authors: Accessible, Contemporary Guides by Local Experts
by Lesley Gillilan

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Guide Book for Cornwall, 16 Jun 2010
I spent a long time in WHSmith reading through the many guides they had on Cornwall, and I found this one the easiest to read and easy to find areas quickly, and it also gave the most relevant and interesting information.

After finding this perfect guide book on Cornwall, I then ordered it from Amazon for about half the price WHSmith wanted! Cheers Amazon for the low price!

So basically, if you're undecided on which guide book to purchase for your trip down to Cornwall, I've already done all the research for you...

... This is simply THE best guide book for Cornwall, no matter what area you are visiting, this book gives clear, concise, and on occasions entertaining, information on the beautiful area of Cornwall.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2010 11:57 PM BST

Cornwall (OS Travel Map - Tour Map)
Cornwall (OS Travel Map - Tour Map)
by Ordnance Survey
Edition: Map
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a Cornish Touring Holiday, 16 Jun 2010
This map covers the whole of Cornwall, plus the larger towns in more detail.

It's perfect. Shows beaches, parking, attractions, toilets, land marks, everything you could ever want to find on a map when touring Cornwall!

I definitely recommend buying this map than buying several land ranger os maps. Convenient to just keep in the glove box and quickly see what's close by that you can visit.

I'm a surfer and personally find it extremely useful for finding beaches and where to park for them.

If you're visiting Cornwall, either for the first time or the 100th time, I think this map is an essential accessory that will help you have a stress free, planned and varied holiday.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3